There are 188 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'm soooo stoked to see him play last year he realy made some clutch catches in the end can't wait to see more
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by trogdor:
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
It is kind of funny that all 3 receivers that worked out with Kap are barely hanging on to a job but then you gotta remember who those 3 were. Ricardo Lockette, Chad Hall, and AJ f**king Jenkins :-(

And Jenkins only did it half-assed, showed up late and left early.

I like Patton's eagerness. He's the kind of player that may not be incredibly gifted but makes up for it in determination, a la Rice.
I agree. He looks legit. He and Ellington might restore my confidence in the 49ers WR scouts.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by LVJay:
No sweat, he's only nursing a hang nail........

His problem is he's buried on the depth chart. He'll have to really bust his a** to get playing time.

Unless he absolutely kills it (and I believe he can), I doubt we'll see Patton get real playing time until 2015. Too many people in front of him with much more experience. His time will come, but I won't be surprised if it doesn't come this year.

I think he has a shot at it. I'm pulling for him. I like Lloyd and anquan, but we need some youth on the WR squad.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
He's having such a good camp I am afraid of him getting hurt.

This......100% agree
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Most excited to see him play. I want so badly for a Niner WR draftee to work out. And a 4th rounder would be even better. Just stay healthy.
I am hoping for big things from Patton this year. Liked him since the pick seems to have the right attitude. I think hell be the number three this year and Could very well if everything works out in the future form a very nice duo with Ellington.
I would be just happy if he's our 4th WR and he's utilized often. (just how GB uses their 4WR sets.)
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I would be just happy if he's our 4th WR and he's utilized often. (just how GB uses their 4WR sets.)

Wassup pdizo. Agree.

If Pattons going to be the number three does that mean somebody has to get hurt or he's beating somebody out?
[ Edited by Muggins on Aug 5, 2014 at 9:02 PM ]
  • -AC-
  • Veteran
I'm thinking he'll be the #4 with about 20 recep's and a couple of TD's this upcoming season...

He'll play well enough throughout to be a #3 but with his nagging injuries, they'll play it safe with him this season...
I am a big Patton fan and I hope he wins the #3 WR job. He is a big reason I didn't want us to draft a WR in the first 2 rounds.. Patton showed he had some play making ability in the few games he had chances.. I hope Roman and Harbaugh decide to utilize him more this season and have some set plays for him.

After Crabtree leaves for a lot of money, hopefully to someone out of the NFC West, Patton will be the replacement. I thought that at the time of the draft and nothing except for a broken foot has dissuaded me from that belief. He definitely has the swagger of a diva starter and the more he hangs out with Kaepernick in the offseason building report the more he will stand out.

It would not surprise me that after this season the starting WRs for the 9ers are:

Patton, Johnson, and Ellington in the slot. Boldin and Crabtree gone and the 9ers drafting a new WR at 32 overall.

My hope is Dorial Green-Beckham, DeVante Parker, or Ty Montgomery is drafted next year.

DGB pot problems might drop him to the 9ers after Gordon and Blackmon ruined their careers. And hopefully seeing those problems and loss of money makes DGB wake the heck up.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Some (me included) have been saying "Patton gonna shine" ... didn't get much chance cause of injuries. Now, it's a stacked roster with quality veterans. We're still waiting for him to shine (I'm sure he will), but if only Roman

An OC like Mike Martz / Shanny the Rat would be drooling with this many good WRs on deck (and would use them all).
Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Wassup pdizo. Agree.

If Pattons going to be the number three does that mean somebody has to get hurt or he's beating somebody out?

sup mugz.

I'm going to assume that if Patton does become our 3rd WR, then he would presumably beat out Johnson. I think boldin and crabs got the first two slots locked in.
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
After Crabtree leaves for a lot of money, hopefully to someone out of the NFC West, Patton will be the replacement. I thought that at the time of the draft and nothing except for a broken foot has dissuaded me from that belief. He definitely has the swagger of a diva starter and the more he hangs out with Kaepernick in the offseason building report the more he will stand out.

It would not surprise me that after this season the starting WRs for the 9ers are:

Patton, Johnson, and Ellington in the slot. Boldin and Crabtree gone and the 9ers drafting a new WR at 32 overall.

My hope is Dorial Green-Beckham, DeVante Parker, or Ty Montgomery is drafted next year.

DGB pot problems might drop him to the 9ers after Gordon and Blackmon ruined their careers. And hopefully seeing those problems and loss of money makes DGB wake the heck up.

So Patton goes to NO#1? I don't see that happening, we have to try and sign crabs and I hope we get something done. Patton has had a good camp, but to go from #4 to #1 is just silly.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Hangman_52:

So Patton goes to NO#1? I don't see that happening, we have to try and sign crabs and I hope we get something done. Patton has had a good camp, but to go from #4 to #1 is just silly.

It is crazy optomisitic for sure....but stranger things have happened. With the injury last year we really dont know what we have with Patton and usually statistically speaking/ fantasy speaking the third year is the breakout one.
Share 49ersWebzone