LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets

Pick #128

[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Apr 27, 2013 at 12:24 PM ]
CHYEAH
Insurance policy in case AJ Jenkins doesn't pan out, Boldin is one and done, or Michael Crabtree's contract demands are too high.
Speed, speed,.speed

At one point the best WR in the draft.
I had him #1 on my big board nice pick
More than likely will contribute in the kickoff/return game.
"I feel like (Quinton Patton) from Louisiana Tech is the best receiver I've played against since I've been here. I've gone against some good ones in the SEC, too, but he's probably the most complete."

~ Mississippi State CB Jonathan Banks,ESPN.com, Oct. 28, 2011

Much more polished prospect than our receiving TE we picked up imo.
One of my favorite players in the draft. So happy with these last two picks and this draft... It's going to look like 2007 and 2011 when we get done.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
San Francisco 49ers @49ers

Patton calls learning from Anquan Boldin the "perfect situation" for him. #draft49

Dude had 21 catches 200 yards 4tds against Texas A&M
Great Article http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1602776-quinton-patton-scouting-report-nfl-outlook-for-louisiana-tech-wr
Our 2015 receiving corps could be:

Crabtree, Patton, Jenkins, Williams -- a great balance of speed/quickness/toughness in that group. Add in Vernon Davis and Vance McDonald and you could see a 5-wide set of..

Crabtree -- Williams -- McDonald ------------------ Vernon -- Patton
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 27, 2013 at 11:00 AM ]
Wonder if he doesn't play or make a catch this yr if y'all will be screaming bust like alot of u have with AJ? ?? good pick up let him learn college WR to NFL WR is a tough translation ....
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Wonder if he doesn't play or make a catch this yr if y'all will be screaming bust like alot of u have with AJ? ?? good pick up let him learn college WR to NFL WR is a tough translation ....

Unlike Jenkins, Patton is ready to contribute. It was pretty clear early on that Jenkins had a loooong way to go.
Share 49ersWebzone