LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
It seems like he's had a big catch in each of the playoff games so far.
Originally posted by theduke85:
My only concern with Patton is he seems like he gets tossed around like a rag doll at times. Like the play where he drew a personal foul... he was whipped around like that a handful of times in Seattle in week 2.

Anyway, I do love the guy and I have high hopes for him.

but he is not afraid to mix it up.
that is the most important thing.
kyle williams and them were SCARED of that kind of physical play. patton enjoys it he's in line with boldin and crabtree in that regard and that's what it takes.
Yeah, patton's not a huge dude. but if they throw him on the ground there's a good chance a flag is coming out, and that's just as good as him catching a 15 yd pass
This guy is a baller! Seen it since preseason and it was painful when he went down. Could have used him in there instead KW.. Seems to also make clutch catches (AZ game to get us in FG range for the game winner, 3rd down against CAR on the 1st drive to extend it) and makes the most out of his few offensive touches. Hoping he comes up big again this Sunday and he might just be the x-factor in a few key plays during the game with the focus Crabs, Q, and VD will be getting all day long.
[ Edited by PDX_Faithful84 on Jan 13, 2014 at 11:54 PM ]
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
My only concern with Patton is he seems like he gets tossed around like a rag doll at times. Like the play where he drew a personal foul... he was whipped around like that a handful of times in Seattle in week 2.

kyle williams and them were SCARED of that kind of physical play. patton enjoys it he's in line with boldin and crabtree in that regard and that's what it takes.

Agreed. I think Eric Davis said it best (although he was referring to tackling, it still makes sense): You can teach [blocking] techniques and develop physical strength -- but the "want to" is a whole different story.

While it's a small sample size, everything about Quinton Patton tells me he "wants to"
Originally posted by xtm059:
Yeah, patton's not a huge dude. but if they throw him on the ground there's a good chance a flag is coming out, and that's just as good as him catching a 15 yd pass

that corner took a swing at him though,
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Loved the kid when jumped on a plane the day after he got drafted

Same here, can't buy or coach that kind of enthusiasm.
Like him alot. I cant imagine with crabtree and boldin on the field with him he is not open.
He's becoming our X factor
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

Agreed. I think Eric Davis said it best (although he was referring to tackling, it still makes sense): You can teach [blocking] techniques and develop physical strength -- but the "want to" is a whole different story.

While it's a small sample size, everything about Quinton Patton tells me he "wants to"

Unlike Jon Baldwin

That play where he got tossed was after run blocking for a decent amount of time if i remember correctly. Its not like he was getting raped trying to get off the line of scrimmage ala AJ Jenkins.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Loved the kid when jumped on a plane the day after he got drafted

Absolutely! That really showed a lot about the kid. He has the desire, and he has shown he has the ability and toughness with the limited opportunities he has received.
Also, he is the one player on offense with very limited film on him. That could prove to be a big advantage against the Seahawks.
I'm hoping so.
If the hawks come out in man we should run the coverage off and hit Patton on crossing routes.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I think Patton's a bit of a dark horse in all this. The Seattle secondary is going to be keyed up to stop our Big 3...which may open up some windows for Patton.

The danger of running him on crossers is that he might get killed by their safeties.
Originally posted by kray28:
I think Patton's a bit of a dark horse in all this. The Seattle secondary is going to be keyed up to stop our Big 3...which may open up some windows for Patton.

The danger of running him on crossers is that he might get killed by their safeties.

If we have sent Crabs, VD, and Q deep, there should be only one safety to beat, depending on coverage. If both safeties come up, someone should be open deep.
Share 49ersWebzone