There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Mark Sanchez really that bad?

Sanchez is a USC QB. Nuff said.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
The Redzone ‏@TheRedzoneorg

Sources: Jets to consider releasing Sanchez http://tinyurl.com/dyjmn9o ; #NFL #Jets
Originally posted by Beeker:
Sanchez is a USC QB. Nuff said.

THIS!!!

USC sucks
Geno beats out sanchize in TC.
He really shouldn't be anything higher than a backup to a s**tty QB on a s**tty team
He is one of the worst starting QB's in the Nfl. I don't care if he went to the AFC championship game. He had a amazing Defense If the jets had a real QB during those 2 years they would of won the superbowls. They still almost beat the Steelers in the AFC championship game with a pathetic QB
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
dude has never had a great running game.
he has never had good receivers

he has a horrendous coach

he is Alex Smith 2.0
Geno Smith will be even worse.
Dude really sucks, horrible inaccurate passer, he doesn't lack weapons on offense he's had those, he's got a domminate oline, he's got a good running game and did nothing Shaun Green and Lt. What he lacks is talent himself. Geno will be the starter soon enough. Should be the number two, I doubt Tim tebow beats him out.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Apr 27, 2013 at 4:13 AM ]
  • vaden
  • Veteran
I've said many times here he was ridiculously overrated when the Jets were winning and he's taken too much blame for their subsequent downfall. The fact is their defense has severely declined, as has their running game. The GM did almost nothing to help the offense. That said, Sanchez is terribly inaccurate, has shown zero improvement in accuracy over 4 seasons, and that's 100% his fault. I wouldn't even want him as a 3rd stringer.
[ Edited by vaden on Apr 27, 2013 at 4:51 AM ]
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
A QB who played efficient Bc his weaknesses were masked with a strong run game and great defense.

Am I talking about Smith or Sanchez?

Sanchez was never even close to efficient. His career high in completion pct. is 56.7% despite playing in a conservative offense.
Originally posted by vaden:
A QB who played efficient Bc his weaknesses were masked with a strong run game and great defense.

Am I talking about Smith or Sanchez?

Sanchez was never even close to efficient. His career high in completion pct. is 56.7% despite playing in a conservative offense.

in the playoffs he is over 60% and over a 93 QB rating
Originally posted by Garcia:
dude has never had a great running game.
he has never had good receivers

he has a horrendous coach

he is Alex Smith 2.0

I think you can make the same arguments, for sure. I don't want this turning into a A.Smith thread, though. Personally, the Jets are ass. I think Sanchez is better than what we have seen over the last year or so. I can say last year he was put in a position to fail. I've never seen a QB get so worked over like that. They took away his weapons...they brought in a backup who was supposed to overtake him. They got him a terrible OC that was better suited for the backup QB. Line was poop...running game was poop (Green sucks). TE always injured. He got dealt a really bad hand. At least he got paid, though.
in the playoffs he is over 60% and over a 93 QB rating

Yes. He's been good in the playoffs. He's 4-2 and has played well in both AFC Championship games. Dog him all you want, but the guy plays well in the playoffs and has been clutch.
I purchased Game Pass from NFL.com and I've been watching games from 2009 - 2012. I've viewed Sanchez take the Jets to the AFC Championship his first two years. In my estimation he was better than average, the game tape shows it. The situation has deteriorated quickly in NJ and Sanchez was left standing when the music stopped. Little or no coaching, a HC that thinks like his old man that offense is a dirty word and Sanchez is left out to dry. His only hope is to leave town and find a team that will let him sit for a year or two, like Oakland did with Jim Plunkett, and maybe he can have a career again. But, it appears unlikely.