LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 326 users in the forums

New 49er Corey Lemonier

Shop 49ers game tickets
LemonYay needs to work his elusiveness..

I haven't noticed are they doing the Smith Bro stunts with Lemon ?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

They've done them. one of QB hits from I think 2 games ago came on a stunt.
Originally posted by eonblue:
If he got more sacks he would get more recognition. Aldon had the ability to destroy drives with his pass rush. Brooks gets paid a whole lot to set a mean egde.

One of those is naturally going get more rcognition. The real question is whether or not its justified.

im just happy we have them both
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Lemonier is rushing from all over the field, and predominantly from the opposite side Aldon/Justin are on. I hope this comes out readable. What's interesting is both Aldon and Corey have better pass rushing productivity rushing from McDonald's side than Justin's. PRP is pass rushing productivity and is measured by the combination of hits, hurries, sacks divided by pass rush attempts.
[ Edited by Disp on Oct 17, 2013 at 8:29 PM ]
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
im just happy we have them both

Id be happier with pressures. I figured brroks would step up and earn his 5.3 mil.
[ Edited by eonblue on Oct 17, 2013 at 8:59 PM ]
Originally posted by real9erfan:
I agree with this. Brooks seems to always be underrated. The guy is one of the main reasons we were actually in the Super Bowl last season. People tend to always notice sacks, so they don't notice all the other things Brooks does in terms of setting the edge, shedding blocks to make crucial tackles, going into coverage sometimes, making open field tackles on screen passes, etc. The guy is an absolute beast for this defense and I don't foresee anyone replacing him as of right now.

He isn't underrated to me, its just that our other linebackers are slightly better.
Originally posted by Disp:
Lemonier is rushing from all over the field, and predominantly from the opposite side Aldon/Justin are on. I hope this comes out readable. What's interesting is both Aldon and Corey have better pass rushing productivity rushing from McDonald's side than Justin's. PRP is pass rushing productivity and is measured by the combination of hits, hurries, sacks divided by pass rush attempts.

Thanks for this! I noticed Aldon having great success from McDonald's side but don't know if that's because it takes the offense by surprise or something else. I really like moving guys around though and believe the defense has been a bit too predictable in the past...but damn if they aren't great playing that way!
Brooks is playing very good football.

He's earning every penny.
If the combination of Lemonier & Skuta hold up pretty much the whole year & towards the end of the season Lemonier takes the next step further if i was Baalke & Co. & wouldnt hesitate to trade that head case we now call Aldon Smith, right now that he has a big upside & we can at least get a 1st round pick & possibly a star player to go along wit that, PLUS that money we would of spend on a new contract on Smith you could use towards resigning Kap, Iupati & Crabs, Most likely Smith gets paid & becomes a even bigger prob down the line for us. I lost trust & patience for that dude
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
If the combination of Lemonier & Skuta hold up pretty much the whole year & towards the end of the season Lemonier takes the next step further if i was Baalke & Co. & wouldnt hesitate to trade that head case we now call Aldon Smith, right now that he has a big upside & we can at least get a 1st round pick & possibly a star player to go along wit that, PLUS that money we would of spend on a new contract on Smith you could use towards resigning Kap, Iupati & Crabs, Most likely Smith gets paid & becomes a even bigger prob down the line for us. I lost trust & patience for that dude
wow.. you are pretty harsh. you never heard of second chances? if we went by your theory, brooks would never be on our team. With the good things aldon has done for us and by being a very very good team mate, you do not cut him off at the knees because he has some personal problems. you stand by him through his rehab and his battles with the legal system and the nfl. wow. you talk about a knee jerk reaction. Despite what he is going through, now more than ever, he deserves the support of this team. if you went by your name, you would stand by your players. what did he do to give you a reason to hate him? he is a good player, a good team mate, never caused a locker room issue. he has some demons and he is taking care of them. Just like a million other people in this world. if your kid had these sorts of issues, would you shun them and cut them off at the knees or would you support them?

Originally posted by cciowa:
wow.. you are pretty harsh. you never heard of second chances? if we went by your theory, brooks would never be on our team. With the good things aldon has done for us and by being a very very good team mate, you do not cut him off at the knees because he has some personal problems. you stand by him through his rehab and his battles with the legal system and the nfl. wow. you talk about a knee jerk reaction. Despite what he is going through, now more than ever, he deserves the support of this team. if you went by your name, you would stand by your players. what did he do to give you a reason to hate him? he is a good player, a good team mate, never caused a locker room issue. he has some demons and he is taking care of them. Just like a million other people in this world. if your kid had these sorts of issues, would you shun them and cut them off at the knees or would you support them?

Were in my post did i state i hate him? Last time i checked this isnt the 1st time he has had off field issues now hes facing criminal charges as well, do we really need that kind of distraction around this team? A leopard can't change its spots, yeah he has demons but honestly the team can do without a guy like that like i said IF Lemonier shows he can shoulder the load it would be a smart move all together by the 49ers brass.
[ Edited by Tru2RedNGold25 on Oct 18, 2013 at 9:53 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Were in my post did i state i hate him? Last time i checked this isnt the 1st time he has had off field issues now hes facing criminal charges as well, do we really need that kind of distraction around this team? A leopard can't change its spots, yeah he has demons but honestly the team can do without a guy like that like i said IF Lemonier shows he can shoulder the load it would be a smart move all together by the 49ers brass.

a man can change, . since he never has been a locker room cancer, he deserves a chance to "change his spots". I am not yelling or flaming you, i just really disagree with your assessment we should get rid of him. he deserves a second chance. now if he was a problem child in the locker room for us, then i would agree with you. you are right and if i said you hate him,, i am sorry for that i tend to put words in peoples mouth and that is a real issue i need treatment in
This clown was invisible in the playoffs

a man can change, . since he never has been a locker room cancer, he deserves a chance to "change his spots". I am not yelling or flaming you, i just really disagree with your assessment we should get rid of him. he deserves a second chance. now if he was a problem child in the locker room for us, then i would agree with you. you are right and if i said you hate him,, i am sorry for that i tend to put words in peoples mouth and that is a real issue i need treatment in

everybody is entitled to their own opinion & everyone has the right to speak their mind, & dont even worry bout it no harm now foul
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

everybody is entitled to their own opinion & everyone has the right to speak their mind, & dont even worry bout it no harm now foul
yes but i still put words in your mouth and that is not right. now you know if aldon comes back and goes right back to his pre treatment behavior, then yes you get rid of him, sacks be damned. i also glossed over your overall point that the lemon man looks like the real deal for us. If aldon comes back and the lemon man continues his good play that just makes us stronger,, if aldon blows it, then its not that tragic either due to the lemon man
Share 49ersWebzone