LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 295 users in the forums

Is Mark Sanchez really that bad?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Poor Sanchez. He was so clutch in the Jets 2 playoff runs.

He started off fast. His post season stats:

95/157 for 60% completion
9 TD
3 INT
94.3 rating
1155 yards (7.3 YPA)

Not sure wtf happened. Maybe he ca resurrect his career but i doubt it.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 12, 2013 at 4:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

9 TD
3 INT
94.3 rating
1155 yards (7.3 YPA)

It's because he protected the ball, didn't make risky throws and had a real good defense back then. Somehow he got full of himself and thought he was more than what he is - a game manager QB. Then the Tebow acquisition and the accompanying media circus had to be like a suckerpunch to Sanchez, even though he'd never admit it. Now he says there's no doubt he won the starting QB job this preseason. Well actually you didn't Mark or else that decision would have been made clear by the end of preseason.
Originally posted by ninerjok:

9 TD
3 INT
94.3 rating
1155 yards (7.3 YPA)

It's because he protected the ball, didn't make risky throws and had a real good defense back then. Somehow he got full of himself and thought he was more than what he is - a game manager QB. Then the Tebow acquisition and the accompanying media circus had to be like a suckerpunch to Sanchez, even though he'd never admit it. Now he says there's no doubt he won the starting QB job this preseason. Well actually you didn't Mark or else that decision would have been made clear by the end of preseason.

Yeah. That was probably his ceiling.
Originally posted by ninerjok:

9 TD
3 INT
94.3 rating
1155 yards (7.3 YPA)

That is bc he had a great line and rushing offense, along with a great defense masking his weaknesses.

Sound familiar?

9 TD
3 INT
94.3 rating
1155 yards (7.3 YPA)

I don't think Sanchez is all that great, but he did show some promise. Problem is the Jets are terribly run. The talent around him is weak. Then they go and get Sporano who was a complete dunce. No excuses, though...Mark has made some really dumb decisions..he has a weak arm and is not accurate. I'm not going to baby him like other people do with other QBs.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
NFL Draft rule #1: Do not draft a QB from USC.
Originally posted by Jcool:
NFL Draft rule #1: Do not draft a QB from USC.

• kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
That is bc he had a great line and rushing offense, along with a great defense masking his weaknesses.

Sound familiar?

He had some good receivers too.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo

Mark Sanchez released by Jets. Since he entered the NFL in 2009, no qualified QB has posted a worse Total QBR than his 36.1
Guess that answers the question posted in the thread title.....
[ Edited by aTx49er on Mar 21, 2014 at 3:37 PM ]

Originally posted by Jcool:
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo

Mark Sanchez released by Jets. Since he entered the NFL in 2009, no qualified QB has posted a worse Total QBR than his 36.1

Sign him.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
would rather have him than plain gabbert
Bet he goes to the Rams as a backup QB.
Originally posted by susweel:
would rather have him than plain gabbert

Fun stats for the day:

Sanchez's 36.1 total QBR since 2009 is the worst in the league among those who qualify.

Gabbert had a QBR of 1.8 in 2013......1.8......LOL

Granted, Gabbert only played 3 games but that is shockingly awful. I guess the thinking here is that Gabbert isn't completely ruined. Only 3 years in the league, he might be worth saving.

Sanchez is just too far gone, there is no hope for him. Like David Carr, he's been traumatized.
Butt fumble
Share 49ersWebzone