LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

New 49er Corey Lemonier

Shop 49ers game tickets
lemonade for aids
Yeah last year we didn't have much rotation and it killed us in the long run. I know a lot of guys hate on Haralson but him being hurt killed us last year. Haggans played a handful of snaps and Bakhtiari got a handful as well but that's about it. We are much better off with Haralson back, Lemonier who looked pretty good in game 1 and Skuta who had 2 sacks but probably wouldn't look like that in the regular season. Still the guy could probably do about what Haggans did and play ST on top of it while being the #5 OLB where Haggans was #3.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 8, 2013 at 11:20 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Just watched this play now.
Will be a solid rotational guy for a long time. Just need to draft our 4th OLB next year.
Originally posted by KegBert:
I thought he looked great in his first preseason outing. I can see him being used as a situational pass-rusher on obvious passing downs, similar to how Aldon was used as a rookie.

Lemonier reminds me of Bowman when he was a rookie. His explosiveness just jumps out at you. He is going to be a player.

Yes, they were backups, that is what people were saying about Aldon Smith. Lemonier is going to be a player.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Re-watching tonight's game, he would've had two sacks had Osweiler not throw it away. This guy is quick off the LOS, glad they drafted him.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
The most impressive rookie tonight imo. I love his quick first step.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Will be a solid rotational guy for a long time. Just need to draft our 4th OLB next year.

I've been the biggest Lemonier fan I know since his days at Auburn, and the first thing I ever noticed about the guy is how fast he is off the snap. I REALLY want him to earn a starting OLB spot sooner than later so the Niners can trade Ahmad Brooks & his big salary for a DB (free safety or CB). Whitner, Nnamdi, Brown & Cox are FAs after the season, and Culliver has 1 more year coming off an ACL tear. And Rogers is as good as cut next year with his salary.

Promote Lemonier, trade Brooks or a DB and draft Jackson Jeffcoat to be the backup OLB (along with Haralson if he'll play for cheap enough).
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Aug 8, 2013 at 11:40 PM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
plus, plus quickness.
once corey gets some seasoning, him and aldon are going to be fun to watch on third down.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:

I've been the biggest Lemonier fan I know since his days at Auburn, and the first thing I ever noticed about the guy is how fast he is off the snap. I REALLY want him to earn a starting OLB spot sooner than later so the Niners can trade Ahmad Brooks & his big salary for a DB (free safety or CB). Whitner, Nnamdi, Brown & Cox are FAs after the season, and Culliver has 1 more year coming off an ACL tear. And Rogers is as good as cut next year with his salary.

Promote Lemonier, trade Brooks or a DB and draft Jackson Jeffcoat to be the backup OLB (along with Haralson if he'll play for cheap enough).

Why throw Lemonier into the fire so soon, why not just ease him into the position. Bring him along like they did Aldon Smith, Brooks will probably be gone after 2015.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:

Slow down. Considering the cap hit the Niners aren't trading Brooks anytime soon.
[ Edited by Hopper on Aug 8, 2013 at 11:49 PM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by KegBert:
I thought he looked great in his first preseason outing. I can see him being used as a situational pass-rusher on obvious passing downs, similar to how Aldon was used as a rookie.

Lemonier reminds me of Bowman when he was a rookie. His explosiveness just jumps out at you. He is going to be a player.

Yes, they were backups, that is what people were saying about Aldon Smith. Lemonier is going to be a player.

I agree, his athleticism really stood out to me tonight and he's still just learning the defense. I'd like to see how he looks in run protection a little more but backups or not he looked strong and fast out there, especially rushing the passer.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Re-watching tonight's game, he would've had two sacks had Osweiler not throw it away. This guy is quick off the LOS, glad they drafted him.

i agree but i think osweilers size bailed him out of one, cuz lemoneir got his legs and osweiler just pulled em away from him then threw it away.
This guy is special. I'm now happy we didn't draft Bruce Irvin, if he was available at our pick.

Lemonier on third down across Aldon is going to spin out opposing offenses before the snap!
Share 49ersWebzone