LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
where's the GIF?
Patton looking good
He needs to get a touchdown soon so we can see that dance again!
Originally posted by WINiner:
Patton stepped out of bounds prior to that last catch. I saw it clearly on the replay. We are lucky the ref missed it

I just watched that play on NFL Rewind, it's not even entirely clear that he stepped out of bounds. There's a possibility of his right foot having touched out of bounds briefly before he made the catch, but nothing I can see that is conclusive.

In anycase, when he did make the catch, everything was in bounds and it was a hell of a catch, even more impressed watching it on the replay, perfect focus and control going down with the ball, had he not caught that, we'd likely have been looking at OT.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 29, 2013 at 9:20 PM ]
Kaepernick knew before the snap that his 32nd and final pass Sunday was heading to Patton, even though Patton failed to snag a third-down pass on the previous series that led to a 56-yard field goal.Kaepernick and wideout Anquan Boldin approached Patton on the sideline after that penultimate drive, telling him to settle down and that he would get targeted next series.

So why did Kaepernick trust Patton again?"It was press coverage over there, we had a double move on, I liked the matchup and there was no safety on that side of the field,"

Kaepernick said."I thought I'd give him a chance. He's shown that he can go up and make those plays in practice, so he came up with it and it was huge for us."

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_24814138/san-francisco-49ers-quinton-patton-an-unlikely-hero
Give Patton props. That was a hell of a play. Hope he carries that ability into the post season.
That was a great catch. This kid is gonna be something special.
His play can be similar to Josh Gordon.
Nice catch. Made up for the drop in third down. Kap put that beautifully in there and should have been caught.
Peeps need to stop with the "he stepped out of bounds" crap.

"I saw it". No you didn't. There was no camera angle that showed him stepping out of bounds...IE, you CAN'T have seen him step out. The ref didn't see it and so far I hear no outcry from the Cards that he stepped out.

Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
You know Jenkins had a pretty big day today for the chiefs? Almost 100 yes!!!

Patton is still better

Your math sucks, 67 yards is a huge day for AJ Jenkins or Patton, but rounding up to 100 is a SLIGHT exaggeration.

Patton made a great play on the ball, never stepped out of bounds, and hopefully supplied Kaep the confidence to have a 3rd WR heading into the playoffs.
I really think Patton either making plays or not will be the X factor for the 9ers success this post season.

With just Boldin our offense was bottled up and played at sub playoff team level.

With Crabtree back, giving us 3 legitimate targets (Crab, Boldin, Davis), the offense rose up to playoff team level.

But now every opponent will be playing playoff level football. For the 9ers to win it all I think they need to take one more step forward with the offense. And having a dynamic 4th receiving option is the key to that step.

Hopefully Patton will be that 4th option, make some big plays, and help lift the 9ers to a superbowl level offense.
Patton getting targeted by Kap today was a way of Kap repaying him for getting his back on that dirty play by Dockett.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Kid's a keeper.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
where's the GIF?

Share 49ersWebzone