LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 156 users in the forums

New 49er Corey Lemonier

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Very excited about this kid. Totally happy with Skuta as well but can't wait to see Lemonier's jump in year 2!

We have deep deep olb's, even more so if that's where they intend to play Lynch, assuming they can mold him as last man on the totem pole.

Skuta played very well for us last year, and Lemon man has the makings of being a stud pass rusher. If we can get them all involved this year our pass rush may be deadly.

It's pretty crazy to look back and remember that year we were prayin Aldon/Brooks didn't get hurt b/c we had NOBODY behind them...to this.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Very excited about this kid. Totally happy with Skuta as well but can't wait to see Lemonier's jump in year 2!

We have deep deep olb's, even more so if that's where they intend to play Lynch, assuming they can mold him as last man on the totem pole.

Skuta played very well for us last year, and Lemon man has the makings of being a stud pass rusher. If we can get them all involved this year our pass rush may be deadly.

Our pass rush WILL be deadly, BOOK IT.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Don't forget his age. I believe he is the youngest player on that list by at least 1 year.

With Ezekiel Ansah being the oldest at about 55
I wanted the 49ers to draft him because he had a good pass rush, but in college, and in the NFL ... he gets pressures and hurries but doesn't rack up many sacks. It's always those last 2 feet that are a problem for him. That's okay, with Aldon coming from the other side the QB isn't going to have too many places to run.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Buchy:

Nice list

I agree.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
I expect him to be better. Has the Strength and athleticism and was a good pass rusher in college. Needs to learn to use his hands better, but he has lots of potential to be a really good player and take over for Brooks eventually.
I agree I think he takes huge steps forward in his progression
  • thl408
I wonder how much of Lemon's time will be spent practicing dropping back into coverage and reading plays. Until he can show that he can do this, as well as setting the edge on run plays, Brooks will keep his job. That was a very nice chart that showed how well Lemon pressured the QB when compared to other rookie pass rushers. Thanks for posting that.

I want Lemon to take Brooks' spot on 3rd down pass rushing situations. That's a role I think Lemon may take from Brooks this coming season.
I am very excited about the potential for our pass rush this year. I can imagine packages involving Aldon, Brooks, Carradine, Justin and Lemonier on obvious passing situations. This pass rush has the potential to be SO SICK it's crazy.

For fun, here are a few of Lemoier's 2013 highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCS5oW_JRsE
[ Edited by Wisconsin49erfan on Jun 15, 2014 at 8:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
I am very excited about the potential for our pass rush this year. I can imagine packages involving Aldon, Brooks, Carradine, Justin and Lemonier on obvious passing situations. This pass rush has the potential to be SO SICK it's crazy.

For fun, here are a few of Lemoier's 2013 highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCS5oW_JRsE

3 OLBs?
Sounds like he added several pounds of muscle in the off season, let get the preseason rolling

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Sounds like he added several pounds of muscle in the off season, let get the preseason rolling

Where'd you hear that? He didn't seem like he had much room for more muscle.
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/7669/top-things-to-watch-at-49ers-minicamp

Scroll down to the section on pass rushers.

Awesome, I think that was what he was missing last year tbh. He just didnt have enough to get a sack. He had a lot of pressures tho.
Originally posted by crake49:

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/7669/top-things-to-watch-at-49ers-minicamp

Thanks!
Originally posted by crake49:

Thanks!

That's crazy because he was already hella buff and strong. He just need to get better with his hands and develop some more moves. Has great athleticism, strength, and arm length and was a beast in college in sacking the QB and forcing fumbles.
Share 49ersWebzone