LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I remember when KW had a couple nice games.

Williams never once showed the sort of hands, route-running or blocking skills that Patton has. Dude was lucky to stick around as long as he did.
bull, I watched KW lay out LB's and DL's more than a few times. I even gif'd a few of them but deleted them as soon as he was released.

If I remember correctly it was a ferocious crack back block by KW's that sprang Alex for his famous TD run against the Saints in the 2011 playoffs.

QP's hands already look better though, that catch to set up Dawsons game winner was a thing of beauty and hopefully a sign of things to come.
Originally posted by KegBert:

Williams never once showed the sort of hands, route-running or blocking skills that Patton has. Dude was lucky to stick around as long as he did.
bull, I watched KW lay out LB's and DL's more than a few times. I even gif'd a few of them but deleted them as soon as he was released.

If I remember correctly it was a ferocious crack back block by KW's that sprang Alex for his famous TD run against the Saints in the 2011 playoffs.

QP's hands already look better though, that catch to set up Dawsons game winner was a thing of beauty and hopefully a sign of things to come.

Agreed...gottta give credit where credit is due.

That said, what is our deal with lining up the smallest WR's out wide? Why can't we run the defense to death from the slot?
Here is the Packers film study of Patton

Seven Eleven is the X Factor!
A good thing about not giving away the game to the Cardinals so we intentionally slip to the sixth seed, was Patton's rebirth into the scene. He showed some flashes in preseason, but injury kept him away many times in the regular season. Now he's back in action, proving to the team that he can make a contribution, he did so this past game with the Cardinals. HUGE catch, to set up the winning FG. THE General, Patton will make his presence felt in the Postseason.
Reverse screen was a pretty exciting play to watch, almost took it to the house. We ran wr screens to boldin (worked well) Crabs (worked) Should of ran one with patton too This guy needs more Touches.

And why does crabs always stumble on his screen plays???
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by KegBert:

Agreed...gottta give credit where credit is due.

That said, what is our deal with lining up the smallest WR's out wide? Why can't we run the defense to death from the slot?

Patton is 6'2 ..tall as Crabtree, if you were referring Patton as the short receiver
He was our leading rusher with one carry ! Oh wait
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Patton is 6'2 ..tall as Crabtree, if you were referring Patton as the short receiver

Um...no he's 6ft and crabs is barely 6'1
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Um...no he's 6ft and crabs is barely 6'1

I was talking more about girth...typically you want your beefier guys out wide b/c we've played so much physical, press and throw so many AR2 plays out there and in bunch formations. Give guys like Williams, Patton, Hall, Manningham, etc. clean releases from the slot and use their quickness and speed to destroy a defense.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 30, 2013 at 1:30 PM ]

Boldin, Davis, Crabtree and now add Patton into the mix of receiving threats.

I like where this team is going. The Packers will be no match for us again. Their defense still blows.
This dude is dangerous out in space. I hope the coaches recognize that
I was talking more about girth...typically you want your beefier guys out wide b/c we've played so much physical, press and throw so many AR2 plays out there and in bunch formations. Give guys like Williams, Patton, Hall, Manningham, etc. clean releases from the slot and use their quickness and speed to destroy a defense.

I agree with you, I was responding to dude who said Patton is 6'2 lol
Originally posted by 49ers808:

I agree with you, I was responding to dude who said Patton is 6'2 lol

That's what I got from that LATECH video above
Did anyone else notice his running style is kinda funky?
Share 49ersWebzone