There are 198 users in the forums

New 49er Corey Lemonier

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by buck:
Haralson took a huge pay cut and will be a free agent next year.

The chances he gets cut are slim and next to none.

The team can, and in my opinon should, carry four outside linebackers.

So do you cut another young prospect in Fleming to hold on to aging Haralson for a year???

This. It all depends on training camp now. If Fleming and Johnson bust heads during camp (along with Lemonwah), paycut or not, Haralson could be gone.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Originally posted by Walsh:
I wonder if we should have drafted Keenan Allen at WR instead. It's arguably a bigger need. Our receiving corps has me a bit worried.

Why? With Crabtree-Boldin and Davis-McDonald, I would say we are top 5 in the league when it comes to WR-WR-TE-TE group. Throw in Manningham when healthy (an above-average #3) and the redshirted Jenkins, and this is a strength of our team.

Thank you! Someone else who sees that WR is NOT a position of need.
Originally posted by Beeker:
I wonder if we should have drafted Keenan Allen at WR instead. It's arguably a bigger need. Our receiving corps has me a bit worried.

Why? With Crabtree-Boldin and Davis-McDonald, I would say we are top 5 in the league when it comes to WR-WR-TE-TE group. Throw in Manningham when healthy (an above-average #3) and the redshirted Jenkins, and this is a strength of our team.

well, depends how you're slicing it. THIS season it wont be a need. but what about the year after that? Boldin is on a one year, crabs is on a two year and we don't know if we'll be able to sign him if Kap has a huge contract. I don't see Crabtree taking a hometown discount. Then you have the next two players in Manningham and Williams who are coming off of knee injuries. We don't know how that will affect their play. Knee injuries to two players who are more about agility than strength could really hurt their game. Then you have Jenkins that we know nothing about at this point. He might come in and be a solid contributor, but then again he might be a complete bust. We just don't know.

Wide receiver is a future need for 2014 and beyond. Because of this, I'm not upset that they haven't addressed that position yet. Our receivers were fine last year until both Manningham and Williams got hurt. Most teams would be hurting if their #2 and #4 receivers went down. Our offensive production actually went up. It is a need, just not the immediate need that many of this board have made it out to be. Whoever they draft will not contribute in 2013.
Really happy with this pick. I think we'll look back and wonder how we got this guy in the 3rd round.
WAR EAGLE!!

I really love this pick.....

He will be a better NFL player then college player.

Auburn has been an absolute mess....

If Dennis Erickson and Mike Singletary had a love child, it would be Gene Chizik, Auburn had terrible coaching and recruiting.

This could be the best pick in our draft
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:

well, depends how you're slicing it. THIS season it wont be a need. but what about the year after that? Boldin is on a one year, crabs is on a two year and we don't know if we'll be able to sign him if Kap has a huge contract. I don't see Crabtree taking a hometown discount. Then you have the next two players in Manningham and Williams who are coming off of knee injuries. We don't know how that will affect their play. Knee injuries to two players who are more about agility than strength could really hurt their game. Then you have Jenkins that we know nothing about at this point. He might come in and be a solid contributor, but then again he might be a complete bust. We just don't know.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Wide receiver is a future need for 2014 and beyond. Because of this, I'm not upset that they haven't addressed that position yet. Our receivers were fine last year until both Manningham and Williams got hurt. Most teams would be hurting if their #2 and #4 receivers went down. Our offensive production actually went up. It is a need, just not the immediate need that many of this board have made it out to be. Whoever they draft will not contribute in 2013.

Both of these.

Riki, I agree about the "what if" aspect, but LLN pretty much said it better than I could have.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
F*ck s**t who is that this?! ... I think, I really like him cuz he looked so good a football for real!

My thoughts exactly

I thought, we need at WR but I was kinda disappoined then watch him on youtube that he was looked so good and awesome plays beasts! I feel like wow! I think, I am exciting about it.. I think, Corey Lemonier is better than Tank Carradine for sure.. I do that i just check on youtube about Tank Carradine because he looked ok for plays.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
F*ck s**t who is that this?! ... I think, I really like him cuz he looked so good a football for real!

My thoughts exactly

I thought, we need at WR but I was kinda disappoined then watch him on youtube that he was looked so good and awesome plays beasts! I feel like wow! I think, I am exciting about it.. I think, Corey Lemonier is better than Tank Carradine for sure.. I do that i just check on youtube about Tank Carradine because he looked ok for plays.

Buzz speaks truth. Once you learn to read his posts, this dude is AWESOME!!!!!
Originally posted by Dshearn:
WAR EAGLE!!

If Dennis Erickson and Mike Singletary had a love child, it would be Gene Chizik, Auburn had terrible coaching and recruiting.

Great call D. Lemonmeringue looks like a monster on the field and was a stud as a junior, but seemed to disappear this past year. But in terms of speed, athletic ability and pure potential as a 3-4 OLB, he's just a small step below high first rounders like Dion Jordan and Mingo. In fact, if you look at their combine numbers, Mingo, Jordan and Lemongrass are just about even in all their results, but Corey has longer arms than both. And production-wise, Lemonaide has them both beat, so we could be looking at a steal here in the late 3rd.

• Walsh
  • Veteran
You guys basically said it all regarding taking a WR. Rikimaru made my point better than I could have. I do think if we had taken Allen that he could have easily become the #3 guy in our offense this year but it's all conjecture cuz who knows if we could have traded up to even get him. All that being said...

Defense has holes in it too and I like LemonJuice's highlight reel . Looks like he's got the pass rushing part down. Think we'll see him play this year so our guys can get some rest or only if there's injury? vote now
[ Edited by Walsh on Apr 28, 2013 at 4:41 AM ]
  • Elric
  • Veteran
WOW I'm very impressed This is a great pick by the organizationon.
The way Lemonier Pressures the quarter back spells stud.
His overall ablity is fantastic. I always try to watch a few Alburn games. .

I'm kinda wondering who is going to be 2nd string ILB and will the Niners start stashing pass rushers there,
until they have time to develope? Larry Grant was playing on a one year contract.

This video is soooo (does it have to be said).....

Originally posted by Dshearn:
WAR EAGLE!!

Erickson and Singletary having a love child!!!! With TDon as the godfather?

I gotta heave!
Agree very nice pick
Double post
[ Edited by tohara3 on Apr 28, 2013 at 2:48 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone