Haralson | I.Williams | Carradine | Corey Lemonier
Carradine | Dial | Dorsey | Lemonier/Haralson
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Nice little nickle rush package we've got, depth wise, when everyone's healthy

LDE ----------- DT ----- DT ----------- RDE
Brooks | McDonald | J.Smith | Aldon Smith

I think in a year's time, our rush package is Lemonier | Carradine | J.Smith | Aldon Smith. Who knows? It might even happen later on this year. I certainly think we are going to put Lemonier into our rush package sooner rather than later.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Aug 20, 2013 at 8:24 PM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Nice little nickle rush package we've got, depth wise, when everyone's healthy

LDE ----------- DT ----- DT ----------- RDE
Brooks | McDonald | J.Smith | Aldon Smith

I think in a year's time, our rush package is Lemonier | Carradine | J.Smith | Aldon Smith. Who knows? It might even happen later on this year. I certainly think we are going to put Lemonier into our rush package sooner rather than later.

Yup, I think they will use him (Lemo) frequently on obvious passing downs, similar to Aldon in his first year.

Boy is our DL and OLB depth looking good, I have high expectations for our front 7 this year, Qb's will be running for their lives.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by hps49:
This guys gonna be a BEAST.
you just do not want to get to excited but just the thought of us losing nothing when aldon goes off the field in favor of this guy makes one drool or makes one penis tingle

Yes, it's so exciting to see how much better the D may be this year!
my daughter has said since the end of last year,, you improve the depth, you improve the pass rush,, the secondary issues will not be an issue,, she just may be right

Sounds like a smart girl!
Does that depth chart on the 49ers website mean anything? Very bothered that Lemonier seems to be behind Cam Johnson on the depth chart.
Lemonier is going to be an eye-opener this season.

He'll make rookie mistakes but in the end he'll be an impact player.
Originally posted by 49ersss:
Does that depth chart on the 49ers website mean anything? Very bothered that Lemonier seems to be behind Cam Johnson on the depth chart.

Doesn't matter. Cam probably gets that by defauly. Lemonair is making an impact. I haven't heard Cam's name once this pre-season.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Doesn't matter. Cam probably gets that by defauly. Lemonair is making an impact. I haven't heard Cam's name once this pre-season.

So you feel that Lemonier is already ahead of Cam? Would he back up Smith or Brooks?

So you feel that Lemonier is already ahead of Cam? Would he back up Smith or Brooks?

I imagine he could spell both of them. They will probably use him the way aldo was his roomie year, bring him in on pass rush situation.

Most likely brooks, who we probably won't re-sign once his contract is up.

I imagine he could spell both of them. They will probably use him the way aldo was his roomie year, bring him in on pass rush situation.

Most likely brooks, who we probably won't re-sign once his contract is up.

Brooks's contract doesn't end any time soon though I think.

• xcfan
  • Veteran
lemonier reminds me of quanterus smith; both cat-quick off the snap and around the edge.

Harbaugh was asked about that and he said something like, "One of the assistants does that...just a list...I'm not sure who does that now." Does not seem like it's a very serious ranking.
Ready to see this kid in action again this week!

except the sack on fourth down against chiefs.
Originally posted by xcfan:
lemonier reminds me of quanterus smith; both cat-quick off the snap and around the edge.

Yeah, Quanterus was a good pick too IMO. Great value. But I've never been as excited about a 3rd-round rookie as I am about Lemonier. I think the rest of the NFL completely blew it (twice) passing on this guy. I think he'll be better than Barkevious Mingo. And that's not homer talk; I was saying that all offseason.
Share 49ersWebzone