LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 151 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Extra year at a big school. More games played and more sacks. Probably a little easier for him to go from 4-3 DE to 3-4 OLB, Tank is gonna have to put on 15 or 20 pounds and play 3-4 DE. Though I expect him to play all over this year.
For a while Werner was talked about as a top 5 pick. Carradine without the injury could've probably been a top 15 pick. If Brandon Jenkins never got injured though then he would have likely gone before Carradine. I think both will be great players.

Carradine without the injury would have easily been in the discussion to be in the Top 10. As before, Werner, more polished and experienced now, but a more limited upside than Carradine. Take away that knee injury and Carradine would have gone before Werner.

The real question is would Tank have gone before Jordan without the knee injury?

I agree he would have gone in the top ten. He did 32 reps at 225 lbs ran a 4.6 region at 273 pounds. He is bigger than Dion Jordan and he had more production 11.0 sacks and 13.0 tackles for loss in just 11 games in 2012 versus 5 sacks for Jordan.
Just like Jenkins he hasn't done anything in the preseason and is therefore a bust and should be cut.
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Just like Jenkins he hasn't done anything in the preseason and is therefore a bust and should be cut.

Dayum!!
I'm not even going to think about Tank until next year. Judging by Fangio's past, he's got a lot to prove before he even sees the field.
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:
I'm not even going to think about Tank until next year. Judging by Fangio's past, he's got a lot to prove before he even sees the field.

You may have a point sir!! Aldon didn't see real live game action until week 5 and he was a #7 overall pick and healthy at the time
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

You may have a point sir!! Aldon didn't see real live game action until week 5 and he was a #7 overall pick and healthy at the time

And he's an HOF type talent.
[ Edited by sweetDwilly on Aug 11, 2013 at 4:17 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Extra year at a big school. More games played and more sacks. Probably a little easier for him to go from 4-3 DE to 3-4 OLB, Tank is gonna have to put on 15 or 20 pounds and play 3-4 DE. Though I expect him to play all over this year.
For a while Werner was talked about as a top 5 pick. Carradine without the injury could've probably been a top 15 pick. If Brandon Jenkins never got injured though then he would have likely gone before Carradine. I think both will be great players.

Carradine without the injury would have easily been in the discussion to be in the Top 10. As before, Werner, more polished and experienced now, but a more limited upside than Carradine. Take away that knee injury and Carradine would have gone before Werner.

If Jenkins hadn't been hurt Carradine would've been lucky to be a 3rd rounder. I think 10-15 I still think Jordan, Ansah, and Mingo would have probably gone before him. I think Jordan has higher potential and will put up more sacks just because he'll be playing OLB and not 3-4 DE.
Here's to hoping Carradine will be as good as Justin Smith and JJ Watt. I think he can.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Aug 11, 2013 at 7:11 PM ]
If Jenkins hadn't been hurt Carradine would've been lucky to be a 3rd rounder. I think 10-15 I still think Jordan, Ansah, and Mingo would have probably gone before him. I think Jordan has higher potential and will put up more sacks just because he'll be playing OLB and not 3-4 DE.
Here's to hoping Carradine will be as good as Justin Smith and JJ Watt. I think he can.

That statement doesn't seem to jive with your draft choice assessment. Justin is a boarder line HOFer and Watt is the best defensive lineman I've ever seen (no hyperbole).

That statement doesn't seem to jive with your draft choice assessment. Justin is a boarder line HOFer and Watt is the best defensive lineman I've ever seen (no hyperbole).

I loved the pick. Im just saying that if he hadn't gotten the chance to start due to Jenkins injury then he wouldn't have gone so high. I'd rather have him than Jordan, Ansah, and Mingo because we already have GREAT OLB's. Aldon is better than all three and I think Lemonier will be as good as Mingo and better than Ansah.

Watt had the best season ever for a DL and while I expect him to be all pro and DPOY candidate several times in his career, I don't expect another season quite as good as last year. Dude is a total stud.
I loved the pick. Im just saying that if he hadn't gotten the chance to start due to Jenkins injury then he wouldn't have gone so high. I'd rather have him than Jordan, Ansah, and Mingo because we already have GREAT OLB's. Aldon is better than all three and I think Lemonier will be as good as Mingo and better than Ansah.

Watt had the best season ever for a DL and while I expect him to be all pro and DPOY candidate several times in his career, I don't expect another season quite as good as last year. Dude is a total stud.

He made grown NFL lineman look like 4th string pee-wee football rejects. I hate to swing on non-Niner players, but it was insane how dominant he was last year. However, I think Aldon might end up being more productive longer.

OK guys, so today MM said Carradine was hurt on November 24th, I believe. This is month 9 now...what exactly did he do that is prompting Fangio to continually state there is no timetable for him to even get to start practicing? And what is up with Dial's toe too?
Originally posted by NCommand:
OK guys, so today MM said Carradine was hurt on November 24th, I believe. This is month 9 now...what exactly did he do that is prompting Fangio to continually state there is no timetable for him to even get to start practicing? And what is up with Dial's toe too?

worth noting (and yes i'm aware of the differences in their bodies) that kyle williams basically tore his acl on the same day as tank (give or take a day)
delete
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Aug 13, 2013 at 3:17 PM ]
And he's an HOF type talent.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by NCommand:

I think it was a similar situation to Lattimore, where Tank rushed his rehab to be ready for the draft but the Niners are having him dial it back and let it heal the way they prefer, then dial him up later in the season. As for Dial, I have no idea.

Thankfully we have the personnel in front of these guys on the depth chart to allow for them to heal for an extended period of time and keep them on the PUP list.
Share 49ersWebzone