LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 336 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
What number is Tank..i bet he will get a couple plays..

Tank #95 in the arsenal
I think we see him sub in for brooks who hasn't been too productive on passing downs
I tore my ACL 11 months ago. I can run but cutting is scary and I can't imagine taking on 300+ pound linemen for at least a few more months.

Give this kid some time and I'm sure he'll be fine. I remember watching his pre draft video when my leg really hurt and I couldn't imagine doing the things he was doing and if you notice he was nervous too but had the toughness to push through. He'll be ok give him a few more weeks to get comfortable with dudes hitting him again.
[ Edited by Tripthe3rd on Nov 7, 2013 at 8:00 PM ]
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
What number is Tank..i bet he will get a couple plays..

Tank #95 in the arsenal

Thanks.. I will be looking for his number at the game...eyes not so good anymore but I can make out numbers
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Thats kinda the point in having depth

if they don't get their feet wet we just have bodies.

run 1 group into the ground then call on the next. need a rotation so we can come in waves and have the offense upset. he's been way better about substitution this season though that's for sure. hopefully the trend continues even more along the line.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I think we see him sub in for brooks who hasn't been too productive on passing downs

Possibly when brooks puts his hand in the ground. But Tank isnt playing OLB.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Originally posted by lamontb:

Possibly when brooks puts his hand in the ground. But Tank isnt playing OLB.

This. Tank will sub for Smith or McDonald. He is a DT in our scheme not an OLB.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Harbaugh did day himself that Tank would be the first player activated and he was and we all know how giddy Tomsula was when we drafted Tank. It leaves me to wonder about Fangio and his preference for veterans but what do I know? Absolutely nothing but I just want to ensure we don't wear ourselves thin as we seemed to have done late last season on our front 7. Use this depth baby!

You have coaches who really like to work in players thinking getting your non-starters time in game will make them better and help you more in the future. Then you got coaches who just want to run the front line in and see the non-starters as just not putting your best foot always forward and is risking losing.

My guess is Fangio is the latter.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Thats kinda the point in having depth

if they don't get their feet wet we just have bodies.

run 1 group into the ground then call on the next. need a rotation so we can come in waves and have the offense upset. he's been way better about substitution this season though that's for sure. hopefully the trend continues even more along the line.

I see what you mean. In game substitutions. Yeah, I think Fangio is too afraid they will make a mistake compared to the starters.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
when we gonna see what this foo can do?

Originally posted by Tripthe3rd:
I tore my ACL 11 months ago. I can run but cutting is scary and I can't imagine taking on 300+ pound linemen for at least a few more months.

Give this kid some time and I'm sure he'll be fine. I remember watching his pre draft video when my leg really hurt and I couldn't imagine doing the things he was doing and if you notice he was nervous too but had the toughness to push through. He'll be ok give him a few more weeks to get comfortable with dudes hitting him again.

My son tore 2 of the 3 there in your knee including the acl late in the season in freshman ball and was dominating JV players to the point that they stepped him up to varsity Oline during summer practices the following year. That was only like 7 months afterward. He has had no issues since and is now a senior and looking at full scholarship offers for next fall.

It's amazing what your body can do when you are super dedicated to your rehab, but having said that I tend to agree with you. Bring him along slowly, we don't "need" him right now and he could be a real asset come January.
I just hope Tank is ready by the time we play Seattle.
Originally posted by SFrush:

he isnt playing today? or is he?
Originally posted by ads_2006:
he isnt playing today? or is he?

I don't believe so, he should be inactive, or at least that has been the expectation all week.
Originally posted by SFrush:

Share 49ersWebzone