LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GEEK:
I think he just replaced Mario Manningham in 2014.

Mario was done in SF anyway.
Give him an offseason to get more comfortable and bulk up a little and he will be a dangerous weapon.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Give him an offseason to get more comfortable and bulk up a little and he will be a dangerous weapon.

he already is. he was so fluid when he was running with the ball we just need to design more plays to him

i see this offense really clicking from here on out with those 4 threats on the field? there isn't a defense that can cover them. zone coverage they find spots.. press coverage they love contact
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

he already is. he was so fluid when he was running with the ball we just need to design more plays to him

i see this offense really clicking from here on out with those 4 threats on the field? there isn't a defense that can cover them. zone coverage they find spots.. press coverage they love contact

I know he is but he is still a raw prospect that its scary that he is already a legitimate threat.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
He's already better than AJ Jenkins 49er career in one game.

You know Jenkins had a pretty big day today for the chiefs? Almost 100 yes!!!

Patton is still better
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Patton stepped out of bounds prior to that last catch. I saw it clearly on the replay. We are lucky the ref missed it

I was pretty sure I saw the same thing...I was surprised replay booth didn't initiate review for the catch itself, and then in the course of that they surely would've seen him step out, which I guess they could then flag him for illegal touching.

they can't use the review for penalties

I said review for the catch itself to ensure he had possession, feet were in, etc. However, during the course of that they could have seen him touch out prior to the catch, if he indeed did actually step out. And there are replays where penalties can be called, e.g. illegal forward pass, too many players on the field, etc.
I love this guy
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

Patton is still better

Almost a hundred yards? It was 67 and he got 48 of them on one play and fell over after the catch.

and I'm not an AJ hater. He was targeted 7 times and only caught 3 of them.
It wouldn't have mattered. My man Phil would have kicked a 70 yarder for the win.
Originally posted by sfout:

Patton is still better

Almost a hundred yards? It was 67 and he got 48 of them on one play and fell over after the catch.

and I'm not an AJ hater. He was targeted 7 times and only caught 3 of them.

Still not bad though. Maybe that will give him enough confidence to set of his career??? Not rooting against the guy so good for him to at least make an impact in a game.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Still not bad though. Maybe that will give him enough confidence to set of his career??? Not rooting against the guy so good for him to at least make an impact in a game.

I'd hope so but I was watching the KC game on a second TV and he still showed a lot of mistakes that a second year player should've done better at.

Patton is still better

Patton showed up in rookie year (big deal right there )..Jenkins showed up because theres no other choice since starters sat down.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:

Patton is still better

Patton showed up in rookie year (big deal right there )..Jenkins showed up because theres no other choice since starters sat down.

Chargers defense blows... Cardinals defense is real good.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
on that long pass to boldin, Patton had a nice block on a LB down the field. Almost laid him out.
Originally posted by azninersfan:
Pretty sure if you run out of bounds you cannot be the first person to touch the ball. So if he was out of bounds before the ball was thrown, it is not a penalty.

I didn't see him go out of bounds live or on any of the replays so going to be tough for me to say if it should have been a penalty or not.
only then?
Share 49ersWebzone