There are 242 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
seriously, i still dont get why roman never uses james on offense. they drafted him to be a weapon. mcdonald should be farther along in his development and patton should be playing now

james no excuse

macdonald just blocks he can catch if they give him lots of chances but they prefer to be cute and use miller instead of the rumbler and he's big enough to do damage in the red zone

hunter is healthy rarely used

just go on and on and on and on

there was no excuse to not use them for the first 8 games of the season BEFORE crab and manninham came back
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
on defense we are super deep but theres no reason not to use patton. hes only gonna be the 3rd WR/extra blocker on any given play. get his feet wet and get his confidence up after an injury slowed his development. theyre gonna need him

yea we need to use the depth though. not have it on reserve..

on offense there's no excuse. we don't use a whole lot of weapons. that we should

the offense should be dominating as much as the defense is

seriously, i still dont get why roman never uses james on offense. they drafted him to be a weapon. mcdonald should be farther along in his development and patton should be playing now

These coaches seem bent on playing the vets, which I understand to some extent; but they really need to get some of the young guys in just in case they have injures that force their hand. Of course, it would be a lot easier if they had a couple of blowouts so they could play youth without worrying about mistakes.

Edit:

First five games--four blowouts, two losses and two wins.
Last five games--one blowout win.

So the time to experiment would have been in the middle games--Tennessee and Jacksonville, but they were trying to get people healthy and find vets who could play. Patton was knicked so he had limited opportunities. Just the way the cookie crumbles I guess.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Dec 9, 2013 at 7:35 PM ]

james no excuse

macdonald just blocks he can catch if they give him lots of chances but they prefer to be cute and use miller instead of the rumbler and he's big enough to do damage in the red zone

hunter is healthy rarely used

just go on and on and on and on

there was no excuse to not use them for the first 8 games of the season BEFORE crab and manninham came back

Roman is in love with Bruce Miller. He thinks he is the next Marshall Faulk. He lines him up at WR, running back, H-back, full back, TE. He does everything with him.

James and McDonald don't seem to float his boat so much.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Roman is in love with Bruce Miller. He thinks he is the next Marshall Faulk. He lines him up at WR, running back, H-back, full back, TE. He does everything with him.

his boat should be shot.

jim should just go in and say "i want 8 targets between hunter/macdonald/james and no more passes to miller he is in there to block get er done"

his boat should be shot.

jim should just go in and say "i want 8 targets between hunter/macdonald/james and no more passes to miller he is in there to block get er done"

Well, he has each and every day available to say that, but apparently, they are in the same boat on this one.
They LOVE Bruce Miller.

his boat should be shot.

im not against bruce getting the ball. he got some key first downs for us yesterday but the others should get a shot to contribute too. we drafted james because he has speed and is a playmaker. you cant be fast and make plays when youre sitting on the bench
im not against bruce getting the ball. he got some key first downs for us yesterday but the others should get a shot to contribute too. we drafted james because he has speed and is a playmaker. you cant be fast and make plays when youre sitting on the bench

i am against it when he goes out for passing routes that could and should go to people who could catch those same passes and almost take them to the house whereas miller is pretty much going to get tackled where he catches the ball if anyone is around him.

take that sleeper play for instance...

he ran to the sideline wide open got the pass and took it what 40 yards?

where would hunter or james have taken that? lol
Well, he has each and every day available to say that, but apparently, they are in the same boat on this one.
They LOVE Bruce Miller.

yup they do. too bad..and its not bruce miller's fault

i am against it when he goes out for passing routes that could and should go to people who could catch those same passes and almost take them to the house whereas miller is pretty much going to get tackled where he catches the ball if anyone is around him.

take that sleeper play for instance...

he ran to the sideline wide open got the pass and took it what 40 yards?

where would hunter or james have taken that? lol

hunter and james woulda been covered lol. thats the point. people sleep on miller because hes just a fullback so they think its just a trick but the guy can catch and hes tough as nails.
hunter and james woulda been covered lol. thats the point. people sleep on miller because hes just a fullback so they think its just a trick but the guy can catch and hes tough as nails.

possibly
macdonald could have done that as well

but then again they wouldn't have been covered because they know we don't throw the ball to rb's

possibly
macdonald could have done that as well

but then again they wouldn't have been covered because they know we don't throw the ball to rb's

thats what bugs me. gore was a beast in the passing game until harbaugh got here and they never throw to any of the backs
Some of tgat is on Kaep. Seems like he rareoy checks it doen to Gore. And not sure why they don't/can't run screens.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Some of tgat is on Kaep. Seems like he rareoy checks it doen to Gore. And not sure why they don't/can't run screens.

Yes, it's clearly Kaepernick's fault, because Gore was racking up receptions before? Gore had 46, 52, and 46 receptions in the 3 seasons before Harbaugh. Since Harbaugh has arrived, he has a total of 68 receptions period.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yes, it's clearly Kaepernick's fault, because Gore was racking up receptions before? Gore had 46, 52, and 46 receptions in the 3 seasons before Harbaugh. Since Harbaugh has arrived, he has a total of 68 receptions period.

yup philosophy issue

at this point i just believe they're too scared to open the offense entirely up

they like to play things close to the chest.. have plays saved up for right times... that type of cat and mouse dumb crap

if they ever woke up and said hey let's just make this offense unstoppable and be historic.
then it would be. we have the personnel to do it currently on the roster.
yup philosophy issue

at this point i just believe they're too scared to open the offense entirely up

they like to play things close to the chest.. have plays saved up for right times... that type of cat and mouse dumb crap

if they ever woke up and said hey let's just make this offense unstoppable and be historic.
then it would be. we have the personnel to do it currently on the roster.

I don't think they have the ability to do it. I have zero trust in Roman's in-game playcalling, he'll make a few good calls here and there but mostly its erratic, there is no flow like what you see with other offenses. I'm sure they do a great job gameplanning but if their gameplan doesn't work, everything goes up in flames.
Share 49ersWebzone