LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ethan:
McDonald is a very impressive athlete for a 270 pounder. He is almost built like a fullback, from a blocking point of view, but has 4.6 speed and freakishly long arms. He seems like he could be used in a few different roles in the offense. A college wide receiver with a fullback build. Kind of a jacked up version of Delanie Walker coming out of college.

I don't want to say it was steroids, but do the math
Originally posted by swayze:
McDonald is a very impressive athlete for a 270 pounder. He is almost built like a fullback, from a blocking point of view, but has 4.6 speed and freakishly long arms. He seems like he could be used in a few different roles in the offense. A college wide receiver with a fullback build. Kind of a jacked up version of Delanie Walker coming out of college.

Roids..are you serious ?

and he was a TE out of college not a WR
  • ethan
  • Veteran

The math in McDonald's case was 240 coming out of high school and 267 at the Combine. Gain of 27 pounds over 4 years. Healthy, but not suspicious.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Roids..are you serious ?

Well, he played quite a bit of both WR and TE in college.

Roids..are you serious ?

Ask ethan...2/3 of the players in the league are roided up. It's science. I blame the Colombian HGH trafficking cartels

Roids..are you serious ?

Ask ethan...2/3 of the players in the league are roided up. It's science. I blame the Colombian HGH trafficking cartels
dont worry..its protein powder

Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Hmm I remember Jerry Rice couldn't catch as a rookie.

You don't think that's exaggerating a bit? He caught 49 balls as a rook. And Joe was hurt when Rice was just getting started.

No, Jerry's hands were questionable for sure. And TO had shaky hands his entire career (and the occasional alligator arms). This guy will just have to get more chances, so you can see if the good outweighs the bad.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
No, Jerry's hands were questionable for sure. And TO had shaky hands his entire career (and the occasional alligator arms). This guy will just have to get more chances, so you can see if the good outweighs the bad.

I think Jerry demonstrated dominance on the collegiate level where his production was significant though vs lesser competition. Vance was more the combine freak than he was the dominant collegiate producer. This is not to say that Vance won't pan out. I think he will but he ain't replacing VD just yet
  • ethan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I think Jerry demonstrated dominance on the collegiate level where his production was significant though vs lesser competition. Vance was more the combine freak than he was the dominant collegiate producer. This is not to say that Vance won't pan out. I think he will but he ain't replacing VD just yet

There might not be a choice, I don't think they're going to cave to Davis if he sits out.
There might not be a choice, I don't think they're going to cave to Davis if he sits out.

We won't cave but VD will have to. He simply cannot sit out and miss on millions two seasons straight only to still be under contract to us for three more years. We won't trade him because we cant get fair value for him and we have all our picks next year plus a couple comps anyway. We have nothing to gain from trading him unless someone coughs up a first or gives us an impact player in return. Heck. At $30k a day I expect VD back early training camp
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jun 23, 2014 at 9:01 PM ]

• ethan
  • Veteran
We won't cave but VD will have to. He simply cannot sit out and miss on millions two seasons straight only to still be under contract to us for three more years. We won't trade him because we cant get fair value for him and we have all our picks next year plus a couple comps anyway. We have nothing to gain from trading him unless someone coughs up a first or gives us an impact player in return. Heck. At $30k a day I expect VD back early training camp

They might trade him for a vet like Marcedes Lewis in Jacksonville, plus a draft pick. So they have TE covered for the upcoming season.
They might trade him for a vet like Marcedes Lewis in Jacksonville, plus a draft pick. So they have TE covered for the upcoming season.

sus, take notes. This is how you troll.
  • ethan
  • Veteran
sus, take notes. This is how you troll.

You have nothing better to do than stalk my comments?
We ain't trading VD for anything less than a kings ransom. He will be here by training camp at some point
We ain't trading VD for anything less than a kings ransom. He will be here by training camp at some point

Seriously. Yall need to calm down.
Share 49ersWebzone