There are 225 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
He's not good against the run, but he's a beast rushing the passer at FSU. This guy will replace Aldon before he replaces Justin. Tank should stay around his 275lb frame and be used as a pass rusher. The 49ers need to draft a DT to replace Justin.

Huh? He was actually very good against the run. He had 80 tackles as a down DE in 2012.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
He's not good against the run, but he's a beast rushing the passer at FSU. This guy will replace Aldon before he replaces Justin. Tank should stay around his 275lb frame and be used as a pass rusher. The 49ers need to draft a DT to replace Justin.

Huh? He was actually very good against the run. He had 80 tackles as a down DE in 2012.

This, he was actually a beast against the run, his 80 stops were first on the team when he was injured.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
tank is empty
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Going way back on this one. Tank looks like a beefed up version of Ted Hendricks. He covers five yards by stretching out. His frame is freakishly and deceptively LONG.
Originally posted by Geeked:

Going way back on this one. Tank looks like a beefed up version of Ted Hendricks. He covers five yards by stretching out. His frame is freakishly and deceptively LONG.

I think his biggest problem came into effect last year. The guy is physically gifted, but he's RAW. He needs work...but the upside could be huge. He was a juco transfer and only played one year at Florida St.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Feb 5, 2014 at 9:55 AM ]
  • thl408
I really hope Tank can offset the decline that Justin will suffer. In Tomsula I trust.

A little unrelated, but how did Werner look for the Colts? Just wondering as I remember having a conversation with someone here that Tank would have been picked before Werner had it not been for Tank's pre-draft injury.
Justin Smith came to the 49ers weighing in at 275...

1) Tank isn't an OLB.

2) Justin isn't a DT. I know people refer to him that way sometimes, but he's a 3-4 DE.

3) Tank will be coached to play 3-4 DE. He has the ability. You say he sucks against the run and I can say that Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker couldn't block when they were drafted. Its coachable. What isn't coachable is size, athleticism and motor...all of which Tank has in spades.

agreed marv. dont see it as any different than when justin was signed from cincy. he was a 4-3 de and there were questions as to how he would fit in. i'm not saying tank is justin 2.0. mr elephant haley needs a little perspective, although i'm not sure we'll get through, this guy thinks he should be doing the drafting instead of baalke.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
tank is physically maxed-out at his coming-out-of-college weight. i doubt he will be durable and studly trying to play at 280-290. he'd be a better player as a 4-3 de weighing 255-265.

Originally posted by xcfan:
tank is physically maxed-out at his coming-out-of-college weight. i doubt he will be durable and studly trying to play at 280-290. he'd be a better player as a 4-3 de weighing 255-265.

?

What makes you say that? Even if its true, he could play DE at 275.

?

Same stuff was said about Justin Smith when he came out at around 267. They said he would only be a 4'3 DE.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

?

Same stuff was said about Justin Smith when he came out at around 267. They said he would only be a 4'3 DE.

Man we got Tomsula! Nuff said! And please no one bring up Kentwan Balmer
I don't think the Niners are stupid enough to draft a tweener like some are saying. They definitely had a plan in mind making that selection. Can Tank fulfill that promise? Who the f**k knows but I wouldn't bet against Tomsula working his magic.
[ Edited by Nalo9er on Feb 5, 2014 at 8:32 PM ]
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

?

Man we got Tomsula! Nuff said! And please no one bring up Kentwan Balmer

Kentwan was a beast
Share 49ersWebzone