LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by znk916:
that thing popped out way too easily

Running down the left sideline he should hold the ball in his left hand not his right. Wont happen again.

Or, at least cover the ball.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Running down the left sideline he should hold the ball in his left hand not his right. Wont happen again.

They teach those basic skills in high school!! The dude should know better or yet after so many years its automatic to switch the ball to you left side. Just shows lack of knowledge and understanding of the game. You can smash your helmet all you want Patton but there are reasons why certain players don't see alot of playing time and he just showed why.
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:

They teach those basic skills in high school!! The dude should know better or yet after so many years its automatic to switch the ball to you left side. Just shows lack of knowledge and understanding of the game. You can smash your helmet all you want Patton but there are reasons why certain players don't see alot of playing time and he just showed why.

While I agree, just to play devil's advocate, there are some programs that teach the opposite -- which is, keep the ball in your dominate hand at all times. The logic here is that it's more secure because you have more control and command with your predominant hand.

Being that Patton fumbled anyway, it's a moot point.
Originally posted by ethan:
LOL, he caught 2 out of 6 targets (9 total yards, I think) and fumbled the game away. Complete toad, just like his best buddy wearing #7.

Seriously, the dude is a dud. He hasn't done nothing minus one good catch in AZ a year ago today. But that has been it. Keep him at WR #5

Youre right, Patton is the only guy to fumble the football in the history of the NFL......

I agree one hundred
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
he fumbled it cost us ok.
every time he gets time on the field he makes something happen.
the current administration doesn't care about the speed he and ellington bring to the table on offense.
its not his fault these people don't use him

Ellington ain't about much at all. He's been subpar all season on return duties and as a WR. His 3 yard wide open TD and his 1yd rush TD with only one man to beat requires very little talent.
Originally posted by 49ersPrincipality:
Seriously, the dude is a dud. He hasn't done nothing minus one good catch in AZ a year ago today. But that has been it. Keep him at WR #5

How many opportunities has he gotten? Both he and Ellington showed that they deserved more playing time than they had gotten. Both brought the sort of speed that this offense has been lacking all season. Both guys seem to put their put their heart into the game.
Ellington ain't about much at all.

Lol okay, thanks for sharing.
Originally posted by ethan:
LOL, he caught 2 out of 6 targets (9 total yards, I think) and fumbled the game away. Complete toad, just like his best buddy wearing #7.

You can't put blame on him for losing it and not say the same for miller who fumbled at the goal line and cost us seven.

The reality is there is plenty of blame to go around for this loss. It was not one or two players.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Ellington ain't about much at all.

Lol okay, thanks for sharing.

Yeah, that's a silly statement.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

How many opportunities has he gotten? Both he and Ellington showed that they deserved more playing time than they had gotten. Both brought the sort of speed that this offense has been lacking all season. Both guys seem to put their put their heart into the game.

I definitely agree with you about that with Patton. Excellent blocking, put his team before himself, gives it his all never sees the field and never ever complains. You have to love that. I'm just piss'd he fumbled. And upset we don't have a big body WR

Yeah im pissed about the lost just like the rest of the fans but how can you call a player dud when Patton barely saw any playing time since he got drafted, when he does play he's like the 4th WR. Put this guy in a team like NE or GB and even maybe NO and I bet you he'll be a beast
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:

Yeah im pissed about the lost just like the rest of the fans but how can you call a player dud when Patton barely saw any playing time since he got drafted, when he does play he's like the 4th WR. Put this guy in a team like NE or GB and even maybe NO and I bet you he'll be a beast

I agree
If we can get a passing OC I'd feel good going into next year with Boldin, Johnson (restructured/pay cut from 6.025 mil), Ellington, Patton.... throw in a vet bargain for fa or trade or a high draft pick. If there is room maybe Jacobs finally makes the roster this year as the #6 if we keep 6. BTW this game showed how much we wasted the speed of Ellington and Patton on offense this year. Ran a bunch of jet sweeps and jet sweep fakes the previous few years but this year maybe once or twice before this game.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 21, 2014 at 7:02 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone