LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
How funny, ask and you shall receive...MM put up an article/video about them today. Sounds like both will end up red-shirted along with Lattimore this year. And like you guys pointed out, the silver lining is that we, right now, have the freedom to red shirt all these guys.

In the short run, it frustrates me not to see Tank and Dial play this year, but in the long run, it certainly makes sense to keep other good players on our D-line that would have been cut and let Tank and Dial heal to 100%.
Originally posted by NCommand:
How funny, ask and you shall receive...MM put up an article/video about them today. Sounds like both will end up red-shirted along with Lattimore this year. And like you guys pointed out, the silver lining is that we, right now, have the freedom to red shirt all these guys.

We have so much talent we might as well be recruiting like a college factory. Quality and quantity. Like that.
Originally posted by bdub2588:
We have so much talent we might as well be recruiting like a college factory. Quality and quantity. Like that.

It's an absurd amount of talent when you think about it. Say Ian Williams continues his strong play and RayMac and Justin Smith stay at the same level, or even have a slight decline, they would still be better than almost any 3-4 front in the NFL. To have a player like Tank coming in next season, with a year in the system already? Wow. I do hope he can play some this year however.
Will they put tank on IR so he might be recalled during the year if needed? He is still rehabbing 24/7 right?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
this doot will be a fuggin' beast. just get healthy
He undoubtedly tweaked or re-tore his ACL trying to perform for the combine. He was mostly healed up by then and 4 months later he's far from returning? Nothing anyone's logic is going to do to convince me of otherwise. Lol

Maybe.

I think they don't want to rush him. Especially with the way haralason has returned.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
He undoubtedly tweaked or re-tore his ACL trying to perform for the combine. He was mostly healed up by then and 4 months later he's far from returning? Nothing anyone's logic is going to do to convince me of otherwise. Lol

Maybe.

I think they don't want to rush him. Especially with the way haralason has returned.

Yeah. I think its a situation where he CAN run on the knee, but resting it allows it to heal 100%, and it allows us to keep another good DLman on the roster where he can't get plucked by another team.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Maybe.

Yeah. I think its a situation where he CAN run on the knee, but resting it allows it to heal 100%, and it allows us to keep another good DLman on the roster where he can't get plucked by another team.

I think he's somewhat in a situation like Lattimore (although lattimore's injury is far greater). He COULD play, but why risk it? We've banked on this guy having a long career with us, why risk that whole career now to add depth to a position that is already really deep.
I don't get it. Now a days rokkie contracts are 4 years, lets say this Tank misses and red shirts this year, what happens next year in 2014 if he has just a so so "rookie" year? What i'm saying is I think the 49ers shoulda waited til round 3 for this guy and if he was gone by then then so be it. This guy wont see the field this season. Another draft pick since 12' that wont contribute as a Rookie. Coulda had DE Margus Hunt who is bing called a "Star" so far in Camp.
Guarantee he'll play later on in the year, all this is just precaution. Dude was running 40's and cutting on that knee during pre draft workouts, our organization doesn't rush rookies unless they're ready to contribute and are 100% healthy. We're not some sorry ass team with no talent where were starving for talent.

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Guarantee he'll play later on in the year, all this is just precaution. Dude was running 40's and cutting on that knee during pre draft workouts, our organization doesn't rush rookies unless they're ready to contribute and are 100% healthy. We're not some sorry ass team with no talent where were starving for talent.

Agreed, there is no way the coaching staff would let a healthy Tank sit on the bench during a playoff run. We would want all the pass rushers we could get and keep them all fresh throughout each game.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I don't get it. Now a days rokkie contracts are 4 years, lets say this Tank misses and red shirts this year, what happens next year in 2014 if he has just a so so "rookie" year? What i'm saying is I think the 49ers shoulda waited til round 3 for this guy and if he was gone by then then so be it. This guy wont see the field this season. Another draft pick since 12' that wont contribute as a Rookie. Coulda had DE Margus Hunt who is bing called a "Star" so far in Camp.

He wouldn't have been around in the 3rd. They can call Hunt whatever they want but you can't compare the two until the season starts. If you would like to legitimately compare the two look at their college tape. It's pretty clear we picked the right guy. This red shirt nonsense is overstated. They're look at him as a long term replacement so they're treating him as such. If he starts on IR he can be taken off by week 6. Wait till then to damn the organization.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

Every camp has a "star." We need to stop this grass is always greener mentality. We may not pick every top player in the draft, however, what team has a better outlook, present or future than the 49ers?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Every camp has a "star." We need to stop this grass is always greener mentality. We may not pick every top player in the draft, however, what team has a better outlook, present or future than the 49ers?

"no one has it better!"
I just want to see him play
Share 49ersWebzone