There are 285 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Hoping he plays vs Brees. NO will pass the ball about 40 times this game so we might as well get after the QB
welp,

hope this dude plays well for KC next year and nets us a 2nd rounder

lol
  • irief
  • Veteran
Something's not adding up in this situation. They didn't even put him in last night during garbage time. Him missing training camp isn't a good reason for his lack of playing time, because he's playing DE. He's not playing FS, where he maybe expected to orchestrate some plays. Don't think he needs an entire training camp for him to come in during obvious passing downs during garbage time. He just needs to get after the QB in this situation, which doesn't require a Bill Walsh like understanding of the playbook.

Either his knee is in worse shape than was previously believed, or his talent isn't up to par, or he's not acclimating to the NFL, or he's in the coach's dog house. Just some theories.
Two words ...VIC FANGIO

Vic isnt going to let him play until he is damn good and ready .....if we were in dire need of D-Line help, Tank would be in there ...but he needs to put in the work before he hits the field
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
It is, what it is. He'll be ready, when he is ready. I got one more for you.

He is not where he needs to be, but when he is, he'll be here.
  • irief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fropwns:
It is, what it is. He'll be ready, when he is ready. I got one more for you.

He is not where he needs to be, but when he is, he'll be here.

Based on what? That's the million dollar question. If his knee is OK now and he's playing with the same level explosiveness from college, then he should be more than ready to get after the QB.

I get the feeling that he's still building confidence in the knee, and the explosiveness isn't quite there yet.
Waste of a pick, Hope i'm wrong. He's a pass rushing 6'4 275lb DE and theyre trying to make him a runstopping 3/4 DE. Its not his style. His style is a Pass Rusher using his athletic ability. If they mis use him, it wont work. They need to atleast unleash him on some passing downs.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Waste of a pick, Hope i'm wrong. He's a pass rushing 6'4 275lb DE and theyre trying to make him a runstopping 3/4 DE. Its not his style. His style is a Pass Rusher using his athletic ability. If they mis use him, it wont work. They need to atleast unleash him on some passing downs.

With that logic, Lattimore was a waste of a pick as well because he wont see the field for one play this year. We drafted some guys that were hurt and are banking on them for the long term, not that thats ever worked out for us before, I mean that Gire guy was such a waste of a pick.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Don't jump the gun before you've even seen him play a single snap.
[ Edited by Hopper on Nov 26, 2013 at 7:07 AM ]
He was inactive yesterday, so they couldn't just throw him in there during garbage time. lol

I'm frustrated with this situation also but one thing this organization has done well is take care of players. I believe players like Hunter, Manningham and a couple others who sustained serious injuries came back at the right time. It's the biggest reason I'm really excited for Crabtree to come back, I think he's going to take a week or 2 to get into full stride and really do some damage for us this season. Tank is a big time talent, at first, I was puzzled why we suited up Dial so quickly and not Tank but really that was because we had a need at NT and Dial's injury wasn't nearly as serious as Tanks. With the way TJE and even Dobbs are playing, Tank isn't a necessity like Dial was (still the only real NT depth we have). Tank will play this season and by next year will be a force.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
He was inactive yesterday, so they couldn't just throw him in there during garbage time. lol

But in Madden, the OP threw him in and he tore it up!
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

This

Way too early to come to this conclusion. He was bigger than Justin Smith coming out of college, about same as RayMac. He's strong as hell, with amazing quickness and moves. Best chance to replace Justin in a long time.

Still balls deep in Margus Hunt, I see.

How is Hunt doing these days?

The defensive line is playing at a high level and you're b***hing about a development pick.
Share 49ersWebzone