LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Newsome's lyin'! Are their top two WRs really Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones (I'm trying to recall without cheating)? Hard to believe they didn't want to address WR before the 7th round. You think it's an accident we took Patton before Lattimore?

IdahoNiner may have a point. Mellette was a Zone favorite around here as a height/weight/speed guy from a tiny school. Could become a nice player.

Speed guy? Mellette is very similar to Patton, slightly slower, bigger in size but not as good with YAC though. Has the same issues with lacking deep downfield speed.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Newsome's lyin'! Are their top two WRs really Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones (I'm trying to recall without cheating)? Hard to believe they didn't want to address WR before the 7th round. You think it's an accident we took Patton before Lattimore?

IdahoNiner may have a point. Mellette was a Zone favorite around here as a height/weight/speed guy from a tiny school. Could become a nice player.

Speed guy? Mellette is very similar to Patton, slightly slower, bigger in size but not as good with YAC though. Has the same issues with lacking deep downfield speed.

Mellette doesnt have really deep downfeild speed, correct, but he is More Physical than Patton IMO. Although patton is a much more refined route runner. I have said it numerous times, But if Mellette end up making it in the NFL he could be a TO clone. He certainly has enough speed, just like Patton, but not track speed.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Kind of sad that some of us are more excited about our 4th round receiver than our 1st last year

I'm still excited about Jenkins, if you saw the kind of player he was at Illinois, that talent just doesn't vanish, I'm chalking up last year to him not being utilized early on and not having prepared himself properly to step in late. If he can step up and perform this year the way he's capable of, people will give him a pass on his rookie season. Ultimately he can become this team's very badly needed deep threat. The talent is there, the desire portion, that's up to AJ Jenkins.

Remember Crabtree his rookie year? How many passes did he slap into the air to get picked off? There is an adjustment period in the NFL for WR's
Lol

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2013/05/01/harbaugh-already-has-a-favorite-rookie/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllForTheNiners:
Lol

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2013/05/01/harbaugh-already-has-a-favorite-rookie/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

LOL Nice
Originally posted by jimrat:
Lol

LOL Nice

That'll make him a fan favorite around here really quickly.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Lol

LOL Nice

I want a hug from Harbaugh!
He has a big personality.
Originally posted by olapac:
That'll make him a fan favorite around here really quickly.

I'm telling you, this is isn't AJ Jenkins who's highly talented but kind of blah and milquetoast. Patton's fired up all the time, at La Tech he was the guy that was first in the building and the last to leave regularly. Anyone who thinks he's going to come in with a big head hasn't been paying attention to him. If anything, being drafted late in the 4th put a big-ass chip on his shoulder.

If Jerry Rice invites Patton to go run hills with him, Patton would very damn well take him up on it.

""The fact that he would buy his own ticket, fly out here, just speaks volumes about him," Harbaugh said of Patton, a Louisiana Tech product. "To be honest with you, he reminds me of me. That's something I would have done. I love it."

I may be proven wrong but I've been saying for a long time that Patton is a beast of an entirely different nature, I have believed and fully still believe that he's got true #1 WR potential in the NFL, not because of amazing physical traits like a Cordarelle Patterson, but because he'll simply refuse to let anyone else outwork him and will maximize every last drop of talent and ability he has.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 1, 2013 at 6:44 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
"I feel like (Quinton Patton) from Louisiana Tech is the best receiver I've played against since I've been here. I've gone against some good ones in the SEC, too, but he's probably the most complete."

~ Mississippi State CB Jonathan Banks,ESPN.com, Oct. 28, 2011

Maybe this one will train with Jerry Rice.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on May 1, 2013 at 6:56 PM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

wouldn't be surprised if both guys do it this year

We'll Patton, you made a fan out of me

GO NINERS!! (Damn it's a long time til September, hell, I'll be married by then )
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

wouldn't be surprised if both guys do it this year

We'll Patton, you made a fan out of me

GO NINERS!! (Damn it's a long time til September, hell, I'll be married by then )

Nice completely opposite of Aj Jenkins I like his attitude so far.
Been saying for a while now he was one of my favorite prospects of any position in the entire draft. That makes me like him even more. That's so awesome. Guy isn't signed yet, he's not worrying about buying cars and houses and books a flight to start training a few days after being drafted with his own money. Freakin awesome. I think he has the "it" factor and I'm not basing that on just this event. It's based on everything I have seen, heard and read about him as well as listening to him.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on May 1, 2013 at 8:08 PM ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Hoping for good tgings. Our ability to draft wrs has been a tad lackluster. Sounds like he def has the work ethic needed.
Share 49ersWebzone