He's 6'2 with cleats

He's 6'4" in platform shoes.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
He's 6'2 with cleats

8'2" on stilts.
Originally posted by Sims84:
separation where? He had zero separation on the 3rd down play that went through his hands and zero separation on the deep play at the end of the game. He just flat out went up and made a superstar play. This is not a knock on Patton either as I think this kid will be a beast but if you think he was the only one getting separation out there, I'm not sure what game you were watching...

He was getting open quite a bit in that game. Its one of his strengths, he's not the fastest guy but he changes direction so smoothly with minimal wasted motion that its hard for defensive backs to keep up. He's not a guy who will beat you downfield necessarily but a nightmare to defend on crossing routes. He's not track fast but he's football fast with very good agility and lateral movement.
Originally posted by thl408:
I knew nothing about him from college so this is all new to me. That sort of attitude is just inborn. No offseason training develops it. That catch and the blocking downfield to spring Boldin is just a 'do it for the team' attitude. On the Boldin big catch and run, QP was wide open across the middle, but Kap was looking to Boldin. QP came across the field to spring the block. Just a great hustle play.

Still a small sample size to me, but the flash of potential is exciting. I asked earlier in this thread what the knock on him coming out of the draft was and the main response was his size and small school. Always tough to gauge players from smaller programs, but size can be made up for with that attitude you described.

He had that same attitude and fire in college, it's the one thing that Jenkins really seemed to be lacking. Guys like Boldin, Crabtree, Patton, they relish the challenge, have confidence bordering on being cocky, knowing that everytime the ball goes up in the air, it is theirs and nobody else's. That confidence alone isn't enough by itself but when you can run routes as well as Patton does and have crazy-glue hands, it certainly makes for quite a receiver. I said over a year ago that I felt Patton had true #1 WR potential in the NFL. Nothing has changed in regards to how I feel. The potential is there, will he be able to rise to that level, I don't know but this guy is a gamer with a truckload of talent. Crabtree and Boldin are the perfect guys for him to be around and learn from.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
He'll take over Crabs spot when Crab ask for more money than the 49ers are willing to pay for him. Crab is starting to show signs of frustration because he's not the first and only option anymore.

i like the kid but that is a pretty bold thing to say for such a small body of work. you have no proof of your statement in regards to crabs other than a few pictures the media chooses to show which skews things. show me one very very good wide out in this league that is not upset when they want the ball. crabs is not a problem child
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
He'll take over Crabs spot when Crab ask for more money than the 49ers are willing to pay for him. Crab is starting to show signs of frustration because he's not the first and only option anymore.

i like the kid but that is a pretty bold thing to say for such a small body of work. you have no proof of your statement in regards to crabs other than a few pictures the media chooses to show which skews things. show me one very very good wide out in this league that is not upset when they want the ball. crabs is not a problem child

No, he isn't. But, he may still want more money than the front office is willing to pay.
We have a lot of players coming up for their pay day. Unfortunately, some will have to get theirs somewhere else.
Simply can't afford everybody.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
No, he isn't. But, he may still want more money than the front office is willing to pay.
We have a lot of players coming up for their pay day. Unfortunately, some will have to get theirs somewhere else.
due the injury i would like to think we are in a good position to sign crabs cheaper. due to aldons issues i would like to think we are in a good spot to sign him cheap. however if those two demand a huge obscene amount of money then i agree with what the team always does. you put a value on the player and you do not over pay.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
due the injury i would like to think we are in a good position to sign crabs cheaper. due to aldons issues i would like to think we are in a good spot to sign him cheap. however if those two demand a huge obscene amount of money then i agree with what the team always does. you put a value on the player and you do not over pay.

I may be jaded by his past negotiations, but Crabtree did not seem smart or reasonable with his rookie contract. I don't expect he has learned much about negotiations since then but we should hope?! I can see Jerry Jones or another dim wit coming into the picture with buckets of money. Sad, but with his injury history Baalke should not break the bank to keep him. Love Patton's attitude and tenacity much more than Crabtree's reticence.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I may be jaded by his past negotiations, but Crabtree did not seem smart or reasonable with his rookie contract. I don't expect he has learned much about negotiations since then but we should hope?! I can see Jerry Jones or another dim wit coming into the picture with buckets of money. Sad, but with his injury history Baalke should not break the bank to keep him. Love Patton's attitude and tenacity much more than Crabtree's reticence.

agree,, the injury and being in the nfl for five years should have humbled or smartened up him a bit. we will never get into a bidding war for a player nor should we. you are right some owners like dallas just throw money at a problem and hope it goes away. i have said crabs is not a problem child but you could see some drama with he and bryant together
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Sims84:
separation where? He had zero separation on the 3rd down play that went through his hands and zero separation on the deep play at the end of the game. He just flat out went up and made a superstar play. This is not a knock on Patton either as I think this kid will be a beast but if you think he was the only one getting separation out there, I'm not sure what game you were watching...

He was getting open quite a bit in that game. Its one of his strengths, he's not the fastest guy but he changes direction so smoothly with minimal wasted motion that its hard for defensive backs to keep up. He's not a guy who will beat you downfield necessarily but a nightmare to defend on crossing routes. He's not track fast but he's football fast with very good agility and lateral movement.

Alla Wes Welker..

Originally posted by dtg_9er:

agree,, the injury and being in the nfl for five years should have humbled or smartened up him a bit. we will never get into a bidding war for a player nor should we. you are right some owners like dallas just throw money at a problem and hope it goes away. i have said crabs is not a problem child but you could see some drama with he and bryant together

could we sign him and then trade?
Originally posted by darkknight49:
He's 6'2 with cleats

8'2" on stilts.

Small ass stilts
Originally posted by five1oh:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
He's 6'2 with cleats

8'2" on stilts.

Small ass stilts

Originally posted by tondiman:
Alla Wes Welker..

But grown man sized.
Originally posted by xtm059:
this kid is everything kyle williams should have been

Kyle was always playing scared and you could tell. QP wants the ball and is fearless.
Share 49ersWebzone