LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
He'll be active this Sunday and get some game rebs. Dial will be inactive for Tank to be active. Is it just me, or Dial was hella slow off the line this past Monday? Dude looked like a giant but was really slow getting off the line, IMO.

Is that confirmed with Tank dressing? Every game Dial has played he looks slow as hell to me. Like Gilbert Brown slow. Hopefully he'll be a good run plugger like Brown was, otherwise I don't have much hope for him.
Tony Jerod-Eddie has been playing good... no reason to rush him back. Let him sit a learn next year he can push Dobbs for the last DL spot. Good news is we're going to good upfront for next few years to come.
So where is this guy at already
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
Haven't seen this guy on the field, what number is he anyways?
he wont play until he throws a fit on twitter. seems to be the norm nowadays
I don't think he s been active in any game
Originally posted by lamontb:
Has he been activated though? Like, he is eligible to be active for any game, but he just is a healthy scratch?
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Has he been activated though? Like, he is eligible to be active for any game, but he just is a healthy scratch?

he has been on the Active roster for several weeks but has been Inactive on game days.
Waste of a #40 overall pick, coulda stood at #34 overall and got Zack Ertz and instead of TE Ronald MacDonald, coulda got WR Keenan Allen at #55 overall.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Waste of a #40 overall pick, coulda stood at #34 overall and got Zack Ertz and instead of TE Ronald MacDonald, coulda got WR Keenan Allen at #55 overall.

It's ok for now. He's a rookie coming off a serious injury. Missed all of OTAs and Training Camp.

He's getting a crash course during practices in the middle of the season. If he was a Vet he would have an easier time jumping right in, but with TJE and Dobbs playing well, there is no reason to rush him.

He's being redshirted, like Lattimore.
Exactly. If Dobbs and (especially) TJE weren't playing at the level they are, I'm sure they would rush Carradine before he's ready. But there's no real reason to, and taking their time with him ensures 1) that he'll be more healthy and less injury-prone and 2) he gets to participate in OTAs and learn the defense through and through. Which is exactly what we want for someone with the potential to take over for Justin Smith.

Not only am I okay with the decision, I'm in favor of the decision. It's smart football, and its a luxury afforded to us by other smart moves made by this F.O. Few other teams can afford to bring talents like Carradine and Lattimore along. We can, and our team will be better off for it.

Any idiot claiming that he's a bust because he tore his ACL in college should go root for teams with no depth that force players to come back too quickly from injury, like Washington.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

It's ok for now. He's a rookie coming off a serious injury. Missed all of OTAs and Training Camp.

He's getting a crash course during practices in the middle of the season. If he was a Vet he would have an easier time jumping right in, but with TJE and Dobbs playing well, there is no reason to rush him.

Exactly. Plus, TJE is playing out of his mind right now. It seems that when guys come to our DL, they hit the weights like fiends. RJF was kind of soft when he came out but became a weight room monster. What with Justin Smith and McDonald and Sopoaga on the team. Dial and Carradine will be fine. Hell, I think Tomsula can make anybody a stud DE with enough time LOL. I think we will be pleasantly surprised too with Okoye. That guy looked like a monster on the sidelines today and Okoye is Tomsula's special project. With TJE, Williams, Dial, Carradine, and Okoye (and Dorsey too) we have a good core for when Justin finally hangs em up.

It was great to see him do the same thing (almost) that he did to Brees in the playoffs.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Exactly. Plus, TJE is playing out of his mind right now. It seems that when guys come to our DL, they hit the weights like fiends. RJF was kind of soft when he came out but became a weight room monster. What with Justin Smith and McDonald and Sopoaga on the team. Dial and Carradine will be fine. Hell, I think Tomsula can make anybody a stud DE with enough time LOL. I think we will be pleasantly surprised too with Okoye. That guy looked like a monster on the sidelines today and Okoye is Tomsula's special project. With TJE, Williams, Dial, Carradine, and Okoye (and Dorsey too) we have a good core for when Justin finally hangs em up.

It was great to see him do the same thing (almost) that he did to Brees in the playoffs.

The depth on the d line has proven to be pretty crazy this year considering we were so thin last. Kudos to the front office for addressing it with the quickness.
PhillyNiner
The depth on the d line has proven to be pretty crazy this year considering we were so thin last. Kudos to the front office for addressing it

This and that's why I think Baalke/JH will take care of the WR position next draft/FA.
Share 49ersWebzone