not a Dr, but i play one on the internets
Originally posted by xcfan:
Originally posted by ninerfan52:
Are you a Dr?

not a Dr, but i play one on the internets

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by niners94:
Can't wait to see this guy. If he turns out to be as good as Baalke thinks, our defense can take a massive step up, which is scary.

Carradine, Dial & Lattimore will have huge impacts this year. Cant wait!

If Latt doesn't we are in trouble.

lol

oh yeah, we are doomed to maybe lose in the NFCC game again. oh the horror
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
dial and impact don't go together in the same sentence. he's slower than o-linemen.
Tank will be a pass rushing beast. I just have question about how he will hold up vs the run.
Originally posted by CougNiner:
Tank will be a pass rushing beast. I just have question about how he will hold up vs the run.

It's an adjustment. No different than Aldon Smith having to learn how to play in space.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by CougNiner:

It's an adjustment. No different than Aldon Smith having to learn how to play in space.

Dont forget Ian Williams is returning. If he can hold the middle, Tank and Aldon will be fine.
Having our team infused with Williams, Carradine, and Dial, even before adding new draft picks, will be a huge boost for this team.

NFL is now all about finding young talent and depth, and extra numbers on the D line is huge.
Originally posted by Existence:
Having our team infused with Williams, Carradine, and Dial, even before adding new draft picks, will be a huge boost for this team.

NFL is now all about finding young talent and depth, and extra numbers on the D line is huge.

I would also add the extra time these guys have had training, rehabbing and learning the pro system from our great team is a major advantage for these young monsters coming into there 2nd year.
Originally posted by Existence:

Absolutely...and don't forget about TJE and even Okoye. That is a ton of depth already and we haven't even touched FA or the draft yet.

If we can get Easley and red shirt him for a year or DLine will be set up for the future.
All the tapes I've seen show Warner (DE?) a few steps faster to the QB that Tank... Not really sure what that means but losing a year with an injury, hopefully this guy pans out

I'm certainly not sold that he will blow things up next year. We'll see I guess, hope for the best
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
All the tapes I've seen show Warner (DE?) a few steps faster to the QB that Tank... Not really sure what that means but losing a year with an injury, hopefully this guy pans out

I'm certainly not sold that he will blow things up next year. We'll see I guess, hope for the best

It means nothing more than Werner is a DE/OLB and Carradine is a DE/DT. Naturally Werner is going to be a step quicker than Tank -- don't read into that at all. If anything you need to compare Carradine with the other interior DL players from FSU.
Originally posted by sfout:
It means nothing more than Werner is a DE/OLB and Carradine is a DE/DT. Naturally Werner is going to be a step quicker than Tank -- don't read into that at all. If anything you need to compare Carradine with the other interior DL players from FSU.

Neither are pure speed rushers anyway. The injury concerns are valid. As fans we have basically assumed Carradine and Lattimore will be long time starters for this club.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
If we can get Easley and red shirt him for a year or DLine will be set up for the future.

This is the move I feel we should make. Because IF Tank turns out to be the guy, we will need a top notch DE to rotate off of the bench. Also, it's no sure thing that Tank will be the replacement, so it would be nice to have another talented DE to compete with Carradine in 2015. I think the 3rd round is the strike zone for drafting Dominique Easley.

Originally posted by Touchdownboy1980:
Originally posted by sfout:

Neither are pure speed rushers anyway. The injury concerns are valid. As fans we have basically assumed Carradine and Lattimore will be long time starters for this club.

I think most people think they will be able to contribute in 2014. I don't know about longterm starters, maybe Carradine more so than Lattimore. I believe they both can, but I'm not certain the board overall thinks it's a foregone conclusion.
Share 49ersWebzone