LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

New 49er Corey Lemonier

Shop 49ers game tickets
Love this pick, and Lemonier really only had a production drop because that Auburn team imploded. The guy was probably on his way to being a late 1st or 2nd round talent given that he's physically great for a 3-4 OLB pass rusher and has production. Those clips of him have coming at the QB from different angles, that shoulder dip, finishes plays, etc at least shows that he can be used in that role Aldon had has a rookie to come in on passing downs and be in the rotation to give Aldon a rest.
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Originally posted by Walsh:
I wonder if we should have drafted Keenan Allen at WR instead. It's arguably a bigger need. Our receiving corps has me a bit worried.

Why? With Crabtree-Boldin and Davis-McDonald, I would say we are top 5 in the league when it comes to WR-WR-TE-TE group. Throw in Manningham when healthy (an above-average #3) and the redshirted Jenkins, and this is a strength of our team.

Thank you! Someone else who sees that WR is NOT a position of need.

We said that going into the last 2 seasons and by the time the playoffs came around the WR was a position of need.
really want to see what Fleming can do also!

Corey, Haralson, Fleming, and Cam is good competition for camp!
I am always a fan of getting potential stud pass rushers. Excellent value.
I think this guy can be the best part of this draft. Watching his highlight film, I see the same rangy, but powerful pass rush machine as Aldon Smith. Can you imagine an Aldon Smith clone rushing from the other side? I love this pick, and think Lemonier will thrive in an already studly defense ... where he will not garner as much attention.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I am always a fan of getting potential stud pass rushers. Excellent value.

Guys that can get to the QB...can never have enough of 'em
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Originally posted by Walsh:
I wonder if we should have drafted Keenan Allen at WR instead. It's arguably a bigger need. Our receiving corps has me a bit worried.

Why? With Crabtree-Boldin and Davis-McDonald, I would say we are top 5 in the league when it comes to WR-WR-TE-TE group. Throw in Manningham when healthy (an above-average #3) and the redshirted Jenkins, and this is a strength of our team.

Thank you! Someone else who sees that WR is NOT a position of need.

We said that going into the last 2 seasons and by the time the playoffs came around the WR was a position of need.

For most teams it would be a position of need if 2 key players (Kyle Williams and more importantly, Mario Manningham) get hurt. I think we are in a different situation this year. If we only suited Michael Crabtree, Anquan Boldin, and Kyle Willaiams, that group would be better than what we had at the end of 2012. it was a need for lack of depth, not necessarily immediate need in the sense that we had to spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on receiver, though I wouldn't have been upset if we did.

Looking at it now, it is potentially a position of strength, to the point where we won't be severely damaged if we have one or two injuries.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Lemonyay
Lemonhead looks really good in the highlight vids. Hope to see him playing a lot in preseason!
This guy could be a big time player for us in the future..he plays a lot like brooks ..he might end up being better in a couple years

Saw some of his Combine highlights. Looked very athletic, but has hands of stone. He should be fine as long as the Niners use him moving forward and hunting the QB.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Saw some of his Combine highlights. Looked very athletic, but has hands of stone. He should be fine as long as the Niners use him moving forward and hunting the QB.

most defenders have hands of stone otherwise they would be on offense lol
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
most defenders have hands of stone otherwise they would be on offense lol

walker had hands of stone but was on offense. there are always exceptions to your theory
Originally posted by Dshearn:
WAR EAGLE!!

I really love this pick.....

He will be a better NFL player then college player.

Auburn has been an absolute mess....

If Dennis Erickson and Mike Singletary had a love child, it would be Gene Chizik, Auburn had terrible coaching and recruiting.

This could be the best pick in our draft

I agree buddy, I live outside of Auburn, and that team was dreadful, he was doubled alot last year too...he was the only player to give it 100% all game every game. Im really excited to see alot of players here from the South here on our squad from the draft.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Lemonyay

McShay and the ESPN talking heads say it's...

Lemon-whaa

FWIW.
Share 49ersWebzone