LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Weren't we saying this to Jenkins? A year later and he still hasn't ran the hill! Lol
Originally posted by Broseph6:
Weren't we saying this to Jenkins? A year later and he still hasn't ran the hill! Lol

Jenkins wasnt all that impressive from the beginning. Im a bit bias but I saw him play at Illinois and I didn't think he was anything special. I said he would be a great pick up in the 3rd or 4th round.
Where do I sign up for the Quinton Patton fan club? The more I learn about this kid the more I like him.

• thl408
What if Patton knew he couldn't show up to camp, but did it anyway for this press and to get in good with Jim? I'm hoping we've found our slot WR for the next 4 years.
This kid has GREAT character I love his initiative can't wait to watch him play
Would be funny if he misses the flight next week. NT would explode.
Originally posted by KegBert:
Where do I sign up for the Quinton Patton fan club? The more I learn about this kid the more I like him.

With Phoenix, he's been Pattons #1 fan for a long time. LOL. Really what's not to like about this kid, he was my favorite pick in this draft because getting him in the fourth should get the Ninja prison time!
Originally posted by 49ers808:
With Phoenix, he's been Pattons #1 fan for a long time. LOL. Really what's not to like about this kid, he was my favorite pick in this draft because getting him in the fourth should get the Ninja prison time!

LOL.......new members of the Quinton Patton Fan Club are always welcome.

PS-Unlimited free BBQ Chicken Nacho's and Pulled Pork are included in the deal.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:

Jenkins wasnt all that impressive from the beginning. Im a bit bias but I saw him play at Illinois and I didn't think he was anything special. I said he would be a great pick up in the 3rd or 4th round.

Isn't this literally what we're saying about Quinton Patton?
when i watch him he reminds me of Marvin Harrison

Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by socalfan21:

Isn't this literally what we're saying about Quinton Patton?

Nope. We're all saying he's a 2nd rounder that we got in the 4th. Not the other way around.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Wonder if he doesn't play or make a catch this yr if y'all will be screaming bust like alot of u have with AJ? ?? good pick up let him learn college WR to NFL WR is a tough translation ....

Unlike Jenkins, Patton is ready to contribute. It was pretty clear early on that Jenkins had a loooong way to go.

Don't u think if patton ready to contribute he would have been picked along time ago? ?? I'm just saying cause I dislike all tha hate AJ has gotten by alot on here N now everyone all over Patton nuts like he's tha next Jerry Rice ..

No one's saying he's the next Jerry. Patton is an incredibly talented player who just happened to fall. Good players slip through the cracks sometimes. AJ Jenkins was a long term project who the 49ers felt had eventual 1st-round potential (I strongly disagree, but that's not that point). Patton is a different type of player. He's not a raw prospect with an enormous ceiling like you see with certain picks that go in the 1st and 2nd round. He's a well-rounded player, not a project.

Players develop at different rates. The jury is still out on Jenkins, but it was disappointing he couldn't even push any of the guys above him, while other later-round rookies were contributing. Just because Jenkins didn't contribute in year one, doesn't mean Patton won't. No one is saying Patton is going to start. When I say contribute, that could mean even just 10-20 catches for 150 yards or so.

I totally agree with you. I think AJ is going to be facing some serious competition from Quinton.

If you just go on attitude for starters, on the one hand we have AJ who never even took up Jerry Rice's offer to run "The Hill" plus showing up weeks late to join Kaep to train in Atlanta. Then on the other we have a kid who is so keen and enthusiastic that he went to buy his own plane ticket and rented his own car to get to the facility to start training. You then read articles about what his ex-coach Sonny Dykes had to say about the kid and hear comments like he had to literally drag him off the field for working too hard and ordered him to go home.

I will say this, I don't know how they are going to work out in camp, but if I was AJ I would start busting my chops. This is the NFL, the moment you lag behind will the moment you lose your spot.
Originally posted by Rascal:
I totally agree with you. I think AJ is going to be facing some serious competition from Quinton.

If you just go on attitude for starters, on the one hand we have AJ who never even took up Jerry Rice's offer to run "The Hill" plus showing up weeks late to join Kaep to train in Atlanta. Then on the other we have a kid who is so keen and enthusiastic that he went to buy his own plane ticket and rented his own car to get to the facility to start training. You then read articles about what his ex-coach Sonny Dykes had to say about the kid and hear comments like he had to literally drag him off the field for working too hard and ordered him to go home.

I will say this, I don't know how they are going to work out in camp, but if I was AJ I would start busting my chops. This is the NFL, the moment you lag behind will the moment you lose your spot.

I thought Jenkins ran the hill during the vets ota week. I remember us talking about it or saying he was set to run it.
Monday wasn't the first time one of Quinton Patton's coaches told him to go home.

Former Louisiana Tech head coach Sonny Dykes on Thursday said those words were a refrain the last two years on the practice field in Ruston, La. where Patton often would stay late to work on his route running. "We told him that many times," said Dykes, who is now the head coach at Cal. "'We got our work done today, Quinton. Let's recharge our batteries and go back to work tomorrow.'"

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/05/monday-wasnt-first-time-a-coach-told-quinton-patton-to-go-home.html#storylink=cpy
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by Rascal:

I thought Jenkins ran the hill during the vets ota week. I remember us talking about it or saying he was set to run it.

He did ? With Jerry Rice ? I didn't know that. You have a link ?
Share 49ersWebzone