There are 150 users in the forums

New 49er Corey Lemonier

Shop 49ers game tickets
Lemonier and Patton are going to make the most impact in their rookie year. I still wanna see Carradine all suited up wonder if he is getting a redshirt year too.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
lemonade sucks. He's a bust

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Once in a while they draft a guy and immediately you can tell that he's going to be good. And most everyone can see he's good. Willis was like that. Goldson was like that. Lemonade is kinda like that too.

It's Lemonhead to you. Not a bad band intheir early days.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Lemonier and Patton are going to make the most impact in their rookie year. I still wanna see Carradine all suited up wonder if he is getting a redshirt year too.

Reid and Vance McDonald??
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Once in a while they draft a guy and immediately you can tell that he's going to be good. And most everyone can see he's good. Willis was like that. Goldson was like that. Lemonade is kinda like that too.

It's Lemonhead to you. Not a bad band intheir early days.

My bad Should've known better. Back in 5th grade sucking them all day
Originally posted by NCommand:
Agreed. I was very happy with Lay-moan-yah! His get-off was excellent and he took good angles to the QB, hustled through the whistle, loved his dip-move and has very long arms. He is a harasser! That said, he also showed he's a rookie...poor inside rush lead to a huge run off tackle on his side but overall, he was stout against the run and 1on1 engagements. He'll need a year or two to get acclimated to our 3-4 playbook. He'll need to learn when to rush up field and when to stay home and when to drop back in coverage. One area Brooks excels at is instant play recognition. There is NO hesitation if a QB rolls right in the RZ...he will either sprint up field to force an INC pass or drop back in coverage on the RB for underneath coverage. But right out of the gate, he is promising and I think he would be best served at the WILL spot behind Aldon. And then on obvious pass rushing downs, he can rush from either side. Also, I've always felt Haralson would be much better served at the SAM backing up Brooks and also with some work at inside LB in case WIllis/Bowman go down. What was encouraging was seeing the middle LB cross-dog blitzes up the middle, Ian collapsing the step-up lane and Fangio using all the OLB's to rush from both sides, interchangeably. Good stuff...either way, Corey is going to be learning the SAM and perhaps the WILL from the two best in the game!

What time was that play in the game video that was posted today? So far I have only seen him push back a 315 pound tackle and obliterate the pocket on one of Skuta's sacks.

See, here is where I think we need to really think outside the bun. Stop thinking WILL and SAM and all these old seifert-isms that are like heirlooms passed down from a golden age.

We very well could have two Brooks on our hands. Why slot him in behind the starter. Be daring! Be creative! Think outside the bun! Sit down Willis or Bowman now and then! Unleash the horses! Or play them all and sit down a corner if that is our weakest position and play chicken with the QB -- can you find the open man before we stomp you into the ground?

Lets do 3-4 Pittsburgh style! Could really work against the non-elite qb's.

I'm just sayin'.

I suppose I should wait until the preseason plays out to get excited. Sigh.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 5280High:

when will Patton be ready? he's gonna blow Jenkins right out of the water within one quarter. Watch.............
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NCommand:
Agreed. I was very happy with Lay-moan-yah! His get-off was excellent and he took good angles to the QB, hustled through the whistle, loved his dip-move and has very long arms. He is a harasser! That said, he also showed he's a rookie...poor inside rush lead to a huge run off tackle on his side but overall, he was stout against the run and 1on1 engagements. He'll need a year or two to get acclimated to our 3-4 playbook. He'll need to learn when to rush up field and when to stay home and when to drop back in coverage. One area Brooks excels at is instant play recognition. There is NO hesitation if a QB rolls right in the RZ...he will either sprint up field to force an INC pass or drop back in coverage on the RB for underneath coverage. But right out of the gate, he is promising and I think he would be best served at the WILL spot behind Aldon. And then on obvious pass rushing downs, he can rush from either side. Also, I've always felt Haralson would be much better served at the SAM backing up Brooks and also with some work at inside LB in case WIllis/Bowman go down. What was encouraging was seeing the middle LB cross-dog blitzes up the middle, Ian collapsing the step-up lane and Fangio using all the OLB's to rush from both sides, interchangeably. Good stuff...either way, Corey is going to be learning the SAM and perhaps the WILL from the two best in the game!

What time was that play in the game video that was posted today? So far I have only seen him push back a 315 pound tackle and obliterate the pocket on one of Skuta's sacks.

See, here is where I think we need to really think outside the bun. Stop thinking WILL and SAM and all these old seifert-isms that are like heirlooms passed down from a golden age.

We very well could have two Brooks on our hands. Why slot him in behind the starter. Be daring! Be creative! Think outside the bun! Sit down Willis or Bowman now and then! Unleash the horses! Or play them all and sit down a corner if that is our weakest position and play chicken with the QB -- can you find the open man before we stomp you into the ground?

I'm just sayin'.

Yes they're called "Hot routes". QB sees that, he has a few options:

A. Motion RB out

B. Check outta the play and send a receiver on a quick pass

C. OC sees #99, #55 and #96 on the field and does a late sub and sends in another receiver.

I mean if you're gonna do it Pittsburgh style, get creative with blitzing, delay blitz, twist, stunt, overload and disguise. OC's and QB's are always checking numbers on the field and looking for mismatches, its hard nowa days sending an "all go" blitz without being picked apart.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

A. Motion RB out

C. OC sees #99, #55 and #96 on the field and does a late sub and sends in another receiver.

I mean if you're gonna do it Pittsburgh style, get creative with blitzing, delay blitz, twist, stunt, overload and disguise. OC's and QB's are always checking numbers on the field and looking for mismatches, its hard nowa days sending an "all go" blitz without being picked apart.

Sure. Maybe 2nd and long we send a small package out and sometimes we send them all and sometimes we don't.

You know better than me. My point is, let's play to our strengths not their weaknesses. ANd don't let an old scheme keep you from exploring.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

A. Motion RB out

Sure. Maybe 2nd and long we send a small package out and sometimes we send them all and sometimes we don't.

You know better than me. My point is, let's play to our strengths not their weaknesses. ANd don't let an old scheme keep you from exploring.

Very true, good example to your logic wild-cat and read-option, both schemes that coaches took a chance on and worked out for the better.

I'm just sayin'.

You mean when he didn't contain the edge (inside move) and the RB ran outside for the big gain?

As to your point, I've wanted to sprinkle in some Caper-like formations for a while now. The thing is with Brooks, you can rush him from a MIKE or TED position or line him up on the DL (drop back: like when he got his big pick-6 against Brees). Aldon can play both WILL/SAM and up on the DL. Haralson can as well and I "think" he has some experience at the MIKE/TED. So to me, Fangio needs to do a better job of utilizing all 4 LBers in blitz packages (like the cross-dog blitzes we saw against Denver). They have the experience in our system and at various positions. There is no reason you can't move Willis/Bowman out wide as well from time to time (esp. Bowman b/c he has good pass rush skills). All these "looks" can help to force the QB to hesitate and keep an OL off balance. No excuses this year for Fangio..."Scheme is the Theme in 2013!"
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 10, 2013 at 12:15 PM ]
He's like a f**king Aldon Smith clone, except he doesn't nearly use his hands at the level Aldon (naturally) did coming into the league. -This can be fixed, and if he can use those hands in sync with his arms... this is going to be a scary f**king defense.

Seriously, next season with Williams a full starter, and possibly this guy, we're looking at '85 Bears blitz talent.
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Originally posted by random49er:
lol @ trading Ahmad Brooks. Pass rushers aren't QBs,....they rotate and keep help to keep your defense fresh. You don't get rid of OLBs every time you think you've drafted a future starter.

You do if that future starter becomes a starter and the former starter makes like 7 million a year.

There's an if there, but I've always liked Lemonier enough to say it's likely to happen. And yeah it's good to have depth at OLB, but the team could re-sign Parys Haralson if they nee to..

There's no if involved,....only an is. As in, is Brooks still productive? The initial suggestion is that he is, hence the wanting to trade. Problem is, things aren't so simple. If he's still earning that 7 million giving you productive snaps, you keep him. This isin't Madden,..pass rushers rotate, get injured, et. al.

Trading the older guy isint even worth a discussion at this point.

Share 49ersWebzone