LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
They had like 18 yards rushing for the game I think.

Yup, and on 19 attempts. They averaged less than 1 yard per carry lol.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

They haven't been able to run the ball against anyone this year. Take it from a guy that drafted their starting RB for my fantasy team ... statistics against St. Louis are not an accurate barometer of how good our run defense actually is.
Originally posted by midrdan:

They haven't been able to run the ball against anyone this year. Take it from a guy that drafted their starting RB for my fantasy team ... statistics against St. Louis are not an accurate barometer of how good our run defense actually is.

Agreed. But on the same note our defense has not has the support that OUR run game provides to them as far as giving them breaks between series and making sure they aren't ass deep in their own territory to start a defensive drive.
Originally posted by midrdan:

Yup. Their run game, or lack thereof, is atrocious
The part I'm wondering about is that Tank tore his ACL the day before Kyle Williams ripped his but has yet to see the practice field, at least I haven't heard of that, while K Williams is back to playing with the team. I get that each rehab is different but does anyone know if there was more to Carradine's injury than a simple ACL reconstruction?
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
The part I'm wondering about is that Tank tore his ACL the day before Kyle Williams ripped his but has yet to see the practice field, at least I haven't heard of that, while K Williams is back to playing with the team. I get that each rehab is different but does anyone know if there was more to Carradine's injury than a simple ACL reconstruction?

Can't practice till week 6
Originally posted by pitseleh:

Can't practice till week 6
Gracias!

I can't find it but didn't mm or b-rows report that he was still getting swelling in his knee round the time camp broke?
Originally posted by outside4949:

I can't find it but didn't mm or b-rows report that he was still getting swelling in his knee round the time camp broke?
Sounds like a good reason to back off the rehab for a while. Hope they get him back soon.

Probably takes a lineman longer to recover then a WR, or, his knee isn't right like some reported at the time of the draft.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Probably takes a lineman longer to recover then a WR, or, his knee isn't right like some reported at the time of the draft.

Hopefully it's had long enough to get right. I was under the impression he was on schedule but Baalke/Harbaugh felt more confidant handing him over to the doctors for the next 3 months instead of letting him participate in training camp.

Either way he can still produce. Don't get discouraged guys. He a natural pass rusher so he may come in with a reduced role but he will still have an affect on the game.

[ Edited by eonblue on Oct 1, 2013 at 7:55 PM ]
Sounds like the Niners are paying now for the shortcuts Tank's rehab team took to get him ready for the draft-

"Prior to the draft, many NFL teams believed there were some shortcuts taken in Carradine's rehabilitation to get him ready quickly. It appears as if the 49ers restarted Carradine's rehabilitation after selecting him in the second round – similar to what they've done with running back Marcus Lattimore (more on him later).

Carradine continues to rehab daily at the 49ers' practice facility. He should be available to being practicing shortly after Week 6, too. The 49ers have no plan to rush him onto the field, but he can be a contributor down the stretch with his ability to play anywhere on the defensive line (except nose tackle) in base or nickel."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-injury-updates-dial-could-be-backup-nt-late-season

Nothing more or different, the Niners just had him start his rehab over after they drafted him, hence the delay.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Oct 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Nothing more or different, the Niners just had him start his rehab over after they drafted him, hence the delay.

Hoov hit the nail on the head. If you invest a 2nd round pick and millions of dollars in a player who is injured you will treat it as if he got injured the day you drafted him.Completely restart their rehab to protect your investment.

Lattimore thinks he can at least practice right now, if not play, but the 9ers have blatantly said that they restarted the rehab according to their team doctors. It is an approach that every professional sports franchise should use when investing in injured players.
Originally posted by sfout:
Hoov hit the nail on the head. If you invest a 2nd round pick and millions of dollars in a player who is injured you will treat it as if he got injured the day you drafted him.Completely restart their rehab to protect your investment.

Lattimore thinks he can at least practice right now, if not play, but the 9ers have blatantly said that they restarted the rehab according to their team doctors. It is an approach that every professional sports franchise should use when investing in injured players.

Absolutely agree with the first statement too. Sitting him out training camp and the first 6 weeks of the season means the doctors, trainers, and coaches got to handle things their own way.
Share 49ersWebzone