LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

this is why we can't wait

Would be really happy to see him out there this week.

crab + boldin + patton + vd
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

+macdonald+gore+hunter+james

=

=

championship?
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
championship?

16 wins. that's where everybody here should be focusing
I really like Patton and think he is an upgrade to anyone other than Crabtree or Boldin. The only knock on him is lack of experience and strength...but I love his quickness and ability to catch smoothly! I so hope this guy can make the passing game capable of a three WR set. That along with VD and the RBs would really be lethal in the playoffs.
Damn they better activate him monday but I doubt it, as long as Crabtree, boldin and manningham are good he won't see the field. Our coaches are too stubborn to realize manningham is giving nothing to sit him over Patton and that really burns me up with this staff. I think we're the only team that'll let a player continue playing knowing he's not doing nothing (Kyle Williams) and not give another guy a chance unless the guy in front of him is injured
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Damn they better activate him monday but I doubt it, as long as Crabtree, boldin and manningham are good he won't see the field. Our coaches are too stubborn to realize manningham is giving nothing to sit him over Patton and that really burns me up with this staff. I think we're the only team that'll let a player continue playing knowing he's not doing nothing (Kyle Williams) and not give another guy a chance unless the guy in front of him is injured

It's frustrating. And the thing is, Manningham is far from being "good" right now - he looks hurt and clearly not close to being 100% yet. I really don't see how Patton can be any worse at this point than Manningham whose been hobbling around the field looking injured making little to no impact. Ideally, I'd like them to rest Ham, let him build up his strength and health for the playoffs and give Patton a chance during the last two games - as a rookie, playing time and experience is everything, he'll never develop sitting on the bench. Let him build up his confidence and gain some chemistry with Kap. But knowing how things work around here, Patton will likely never see the field this year unless someone gets hurt.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

the one HUGE knock i have with both sides of the ball

we have assembled talent.. use all of it all the time..

don't be FORCED to use people.

hunter and james got into the game because we had 3 active wr's

why not just use them all the time?

why not put patton in and sit someone we don't ever use..

defense is set special teams is set put him in and let the kid get loose.. i hate the "saving him" type feel we have for majority of our players.. just hoarding talent
Originally posted by AmpLee:
QP gonna get a TD tonight!

Hope so!
Is he active?

Finally active tonight! Ball out kid! It's a special occasion.
Wonder if we are just letting Mario rest up more, or if he just isn't coming back right from that injury so far. I hope Patton can take the role Mario had in this offense last year. Need to line him up in formations where he can't get re routed. Sea absolutely Molested him last time, but he still managed to get wide open on some broken plays but Kap wasn't having that field vision then up there.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

=

championship?

No.

Anthony Dixon running the ball 40 times.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
QP gonna get a TD tonight!
wrong...TWO td, at least :p
maybe he can be the other homerun hitter we need
Share 49ersWebzone