LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 225 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
This should be a funny thread to look back on this time next year
Tank will come in around 290- 295 LBs next year, and look like a pure 3-4 DE
I get why people are mad at this pick I'm a little annoyed by it to but to think positive, It seems his injury is not 100% healed so why put him out there if not fully ready. Luckily at the moment we don't need him that bad. Best case scenario he has this season to sit back and watch and study. Maybe that time will make him that much better next season when fully healthy. I personally think hes going to be a good pass rusher how good I don't know yet. Letting him heal and learn for a year before putting him in might make him a better player we shall see.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Hated this pick. God I hated this pick. Very frusterated about this pick. So he was good enough to run for his pro workouts in April 13' but NOT healthy enough to play in November and December 13'??? whiff.com

Overreact much?

wrong.... overreact not enough.

how many super bowls have we won in the past few years? None.

That means that we are not good enough of a team to pass up on talent that can help us win now (justin Hunter), instead of trading back for a player no one else was drafting that high, for a knee people said was pretty bad, and now he can't even make it on the field a year after his injury

this is just really bad judgement, and its happened more than once. I love Baalke, but he makes some stupid ass choices sometimes, which leads me to believe he's either not the only voice in the room, or he's really bad at drafting WRs, which some people seem to think
[ Edited by Big_Daddy on Dec 11, 2013 at 10:28 AM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by bigwads:
Regardless of anything else this move is disturbing. You know if the coaching staff thought he could contribute and make a difference now this move would not have happened.

who would they have waived/IRed from the non-actives on Sunday besides Carradine?

WR Quinton Patton
CB Tarell Brown
DT Quinton Dial
G Mike Iupati
WR Jon Baldwin
TE Garrett Celek

Only player that a case can even be made for is Jon Baldwin -- every other player is too important.

Iupati -- is the reason why were in this mess and it could mean that he had a setback or another lineman was injured in the game on Sunday
Patton -- If they didn't IR him when he fractured it 3 months ago they wouldn't do it now.
Brown -- Starting corner and they would've shut him down right away if his "internal rib injury" was serious enough
Dial -- Rookie who is our best depth at NT and his injury that he is recovering from is a torn toe ligament, again a lot less serious than an ACL
Celek -- #3 TE in an offense that is obsessed with TEs? also means we want Celek on our roster for playoffs rather than Derek Carrier
Baldwin -- Bust or not, bad game planning or not, Kaepernick not targeting him or not he should have shown something to make plays on the field and he hasn't.

We now have 3 DL backups and 1 on the PS and if we somehow lost multiple DLs in a game we would simply put Aldon and Ahmad as DEs and play our subpackages. Tank was never going to see more than 10 snaps a game which is about the average that our backup DLs play -- why risk playing him if we don't need him?

Great point, thanks for the info. This makes me feel a little better about it.
I think the 49ers are seeing how long its taking guys like Manningham and Crabtree to get back to themselves after a devastating injury and figured there's no reason to think a rookie with no training camp or preseason will be able to be effective if veteran guys who know the system, know what it takes to be effective at this level are struggling to get up to speed. Tank will be just fine. Everything is going according to plan with this kid. I just don't see the problem here.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
I think the 49ers are seeing how long its taking guys like Manningham and Crabtree to get back to themselves after a devastating injury and figured there's no reason to think a rookie with no training camp or preseason will be able to be effective if veteran guys who know the system, know what it takes to be effective at this level are struggling to get up to speed. Tank will be just fine. Everything is going according to plan with this kid. I just don't see the problem here.

this. the plan was to draft him for the following year and thats exactly whats gonna happen. besides, our dline is playing lights out as it is
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
I think Baalke is SOOOO overrated it aint even funny. He did good in the 11' draft with Aldon,Kap and Cully & Kendall. He bombed bombed bombed the 12' Draft (it chapped my arss last night watching Alshon Jeffrey tear the Cowgirls up and Ballke passed him up for AJJ). And in 13' he did good with Reid, Flopped with Tank and Ronald Macdonald. Did okay with Lemon, Patton hasn't shown squat yet even before he got hurt. I LIKED the Lattimore compensatory pick for the future. But there are just as many misses as hits in those 4 drafts the last 4 years with Baalke.

there were six WR's taken before Jeffrey. 6. Blackmon, Floyd, Wright, Jenkins, Quick, Hill. Murderer's Row! Lol. Jeffrey is on a tear but lets not act like Baalke is the one GM who took a s**t WR before Jeffrey was selected, or that Jeffrey was a slam-dunk prospect coming out.

and look at the rest of the Bears 2012 draft class. they hit on one out of 7. whoop de doo.

Draft gurus conveniently ignore that.

HAHA FLOYD has done some nice things this season and Blackmon had a decent rookie year on a SCHIT team and then has had offfield stuff., Wright I never liked him in the 1st round in my mocks anyway so if Wright ever does blow up or pan out, then I would be Wrong about Wright. Bottom line is 49ers had a Golden chance to draft Jefreey at #30 and instead the OVERRATED Baalke went with some skinny, wimpy pathetic WR named AJJ.

So are you saying you'd rather have the Bears draft? Or is it the Jaguars draft you would prefer? Or maybe it's the Titans? And since your argument is that Baalke overall is overrated and not that he had a bad pick in AJ Jenkins or even a bad draft in 2012, are you saying you want to trade the 2010-2013 drafts for the aforementioned teams?
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
Why do people ignore the 2010 draft? He wasnt the GM but he headed that draft because Scott Mcloughan resigned a month or so before the draft. 2010 was good with the exception of Taylor Mays, but that was Singletary's decision.

This is true. He traded up for A. Davis stayed put for Iupati and later traded back for an extra 4th in 2011 that turned into Kendall Hunter . . . BTW he was the NFL Executive of the Year in his first full year as THE MAN. We're lucky to have him.
The team has enough depth are core positions that it feels no need to rush the rehab, recovery and development of a promising young player.
Clearly the only logical response to this news is to panic.

^
Next year is going to be crazy with all the new additions with the draft. Plus we add Lattimore and Tank wow!!! For all the people bashing tank for not playing, its alittle uncalled for. Lets wait till next year and then it will be fair to judge him. Plus with the way TJE is playing, might as well let the young man redshirt and well see him at full strength next year.
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Hated this pick. God I hated this pick. Very frusterated about this pick. So he was good enough to run for his pro workouts in April 13' but NOT healthy enough to play in November and December 13'??? whiff.com

Over reaction, wait for Tank to at least play a snap before you label him a whiff. I was happy with this pick. We are building for the future. As much as I like Cowboy, he cannot play forever. Lighten up dude!

When you have a lot of picks and you know that not many rookies will make your 53, there are three possibilities...trade up and reduce the number of picks, trade some picks into the future, or pick some injured guys to redshirt...Baalke has done all three at different times. Lattimore and Carradine are guys who would have been drafted in the first half of the first round if not injured, making these picks extremely high risk/high reward type guys. If either reaches his potential the risk is worth it, if they both reach their potential then it's a home run...bases loaded!
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
sure would like to read tank's current mri report
Originally posted by 49erCanuck:
The team has enough depth are core positions that it feels no need to rush the rehab, recovery and development of a promising young player.
Clearly the only logical response to this news is to panic.

Guy is 24 years old. Can't wait to long to develop him.
Share 49ersWebzone