There are 291 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by susweel:
dude got a bum knee, another wasted pick by baalke

Says the guy who thought that the 49ers should have gone with Blaine Gabbert over Aldon Smith.

that was jrg.

I wanted to Robert Quinn over Aldon.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by susweel:
dude got a bum knee, another wasted pick by baalke

Says the guy who thought that the 49ers should have gone with Blaine Gabbert over Aldon Smith.

Maybe, we should thank him.
I find it funny that some of you are on here saying how it was a wasted pick on Tank but yet we can't wait to see Lattimore run wild this year. Let's not jump to conclusions. I'm no doctor but sometimes post surgeries you have a mass build up of tissue that can cause inflammation. It doesn't sound serious so let's take the wait and see approach.
Originally posted by dhp318:
Terrible pick, you dont draft a guy with a high 2 with knee problems that have now persisted for over a year post surgery

Why don't you wait until you actually see the guy on the field before you call him a terrible pick.

It's not like he suffered a career ending injury. He's going to play next season. It was very wise to hold him back and clean out scar tissue so he's fully healthy next season.
this thread will be awesome to bump when he gets on the field next year
Trouble Draft... Baalke Drafted All Injured Players...Carradine, Lattimore,Dial,Bykowski
cant wait
Ray Mac had injury issues early in his career, lot of people said he was a bust and threw in the towel on him too early .....give Tank a little time, he wont be rushed into action anyway, Cowboy and Ray mac will get the lions share of snaps early in the season, plus TJE, Dorsey, Dial and Williams will want in on the action ....but Tank will eventually develop into a solid defensive lineman IMO
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Ray Mac had injury issues early in his career, lot of people said he was a bust and threw in the towel on him too early .....give Tank a little time, he wont be rushed into action anyway, Cowboy and Ray mac will get the lions share of snaps early in the season, plus TJE, Dorsey, Dial and Williams will want in on the action ....but Tank will eventually develop into a solid defensive lineman IMO

right now i'm looking at my pro football weekly 2007 draft guide and here is what it says on ray mac "has had 2 surgeries to repair the acl in his left knee which needs to be further scrutinized"

also important to note ray mac was just a rotation guy until harbaugh arrived.
So will he be ready week 1 or not ?????

Originally posted by crabman82:
right now i'm looking at my pro football weekly 2007 draft guide and here is what it says on ray mac "has had 2 surgeries to repair the acl in his left knee which needs to be further scrutinized"

also important to note ray mac was just a rotation guy until harbaugh arrived.

hopefully Tank comes back strong ...the year off could greatly improve his chances of making a strong push to be part of the rotation this year
Originally posted by Louisiana49er:
Trouble Draft... Baalke Drafted All Injured Players...Carradine, Lattimore,Dial,Bykowski

This is a Bill Walsh strategy, you get talented players who drop in the draft due to injuries.

Most rookies do not contribute, so this is a good strategy when the team has starters established.

Carradine- Justin Smiths replacement
Lattimore- Gores replacment
Dial- rotational NT
Bykowski- swint OT

Lattimore would have been a first rounder, so good value.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Harbs just said Tank had a procedure after the season to clear out scare tissue in his knee. He said he couldn't straighten out his knee before the surgery.

Well that's reassuring. ...There is a reason many of us are not convinced our DL is as "set" for the years to come.

* Justin Smith is 35 and said himself he's not sure he'll be able to do this anymore after this coming season.
* McDonald is rock solid, but he turns 30 this year himself and has been nicked up fairly often.
* Carradine has yet to even step foot on the field for a game -- no one should assume how good he'll be, if any, until we see him play.
* Dial dressed for only three games. He made 1 tackle. 1. He's the 4th string NT/DE. Totally unproven.
* Jerrod-Eddie showed a fair amount of both promise and versatility, but he's still developing and the drop-off was still obvious when he was in, as opposed to the regular starters.

So after our aging starters, all we have really is one big clump of question marks. I don't know about you, but I sure don't want to go into the season with all those eggs in one basket. It's my opinion we must draft a DL in case Carradine isn't healthy. TJE showed promise, but there was still a noticeable drop-off between him and the starters. If McDonald or Justin get hurt, I want a player in there who gives me more assurance than our current backups.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Harbs just said Tank had a procedure after the season to clear out scare tissue in his knee. He said he couldn't straighten out his knee before the surgery.

Well that's reassuring. ...There is a reason many of us are not convinced our DL is as "set" for the years to come.

* Justin Smith is 35 and said himself he's not sure he'll be able to do this anymore after this coming season.
* McDonald is rock solid, but he turns 30 this year himself and has been nicked up fairly often.
* Carradine has yet to even step foot on the field for a game -- no one should assume how good he'll be, if any, until we see him play.
* Dial dressed for only three games. He made 1 tackle. 1. He's the 4th string NT/DE. Totally unproven.
* Jerrod-Eddie showed a fair amount of both promise and versatility, but he's still developing and the drop-off was still obvious when he was in, as opposed to the regular starters.

So after our aging starters, all we have really is one big clump of question marks. I don't know about you, but I sure don't want to go into the season with all those eggs in one basket. It's my opinion we must draft a DL in case Carradine isn't healthy. TJE showed promise, but there was still a noticeable drop-off between him and the starters. If McDonald or Justin get hurt, I want a player in there who gives me more assurance than our current backups.

We have Ian coming back
Originally posted by ninerfan52:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

We have Ian coming back

And miraculously we've still got Tomsula!!
Share 49ersWebzone