LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by lamontb:
2 years in and we have no clue what we have in Patton.

Can't help but think that the new coach (if he's worth his weight in salt) will utilize quicker receivers who get open in a small amount of space. Patton seems to do this well so can't image we won't use him. But yes, jury is still out on him.
Why is Patton jerking off Kap's shoulder pad?
Originally posted by pete98146:
2 years in and we have no clue what we have in Patton.

Can't help but think that the new coach (if he's worth his weight in salt) will utilize quicker receivers who get open in a small amount of space. Patton seems to do this well so can't image we won't use him. But yes, jury is still out on him.

Playing Lloyd ahead of him just wasn't smart. Lloyd's made 2 plays this year and will probably be gone next year. Instead we could have found out a lot about Patton. Look at all the success of young wr's who have been given a shot. .
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by DeUh:
MaioccoCSN

With Stevie Johnson questionable with a knee issue, it could open way for 49ers WR Quinton Patton to have a role.

LOL. Like Stevie Johnson has a real role within HaRomans offense.......

And again here is Matt Barrows version.

mattbarrows

WR Stevie Johnson (knee) also has been ruled out of Sunday's game for the #49ers.

What is it, ruled out or questionable ?

Part of me wonders if they're going to go in and just start hauling off on the Seahawks given the asymmetric injury history. Everyone that's remotely questionable is going to held out. Everyone else, bring the pain because winning means nothing at this point.
Originally posted by Geeked:
Part of me wonders if they're going to go in and just start hauling off on the Seahawks given the asymmetric injury history. Everyone that's remotely questionable is going to held out. Everyone else, bring the pain because winning means nothing at this point.

Loosing means nothing at this point
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Originally posted by Geeked:

Loosing means nothing at this point

everything means nothing at this point.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
everything means nothing at this point.

Let's roll Patton! Hopefully he can make some plays this weekend
This guy Patton needs to start. Boldin got old really fast this year and since no playoffs this year, 49ers need to start and USE Patton, see what they have and what he can become. I personally like him as a prospect.
Playing Lloyd ahead of him just wasn't smart. Lloyd's made 2 plays this year and will probably be gone next year. Instead we could have found out a lot about Patton. Look at all the success of young wr's who have been given a shot. .
We are in a win-now mode, there is no "let's give a young guy some playing time in order to develop him for the next season". Ongoing season (here)>>>>>>>next season. It is brutal but rational.

We are still talking about a team which is loaded with experienced, high-quality guys at WR. I have a hard time to find a team which possesses WRs at #1-#3 who have the potential if not even the proven ability to catch passes for 1000 yards in a regular season, despite of being part of a run-heavy team.
I argue, without any further research, that the WRs you refer to, have a lot of playing time because their competition is weak, at best. Let's take a look at some rookies:
1)Beckham jr.. Imho, he shouldn't be on the list at all, given that 12th ovr is a "should be certainly pro-ready"-designation. However, who is the next best WR? Randle...wow.

2)Kelvin Benjamin? next best WR is Cotchery.

3)Jordan Matthews? #2 behind Maclin and ahead of Riley Cooper, who was never been more than a #2-WR, if at all.

4)Cooks? again, a first-round pick. Thus, at least #2 on the depth has to be within the realms of possibility. BTW, we are talking about a pass-friendly offense.

5)Evans? story of success, without a doubt. BUT, there was nothing besides Vincent Jackson and he was 7th ovr. Now, he is the #1-WR there.

6)Landry? Ok, this is an assumption so far. I liked him a lot and thought that he will be successful and he has beaten Hartline (he isnt injured, is he?).

Conclusion: out of six examples which I had on my mind, only one guy has really used his opportunity. The remaining guys came in a situation which hasn't provided any serious competition at all.
Therefore, imho, you cannot compare our very special WR-situation to that of any other team in the league.
[ Edited by communist on Dec 12, 2014 at 5:57 PM ]

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Why is Patton jerking off Kap's shoulder pad?

Kap trying to act hard... it's go time for Patty, Kap's hard now... it's the thing to do to hard objects / tools
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Originally posted by thl408:
I don't know why this is funny to me

lol

Damn tools crack me the hell up
I don't see Patton having an impact tomorrow. It will be difficult for him to get any separation with DBs making their illegal, but not flagged for, contact downfield.
The more playing time he gets will be the best way for him to improve.
He didn't get many catchable passes throw his way and a fumble against him doesnt help. But on kaepe 90 yd run he caught up to Kaep very fast. Might be much faster than I thought ..
Share 49ersWebzone