LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
We need the coaches film for this. That analysis. All of our theories w/o it are pretty much useless now.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Patton is a good prospect who CAN get open. The problem is Kaepernick is a ONE READ QB and I don't care what anyone says, he is what he is, a ONE READ QB. Also a huge problem that I found out this season about Kap, is his delivery release is so slow. He has a rocket arm but the release is long. Patton is and should be a good pro. Its just gonna take time until Kap develops read 2 and read 3. Truth is the truth.

Dude, just stop. You consistently spout the most ignorant nonsense.
Patton can get open. That is all. I watched him in the ATL game and he is confident on the field. Hes a smart young rookie who has a good feel for the flow of the game. He looked to me like he was able to get off coverage when the play broke down and can be the next guy for keep to find if Crabs or Boldin isn't the guy.

Patton has a good first step in his routes and has ability to fool the DB with his route running. All this I have seen from him this year.

The one BIG ? is how well can he snatch a ball in tight coverage, or get up high to catch a tough ball and those sort of things. We don't know yet so we cant speculate. But QP is working hard at getting that speed of the play down and he adjusts very well to broken plays on offense.
Opportunity knocking - time to step up!
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Patton is a good prospect who CAN get open. The problem is Kaepernick is a ONE READ QB and I don't care what anyone says, he is what he is, a ONE READ QB. Also a huge problem that I found out this season about Kap, is his delivery release is so slow. He has a rocket arm but the release is long. Patton is and should be a good pro. Its just gonna take time until Kap develops read 2 and read 3. Truth is the truth.

The problem is the game planning if anything and getting him involved in college Patton was great off WR screens and with our Big WRS and TEs we need to implement that to getting him involved.
time to step up!!!
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:

The problem is the game planning if anything and getting him involved in college Patton was great off WR screens and with our Big WRS and TEs we need to implement that to getting him involved.

This. Roman won't call a play for him, even though he took a screen pass 72 yards for a td in pre-season...I know, it's pre-season but still it's all we have to judge him on.
Originally posted by socal9er42:

Let's go QP
I don't think Kaep even looked his way against the Falcons.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Patton, go!

let's get dangerous!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
time to step up!!!

Originally posted by KegBert:

Let's go QP

I like the optimism but you guys are forgetting that since Crabtree came back,the #3 and #4 in our offense, a combination of Rio, Osgood, Patton has received a grand total of FOUR (4) targets.

Our #2 and 3 TEs, a combination of McDonald, Celek, and Carrier have received a 1 credited target according to ESPN.

I think ESPN is a little off in both cases as penalties on plays have wiped out a few if I recall but to expect Colin to gain enough trust with Patton, Baldwin or anybody we bring in by the time the playoffs roll around or for Roman to actually call plays for them is just not going to happen.
now he is the #3 and now we will see him get loose starting this week against az
Step it up son. We are going to need you for the quest for 6.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
time to step up!!!

Originally posted by KegBert:

Let's go QP

I like the optimism but you guys are forgetting that since Crabtree came back,the #3 and #4 in our offense, a combination of Rio, Osgood, Patton has received a grand total of FOUR (4) targets.

Our #2 and 3 TEs, a combination of McDonald, Celek, and Carrier have received a 1 credited target according to ESPN.

I think ESPN is a little off in both cases as penalties on plays have wiped out a few if I recall but to expect Colin to gain enough trust with Patton, Baldwin or anybody we bring in by the time the playoffs roll around or for Roman to actually call plays for them is just not going to happen.

I don't expect anything, doesn't mean I won't hope for the best.
Share 49ersWebzone