LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

New 49er Corey Lemonier

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Best case scenario is that Aldon sees the light and changes his ways, and rewards the niners for their loyalty by asking for a reasonable contract.

No? haha

Yessir! I would like seeing this one day this season....Aldon Justin Brooks/Tank Lemon! Yes Brooks at DT on Nickel formations just so Corey can stay in as well, that would be a nightmare for QBs to see, then send big Bow along with that a few times a game.....damn I just jizzed myself
Originally posted by 9moon:
Brooks in my opinion is still THE MOST UNDERRATED PLAYER we have on our team...

he NEVER gets the recognition that he deserves.. Had the guy been w/ Pittsburgh, he would be an automatic ALL PRO like the guys he would have followed in (Greg Lloyd; James Harrison; Joey Porter) year in and year out..

as for this year, Lemonier was the best draft pick for me... and if he can stay healthy, maybe, just maybe, we can dump Aldon "Lush the Passer" Smith to the Jets for their 1st rounder and Corey can take over and we wont miss him a bit!!

Aldon will get his head screwed on straight, he is not going to be replaced by Lemonier, Brooks will be...eventually.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Aldon will get his head screwed on straight, he is not going to be replaced by Lemonier, Brooks will be...eventually.

He's facing gun charges and an inevitable lengthy league suspension. Aldon's got so many problems I'm not even thinking about his return.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Brooks in my opinion is still THE MOST UNDERRATED PLAYER we have on our team...

he NEVER gets the recognition that he deserves.. Had the guy been w/ Pittsburgh, he would be an automatic ALL PRO like the guys he would have followed in (Greg Lloyd; James Harrison; Joey Porter) year in and year out..

as for this year, Lemonier was the best draft pick for me... and if he can stay healthy, maybe, just maybe, we can dump Aldon "Lush the Passer" Smith to the Jets for their 1st rounder and Corey can take over and we wont miss him a bit!!

Brooks is a fkn beast! I honestly think he's more valuable to the team than Aldon. Brooks does everything well from rushing the QB, stopping the run, setting the edge, deflect passes and covers well, whereas Aldon is mainly a pass rusher.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Brooks is a fkn beast! I honestly think he's more valuable to the team than Aldon. Brooks does everything well from rushing the QB, stopping the run, setting the edge, deflect passes and covers well, whereas Aldon is mainly a pass rusher.

Well...he's definitely more valuable to them "right now."
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

He's facing gun charges and an inevitable lengthy league suspension. Aldon's got so many problems I'm not even thinking about his return.

No doubt the kid needs to get right, but if he wasn't coming back I seriously doubt he'd still be collecting paychecks. First order of business is to get right and grow up.

Agreed. Although I'll give Aldon credit for setting the edge as well. He's really improved a ton and has evolved into a very good run player as well. Brooks is a bad man though and more of a well rounded linebacker as Aldon is obviously the better pass rusher.
Having Brooks, Aldon and Corey rotating to stay fresh will put an incredible amount of pressure on offenses. This may be similar to the NYG rotation a couple of years ago. Always nice to have more than two guys who can pressure from the wings. Now stay healthy guys!
Originally posted by NinerG94:

Agreed. Although I'll give Aldon credit for setting the edge as well. He's really improved a ton and has evolved into a very good run player as well. Brooks is a bad man though and more of a well rounded linebacker as Aldon is obviously the better pass rusher.

Agreed...Aldon has a higher ceiling for pass rushing and has worked hard on TFL (play recognition) and sealing the edge; while he's better at this he is far less superior to Brooks on not only physically directing blockers (forcing RB's inside to help), through 2 blockers but also at "shedding" the blocks and making tackles. The trend the past two years is that the easiest way to eliminate a stellar pass rush from Aldon/Justin is to run right at them and that works. They compliment each other so well in the defense where Fangio has totally different responsibilities of the SAM and WILL. That said, did anyone else notice that Aldon's first game out, the Rams game, Fangio moved Brooks over to the WIL (Aldon's spot) about 50% of the time and he had 1.5 sacks, QB hits/pressures, lead the team in tackles, PD, etc.? It makes me wonder what Brooks could do there if he was allowed to rush more exclusively from the WILL.

And yeah, we have to forget about Aldon for a while...until he's in the building and all of this is behind him and he's healthy (sounds like he may have some MH issues). I agree with Fangio that Lemnonier is further along that Aldon was and that he's getting more and more snaps from the WILL Initially, he and Skuta got a lot of snaps at the SAM so he's gaining experience at both spots.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 16, 2013 at 6:54 AM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Having Brooks, Aldon and Corey rotating to stay fresh will put an incredible amount of pressure on offenses. This may be similar to the NYG rotation a couple of years ago. Always nice to have more than two guys who can pressure from the wings. Now stay healthy guys!

thing is if aldon wasn't out corey wouldn't be getting any reps unfortunately.

but with aldon being out he's going to make himself so valuable we have to keep him playing

Originally posted by jonesadrian:
thing is if aldon wasn't out corey wouldn't be getting any reps unfortunately.

but with aldon being out he's going to make himself so valuable we have to keep him playing

This seems like a really good thing...unintentionally good luck. Ideally you would want players to break in slowly but if they can help right away I certainly don't see it as bad.

OK, the situation is not funny at all ... but this is clever. Did you conceive of it yourself, or read it somewhere else. Made me laugh either way.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NinerG94:

Agreed...Aldon has a higher ceiling for pass rushing and has worked hard on TFL (play recognition) and sealing the edge; while he's better at this he is far less superior to Brooks on not only physically directing blockers (forcing RB's inside to help), through 2 blockers but also at "shedding" the blocks and making tackles. The trend the past two years is that the easiest way to eliminate a stellar pass rush from Aldon/Justin is to run right at them and that works. They compliment each other so well in the defense where Fangio has totally different responsibilities of the SAM and WILL. That said, did anyone else notice that Aldon's first game out, the Rams game, Fangio moved Brooks over to the WIL (Aldon's spot) about 50% of the time and he had 1.5 sacks, QB hits/pressures, lead the team in tackles, PD, etc.? It makes me wonder what Brooks could do there if he was allowed to rush more exclusively from the WILL.

And yeah, we have to forget about Aldon for a while...until he's in the building and all of this is behind him and he's healthy (sounds like he may have some MH issues). I agree with Fangio that Lemnonier is further along that Aldon was and that he's getting more and more snaps from the WILL Initially, he and Skuta got a lot of snaps at the SAM so he's gaining experience at both spots.

I agree with this. Brooks seems to always be underrated. The guy is one of the main reasons we were actually in the Super Bowl last season. People tend to always notice sacks, so they don't notice all the other things Brooks does in terms of setting the edge, shedding blocks to make crucial tackles, going into coverage sometimes, making open field tackles on screen passes, etc. The guy is an absolute beast for this defense and I don't foresee anyone replacing him as of right now.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
I agree with this. Brooks seems to always be underrated. The guy is one of the main reasons we were actually in the Super Bowl last season. People tend to always notice sacks, so they don't notice all the other things Brooks does in terms of setting the edge, shedding blocks to make crucial tackles, going into coverage sometimes, making open field tackles on screen passes, etc. The guy is an absolute beast for this defense and I don't foresee anyone replacing him as of right now.

I love you man!
If he got more sacks he would get more recognition. Aldon had the ability to destroy drives with his pass rush. Brooks gets paid a whole lot to set a mean egde.

One of those is naturally going get more rcognition. The real question is whether or not its justified.
[ Edited by eonblue on Oct 17, 2013 at 4:11 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone