There are 229 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Already the best player to wear # 11 for the 49ers

lol, Don't you dare open that can of worms

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Patton is definitely 6'2

Check out this combine pic with Terrance Williams the 3rd Round pick of Dallas, who is 6'2

Baalke went for long arms pretty much with all of the draftees
Is this prophetic or what:

Good size for the position, has the height and length to play outside at the next level. Very good acceleration off the line, gets to full speed in a couple of steps and can shimmy to free himself and stick his foot in the ground to get inside position on slants. Uses a head fake to get the seam and possesses enough straight-line speed to take advantage of hesitating cornerbacks in off coverage. Fluid, economic mover who does plays under control. Stems to separate with good foot quickness on comebacks and out routes, also extends his arm to create space on short and deep routes. Natural hands catcher - catches the ball with his hands away from his body, even when tracking passes over either shoulder. Wins jump balls in the end zone and over the middle with good vertical and great concentration. Acrobatic and excellent at adjusting to the ball in the air, especially to the back-shoulder on fades. Good sideline awareness to get two feet in-bounds while making the catch. Used on quick throws to take advantage of his shiftiness and surprisingly tough running, lowers his shoulder and is not easy for smaller cornerbacks to drag down after the catch. Sells routes where he knows he's not the primary target to free up the underneath or cross-field receiver. Shows fight as a run blocker, willing to hit multiple punches to keep his man at bay and works himself into the correct blocking angle. Hustles downfield to help out fellow ballcarriers. Plays with a feisty attitude.
this kid is everything kyle williams should have been
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Is this prophetic or what:

Good size for the position, has the height and length to play outside at the next level. Very good acceleration off the line, gets to full speed in a couple of steps and can shimmy to free himself and stick his foot in the ground to get inside position on slants. Uses a head fake to get the seam and possesses enough straight-line speed to take advantage of hesitating cornerbacks in off coverage. Fluid, economic mover who does plays under control. Stems to separate with good foot quickness on comebacks and out routes, also extends his arm to create space on short and deep routes. Natural hands catcher - catches the ball with his hands away from his body, even when tracking passes over either shoulder. Wins jump balls in the end zone and over the middle with good vertical and great concentration. Acrobatic and excellent at adjusting to the ball in the air, especially to the back-shoulder on fades. Good sideline awareness to get two feet in-bounds while making the catch. Used on quick throws to take advantage of his shiftiness and surprisingly tough running, lowers his shoulder and is not easy for smaller cornerbacks to drag down after the catch. Sells routes where he knows he's not the primary target to free up the underneath or cross-field receiver. Shows fight as a run blocker, willing to hit multiple punches to keep his man at bay and works himself into the correct blocking angle. Hustles downfield to help out fellow ballcarriers. Plays with a feisty attitude.

Dead on so far!
  • thl408
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
thl408 he said he looked up after 10 yards and saw the ball was coming to him and thought to himself...he has to go get it.

that is what we need.. not... i hope its perfect... i hope that i catch it... if it don't hit me in the hands kap needs to throw a better pass.

the ball is in the air.. it is mine.

crab
boldin
patton
possess this trait.

I knew nothing about him from college so this is all new to me. That sort of attitude is just inborn. No offseason training develops it. That catch and the blocking downfield to spring Boldin is just a 'do it for the team' attitude. On the Boldin big catch and run, QP was wide open across the middle, but Kap was looking to Boldin. QP came across the field to spring the block. Just a great hustle play.

Still a small sample size to me, but the flash of potential is exciting. I asked earlier in this thread what the knock on him coming out of the draft was and the main response was his size and small school. Always tough to gauge players from smaller programs, but size can be made up for with that attitude you described.
Originally posted by thl408:
I knew nothing about him from college so this is all new to me. That sort of attitude is just inborn. No offseason training develops it. That catch and the blocking downfield to spring Boldin is just a 'do it for the team' attitude. On the Boldin big catch and run, QP was wide open across the middle, but Kap was looking to Boldin. QP came across the field to spring the block. Just a great hustle play.

Still a small sample size to me, but the flash of potential is exciting. I asked earlier in this thread what the knock on him coming out of the draft was and the main response was his size and small school. Always tough to gauge players from smaller programs, but size can be made up for with that attitude you described.

he isn't even small honestly. he's just not huge and he's still in his young adult body.
but you can't teach being a gamer. i knew nothing coming out but saw his tape and have been hoping he would be in the lineup ever since. and then in the 2 games he did play he scored the 2td's... 1 with a connection with kap like how he has with vd boldin and crab.. that was enough for me.

shifty runner, look at that gain.. he isn't the fastest guy in the world but in space he can get yards. in college he was getting hit and dragged and pulled and it didn't phase him. we need someone who isn't afraid of contact.. and he is it. the players that are happy to be a part of the team are the best.

boldin just wants the ball
crab just wants the ball
now patton.. that's what you want. you want them to say I want the challenge i want to contribute i want it.

so encouraging. and in simple 2 wide sets he's going to be DEADLY you absolutely have to guard crab boldin and davis.. so the less talented guy is going to be on patton.
He plays like Crab light..
Originally posted by FL9er:
I think he's going to be a factor in the playoffs, depending on the snaps he gets. He seems to be the only WR with separation.

separation where? He had zero separation on the 3rd down play that went through his hands and zero separation on the deep play at the end of the game. He just flat out went up and made a superstar play. This is not a knock on Patton either as I think this kid will be a beast but if you think he was the only one getting separation out there, I'm not sure what game you were watching...

Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Loved the way he stood up for Kap when Dockett pulled that BS.

this. Big play ability aside, you can tell this kid plays with emotion and I love that about him. He has a lot of confidence and I think the coaching staff will begin to call his number more and more.
Patton can be killer in a screen play.
He'll take over Crabs spot when Crab ask for more money than the 49ers are willing to pay for him. Crab is starting to show signs of frustration because he's not the first and only option anymore.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
He'll take over Crabs spot when Crab ask for more money than the 49ers are willing to pay for him. Crab is starting to show signs of frustration because he's not the first and only option anymore.

Lo wut?l do you watch the games?
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

Lo wut?l do you watch the games?

I do watch the games and it's clearly Boldin is Kaps 1st option and Crab is his 2nd option with Wide Receivers. Did you see one of the plays where Crabs man fell down and left him wide open for what could've been a big gain right in front of Kaps face and yet he decides to throw the ball to Boldin who was getting double coverage? Yeah, that shows Boldin is Kaps first option, not Crab, and that's not the only play where Crabs was wide open and Kap throws to Boldin. As of right now, I'll say Kap is more comfortable with Boldin than Crabtree. So yeah, you might want to watch the game and understand it before you ask somebody else if they watch the games.

All I was trying to say was, IF......big I..F.. Crab ask for more money than what the Niners are willing to pay him, they will let him walk and Patton will REPLACE him. I did not say Patton is better than Crabtree, everybody and their mama knows who's better. The Niners can't pay everybody, and they usually put a value on each player and won't over pay for anybody. Thats what happens when you have a very talented team.
[ Edited by 808niner4lyphe on Dec 31, 2013 at 7:17 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone