LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GEEK:
The return of Aldon Smith and Dial's first game already under his belt, we don't need to rush Carradine.

I agree with this but I'm still disappointed.....IMO, why not just have Dobbs be inactive and give Tank his plays? Plenty of time I know, but I want to see Tank on the field sooooo bad.
tank needs to play. he's been off for a year he's been saying he was ready since camp. baptized by fire he plays defense. let him go out there and mix it up a little bit. hit folks and run around the yard
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by GEEK:
The return of Aldon Smith and Dial's first game already under his belt, we don't need to rush Carradine.

I agree with this but I'm still disappointed.....IMO, why not just have Dobbs be inactive and give Tank his plays? Plenty of time I know, but I want to see Tank on the field sooooo bad.

a handful of snaps is not going to lose us the game. Nothing like game speed to get you up to speed.
i agree with you wholeheartedly.
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
a handful of snaps is not going to lose us the game. Nothing like game speed to get you up to speed.

I think it's Fangio. He likes micromanage everything and this is very typical if him. Tank would probably be more effective but fangio doesn't like guys walking onto his team. Hopefully harbaugh forc the issue. 10 snaps are exactly what tank needs.
Originally posted by eonblue:

I think it's Fangio. He likes micromanage everything and this is very typical if him. Tank would probably be more effective but fangio doesn't like guys walking onto his team. Hopefully harbaugh forc the issue. 10 snaps are exactly what tank needs.

Harbaugh did day himself that Tank would be the first player activated and he was and we all know how giddy Tomsula was when we drafted Tank. It leaves me to wonder about Fangio and his preference for veterans but what do I know? Absolutely nothing but I just want to ensure we don't wear ourselves thin as we seemed to have done late last season on our front 7. Use this depth baby!
Originally posted by eonblue:

Dial took all of 3 practices to be active on gamedays.
This guy hasn't played a snap of football in nearly a year. He's probably rusty as hell and what better way for him to shake off the rust than give him a few snaps this Sunday? Gotta happen sooner rather than later. Fangio's stubbornness when it comes to rookies is unbelievable...
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Nov 7, 2013 at 3:56 PM ]
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
This guy hasn't played a snap of football in nearly a year. He's probably rusty as hell and what better way for him to shake off the rust than give him a few snaps this Sunday? Gotta happen sooner rather than later. Fangio's stubbornness when it comes to rookies is unbelievable...

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

put him in for Ray Mac on downs that Aldon is also in and he'd be getting 1v1s cause of Aldon, Brooks and Justin. Great way to get your feet wet after a year away from game speed.
i dont understand why this guy is not ready yet lol

Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
i dont understand why this guy is not ready yet lol

Knee injuries are tough. I think his was one of those really bad ones.
Dial took all of 3 practices to be active on gamedays.

Totally different sitch. Come on your memory can't be that short.

Dorsey strained a ham and we needed a NT. I bet Fangio was opposed to the idea too but I have nothing to back that up.

I would like to see Tank over dobbs or tje but if he can't execute the run scheme then I won't be hurt.
its funny we always want depth the coaches preach depth but fangio doesn't really want that. lol

depth to him isn't giving guys opportunities in games, its having them wait until someone gets hurt then you get in there and hopefully do good
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
its funny we always want depth the coaches preach depth but fangio doesn't really want that. lol

depth to him isn't giving guys opportunities in games, its having them wait until someone gets hurt then you get in there and hopefully do good

Thats kinda the point in having depth
i feel like he is going to play a little and they are just being quiet about the situation..we all know this staff keeps pretty much everything in house and doesn't let the media get detailed information. they are probably going to decide the night before whether or not he is ready.
[ Edited by Eastcoastniner on Nov 7, 2013 at 6:58 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone