LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Its almost impossible to have a real opinion on Patton. I hope he continues to improve but I have absolutely no idea what type of player he will become.
I'm all for him showing emotion and being fired up! It's not like he was doing it in anyone's face(albeit he did get in the zebra's face) or jawing at anyone. I'm all for it as long as it not a distraction to the team and/or penalized for it. Keep it up QP
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by FL9er:
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Wow so the guy made a good catch and took a lick for a big first down and got up celebrating and now he's Brandon Lloyd ? Wtf is wrong with some of you?

Slow down. It is my opinion that he comes across as immature similar to Lloyd when he first came into the league. That's all. We can agree to disagree.

How has be been immature? He has an insanely weird TD dance (like mostly every player and he's scored like 3x) and after ONE play gets up and flexes/raises his arms to get the crowd pumped. The team had looked like a MAC conference team playing SEC/PAC-12 teams for 2.5 games, and knew it was rubbing the fans the wrong way. I was happy to see him get up and try and get the crowd into the game.

That is definitely not on-field version of Lloyd, DJax, or any comparable player and he has had zero off-field issues. If you're calling him immature it seems as if you are trying to find a reason to not like him.

I was at the stadium in the endzone where it happened. He took a good lick. The crowd reacted to the hit. He then got up and the crowd in that corner went wild. We loved it. I know I was screaming my head off when I saw it. That play made me like him a bit more. I don't think the crowd was picked up on the TV, but everyone began to cheer when it happened.
Originally posted by 74offsuit:
I'm all for him showing emotion and being fired up! It's not like he was doing it in anyone's face(albeit he did get in the zebra's face) or jawing at anyone. I'm all for it as long as it not a distraction to the team and/or penalized for it. Keep it up QP

Agreed. He got popped. Wanted to show everyone on both teams he wasn't fazed! He was pumped up. I didn't mind it.
Double post
[ Edited by JimHarbaugh on Aug 25, 2014 at 9:43 PM ]
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by 74offsuit:

Agreed. He got popped. Wanted to show everyone on both teams he wasn't fazed! He was pumped up. I didn't mind it.

This.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by FL9er:
Wow so the guy made a good catch and took a lick for a big first down and got up celebrating and now he's Brandon Lloyd ? Wtf is wrong with some of you?

Slow down. It is my opinion that he comes across as immature similar to Lloyd when he first came into the league. That's all. We can agree to disagree.

How has be been immature? He has an insanely weird TD dance (like mostly every player and he's scored like 3x) and after ONE play gets up and flexes/raises his arms to get the crowd pumped. The team had looked like a MAC conference team playing SEC/PAC-12 teams for 2.5 games, and knew it was rubbing the fans the wrong way. I was happy to see him get up and try and get the crowd into the game.

That is definitely not on-field version of Lloyd, DJax, or any comparable player and he has had zero off-field issues. If you're calling him immature it seems as if you are trying to find a reason to not like him.

I think everyone's over reaction is due to the right time and place. It was within the 2 minute warning, he stayed in bounds, and got up celebrating like he scored a TD causing the 49ers to burn a time out, which they did about 10 seconds after he started celebrating. Hypothetically, if the 49ers were out of time outs his celebrating would be considered bone head, but instead the coaching staff was able to bail him out of making this mistake. I do not really think anything of it, honestly, and I am trying to ride the fine neutral line, but he really showed nothing to us that he was even thinking about the game clock or anything of it and is probably why fans have a problem with it. If it were not inside of 2 minutes, I think this all would be moot. Not to nitpick but Patton also did have the bonehead play of not looking for the ball that Gabbert checked down to him to. If anyone blames Gabbert for this, you need to check yourself.
[ Edited by dayday44 on Aug 26, 2014 at 10:00 AM ]
Ultimately, and I think this yr, Ellington moves ahead of Patton. Just an opinion, but ellington is going to return punts, play all three WR positions, play out of the backfield, maybe out of TE...he just looks like he could be used anywhere. And he has a nose for the ball. Great hands, good size, great 4th rd pick, who ends up starting.
Originally posted by AUniner:
Looked like he was calling the crowd out more than anything. Make some damn noise!

Can't believe there are people that want him cut in this thread. 2nd yr WR FFS.

Agreed. I thought it was awesome. He heard enough of the boos and grumbling from the fans and he was basically saying. Now we're making plays let's hear it! Really pulling for him to lock down that #3 spot. Nothing against stevie Johnson. I just think Patton can be better and so far chemistry seems to off with stevie and we heard all off season how good Patton has looked.
If anyone acts like a fool its anquan boldin.. That dude acts like a child after every catch. Personally I don't give a damn either way but I guess people need something to complain about

Lutz, wat? So the guy that had the most receiving yards since TO, and gets pumped up when Sherman tries to manhandle him, is the one who acts like a child?

Tell Patton to get chased down by the Ref during the REGULAR season. Because I just remember Boldin handling his business last year, along with a ton of double teams.

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Ultimately, and I think this yr, Ellington moves ahead of Patton. Just an opinion, but ellington is going to return punts, play all three WR positions, play out of the backfield, maybe out of TE...he just looks like he could be used anywhere. And he has a nose for the ball. Great hands, good size, great 4th rd pick, who ends up starting.

I think Patton having a full year in this system gives him an advantage. If he can stay healthy, I can see him challenging for the #3 spot throughout the season. He made some big plays in limited opportunities last season and I hope to see a lot more out of him this year.
Patton is a solid WR. Yall gonna eat crow.
Patton has made some good plays, and some that weren't so good. But does anyone remember, last season, maybe midway or 2/3 the way thru, when Patton went in as either slot or a wideout but playing close in to the TE...the ball was snapped and Patton went to block the LB/CB, who literally picked him up and threw him down to the ground...just like a rag doll. Nothing much was ever said about it as I recall, but it gave me pause. Is he that delicate? Can he stand his ground and take on a CB/LB when needed? Or is he too lightly built for that? He has run good routes, some bad, made good catches, missed some. But is he durable, or strong enough to be effective? I am asking out of ignorance and you would have had to see the play to know what I am talking about. Whatever, it sure gave me pause, and I wondered ever since is the guy strong enough, tough enough , to really be a starting and dependable WR?
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Patton has made some good plays, and some that weren't so good. But does anyone remember, last season, maybe midway or 2/3 the way thru, when Patton went in as either slot or a wideout but playing close in to the TE...the ball was snapped and Patton went to block the LB/CB, who literally picked him up and threw him down to the ground...just like a rag doll. Nothing much was ever said about it as I recall, but it gave me pause. Is he that delicate? Can he stand his ground and take on a CB/LB when needed? Or is he too lightly built for that? He has run good routes, some bad, made good catches, missed some. But is he durable, or strong enough to be effective? I am asking out of ignorance and you would have had to see the play to know what I am talking about. Whatever, it sure gave me pause, and I wondered ever since is the guy strong enough, tough enough , to really be a starting and dependable WR?

He had some nice blocks that helped pave the way for big plays, such as Boldin's big gain in the second Cardinals game last year.

Everyone keeps pointing to a single play where the Seahawks defender ended up getting penalized for straight chucking him to the ground.

That Cardinals game was his coming out party and showed some of his outstanding potential. Not sure if he'll ever get there or not, but I've always said he had #1 WR potential in the NFL, still sticking by that. The guy is tough and has incredible drive and motivation. With him and Ellington, the 49ers have two terrific WR prospects to build the future of the team with.

Patton just needs to stay healthy and get some more opportunities and targets. He's got tremendous YAC ability and I'd love to see him with the ball in his hands more often.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 27, 2014 at 8:23 PM ]
Vance with a great block on pat peterson
Share 49ersWebzone