LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Cut already, wow. Sometimes a guy just doesn't put it together at the next level despite his best efforts and Patton's one of those guys.

Yeah, I mean it's pretty sad to say the least. He got released with an injury settlement from a team who by all accounts are absolutely tanking the season for #1 pick.
Cut already, wow. Sometimes a guy just doesn't put it together at the next level despite his best efforts and Patton's one of those guys.

Jet's are purposefully tanking the season. Any player on that team is setup to fail or released so the team can fail.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Joecool:

Jet's are purposefully tanking the season. Any player on that team is setup to fail or released so the team can fail.

smart. wish we'd do the same, but looks like KS and JL are determined to win.
Too bad, he seemed like a likable guy. Remember the story about him immediately flying to SF after the draft and Harbaugh telling him he had to go back home (i.e. he was there too early, woulda been a league violation)? He had the drive/attitude, but apparently just didn't have the talent.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theduke85:
Too bad, he seemed like a likable guy. Remember the story about him immediately flying to SF after the draft and Harbaugh telling him he had to go back home (i.e. he was there too early, woulda been a league violation)? He had the drive/attitude, but apparently just didn't have the talent.

Talent wasn't the issue...he lacked any kind of Football IQ.

Looking back that was an example of his mental issues.

Can't follow directions.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Can't follow directions.

Yeah, I couldn't stand the player. Poor fit outside for us and a bone head. That said, very likeable player who played hard and his teammates and coaches liked him. I wish him and his young family the best.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Can't follow directions.

Yeah, I couldn't stand the player. Poor fit outside for us and a bone head. That said, very likeable player who played hard and his teammates and coaches liked him. I wish him and his young family the best.

This is so weird he got cut. I thought we had good receivers and quality o-line the last couple years and were just missing one or two pieces.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
He has the intangibles, he's just limited athletically (slow).
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

If the 49ers had lost that game, Arizona wins the tiebreaker, right?

Originally posted by FL9er:

And he loves himself an unnecessary penalty.
Originally posted by FL9er:

Dude ran down Kaepernick from behind during the Chargers game.

He was too undersized to play outside, its a shame he wasn't bigger, with another 25 to 30 pounds he could have been a killer TE, was always a monster blocker. If you go back through some of the biggest YAC gains the 49ers have made over the past 3 seasons, inevitably Patton popped up quite a bit making a key block, like he did against Carolina, completely wiping Kuechly out of the play.

Originally posted by Joecool:

Ditto
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dude ran down Kaepernick from behind during the Chargers game.

Might've been fun seeing him play S.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
You know this isn't real life when 6'0 205 pounds is considered "small."
Share 49ersWebzone