There are 245 users in the forums

New 49er Corey Lemonier

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
You know, with the talent of this team, those preseason games could be pretty interesting. I think I second and third stringers will blow most other teams out of the water .

yup, ez money... i'll be wagering on that!
this preseason will give me a boner. Cut players from our team would start for other teams.

fa real.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
this preseason will give me a boner. Cut players from our team would start for other teams.

fa real.

They will, unfortunately
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

fa real.

They will, unfortunately

like back in the days when they were beating up on teams all the time... talent is there
Originally posted by LVJay:

fa real.

They will, unfortunately

like back in the days when they were beating up on teams all the time... talent is there

No, I meant that other teams will be sniffing the 49er waiver wire.
even if lemongire
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:

fa real.

They will, unfortunately

No, I meant that other teams will be sniffing the 49er waiver wire.

I feel ya... back in the days when Niners were champs, they had to cut players that were starters on other teams. Niners are back to that dominance/talent--having to cut good players/starters and not just the scrubs anymore.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
even if lemongire

LOL!
This guy reminds me of cool lemon cookies
Imagine third and long against the Cardinals...

4 man front with Aldon Smith and Ahmad Brooks on the ends and Justin Smith and Tank Carradine in the middle. Maybe replace Brooks with Carradine and have Dorsey in the middle. Lemonier, Willis, and Bowman behind them.

Close up of Carson Palmer's face shows that he is crying. He might as well just let the clock run down and get a penalty and hope Harbaugh takes the loss of a down instead of backing them up more.

Originally posted by btthepunk:

4 man front with Aldon Smith and Ahmad Brooks on the ends and Justin Smith and Tank Carradine in the middle. Maybe replace Brooks with Carradine and have Dorsey in the middle. Lemonier, Willis, and Bowman behind them.

Close up of Carson Palmer's face shows that he is crying. He might as well just let the clock run down and get a penalty and hope Harbaugh takes the loss of a down instead of backing them up more.

Jailbreak Blitz package: Front seven of Aldon, Lemonier, J.Smith, Willis, Bowman, McDonald/Carradine, Brooks -- Scary.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Jailbreak Blitz package: Front seven of Aldon, Lemonier, J.Smith, Willis, Bowman, McDonald/Carradine, Brooks -- Scary.

QB see that formation and walks away muttering "football isn't worth dying for"
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by kunged:
Originally posted by denali22:
i cant put my finger on it, but i have a real good feeling about this pick. this may be our best pick of the draft..

Same, I am really excited about this pick, his first step looks incredible, he looks to having amazing quickness from the snap. In third and long he could probably sub in for Brooks.

NB - this is nothing against Brooks, he is an incredible all round OLB, I just think Lemonier could be a better push rusher

Good point.

This, exactly. It finally gives Brooks a break and affords him the opportunity to play more balls-out and more reckless b/c let's be honest, he literally, had NOBODY behind him the last two years and even played a bit nicked up at times b/c of this.

I'm really looking forward to seeing our defense with a little more rotation, our top players being able to have a few plays/a series rest will do them wonders when it comes to the end of the season or even the end of a tough game!
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

QB see that formation and walks away muttering "football isn't worth dying for"

Personally, because of Aldon's success finding his way to the QB on inside stunts and being more experienced at LB, early on at least, I might have the package look like this (with of course McDonald and Carradine rotating):

Aldon - Willis - Bowman

Lemonier - J.Smith - McDonald - Brooks

Another option is if you were to flip the defensive set and have Brooks in coverage instead, which may actually be the best setup:

Willis - Bowman - Brooks

Aldon - J.Smith - McDonald - Lemonier

One of them backers won't be on the field for an extra DB. The days of 3 linebackers on the field on 3rd and long are gone. None of them can cover a 3rd or 4th wr.
Share 49ersWebzone