LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • ethan
  • Veteran
I think the distraction of a holdout hurts more than the loss of the player's services. In most cases there isn't a huge difference between the starter and the backup in terms of performance, but when it is a respected veteran like Davis holding out, it becomes the focus of all the attention and can be harmful to team chemistry. That is the point where the team is better off trading the player.
Originally posted by ethan:
There might not be a choice, I don't think they're going to cave to Davis if he sits out.

If VD sits out for the entire season, his brand is going to be flushed down the toilet.
Well, well, with the impending hold out, we should call you "Big Chance, Vance" Good luck, hope you have been working the jugs machine.
Originally posted by swayze:
Ask ethan...2/3 of the players in the league are roided up. It's science. I blame the Colombian HGH trafficking cartels

I blame dat dere Cell Tech.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jun 24, 2014 at 6:55 AM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
If VD sits out for the entire season, his brand is going to be flushed down the toilet.

He'll be a 31 year old TE with a year out of football and whose game depends almost entirely on his athleticism. I don't think it would turn out all too well for him.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
in my madden franchise, VD got hurt so my main TE is McDonald. Dude drops EVERYTHING! Madden is so realistic now it's crazy.
I am not worried about VD holding out or missing games due to contract issues. What i am worried about is whether Vance can step up his game from being just a blocker, to a TE who can block AND run some patterns to pick up some 1st downs. Defenses will be focusing on VD, Crabs, Boldin, Gore, and Kaep, so Vance should have ample opportunities to get open,make catches, and create some big plays for us.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
in my madden franchise, VD got hurt so my main TE is McDonald. Dude drops EVERYTHING! Madden is so realistic now it's crazy.

Really? I must be getting old. Everyone talk about Madden, and I have never even seen it live, let alone played it. Using a video game as the main analysis tool would explain a lot of the WZ takes though.
[ Edited by Bluesbro on Jun 24, 2014 at 9:13 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
We ain't trading VD for anything less than a kings ransom. He will be here by training camp at some point

of course this is the truth
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Coach knows his talent and when he passed on Fleener and then picked Vance, I was shocked. He knows something we don't. Besides, vance DID have a great yr blocking. I guess that is the JH rite of passage. No passes until you learn to block at RB or TE. Miller, Vernon, FRank, all learned to block before they got passes. Vern was targeted early but he had a lot of just hard blocking games too. Man I wish he would just get this behind him, and sign.

I'll buy what you are selling!

• Giedi
  • Veteran
We ain't trading VD for anything less than a kings ransom. He will be here by training camp at some point

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

thank god for two smart guys around here i got mad with our own fans making stuff up about vernon like he is out of shape and is scared of people like stevie we brought in. sometimes if a lie gets repeated enough it becomes fact and thank god there are a few people here who can see the forest through the trees
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
I am not worried about VD holding out or missing games due to contract issues. What i am worried about is whether Vance can step up his game from being just a blocker, to a TE who can block AND run some patterns to pick up some 1st downs. Defenses will be focusing on VD, Crabs, Boldin, Gore, and Kaep, so Vance should have ample opportunities to get open,make catches, and create some big plays for us.

He will be a real key in this offense this year in our superbowl run. If he can post up against DB's in some of the tight end passes going to him and use that body to block the defender off the ball he's going to be dangerous.

He will be a real key in this offense this year in our superbowl run. If he can post up against DB's in some of the tight end passes going to him and use that body to block the defender off the ball he's going to be dangerous.
i like the way he catches the ball and immediately runs for plus yardage..no hesitation, no dancing..and if there is a defender ..then he's going to go through that defender
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

maybe he will improve, maybe roman will call his number more, maybe ck will trust him, lotta maybes there but since vernon is the number one tight end and vance does not have to be the man i am willing to take the chance vance will improve and ck will trust him. well i guess two out of three ain't bad
Share 49ersWebzone