There are 311 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
Speaking of TE's I wonder if Delanie misses the 49ers?

Even Vance get improve his receiving he really has a chance to be a great swiss army knife for Roman. Even though I don't think the 49ers used Delaine enough.

IDK about Walker missing the 9ers but the 9ers sure miss Walker.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Yep, he could drop passes with the best of them
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
the kid should be better this year than what he was last year and thats all you can hope for
Third TE @ best.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

This x 10
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

This x 10
Seriously that guy had hands of stone. People have short memories around here...

OHhhhh i sure miss Alex Smith.. .he was the best!

[ Edited by JimHarbaugh on Jun 13, 2014 at 9:48 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
He can be unstoppable in a traditional WCO TE scheme (finding the soft zones/holes in the defense - catch, turn and get up field) and esp. if we dial him up as a primary receiver early and often in games. I know the coaches said they plan to now incorporate him into the passing game which was already his strength coming in so the coaches developed his blocking game all last year (and b/c that's our forte). I wouldn't be surprised if Davis is holding out and taking one for the team and his contract concerns are bogus in an effort to get McDonald 100% of the snaps in pre season. I swear we go through this every year and then at the end of pre season, everything just seems to "work itself out."

Agree totally.

In the end, JH/Roman have to use him more as a weapon. The guy can be VERY effective if they target him more. Sure he had some drops but so does every other receiver.

With his size and speed he can be a game changer BUT only if they use him as one.
I have pretty high hopes for Mac in the upcomming year. I think he was just a little more raw than people expected and that made coaches and Kap both look to him less. Now that he has had some time in the offense and will get another offseason to gel with the QB, he has all the tools to be a big piece going forward. Needs to work on the hands for sure, but if he gets comfortable in his routes and playing his roll....he will stop fighting the ball and catches will come.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Hope he wished for some hands.

V-Mac is confident, check out this tweet he just sent me.

@UNC_SF49ers 12m
@VMcDonald89 Happy B-Day man! Looking fwd 2 watching u and VD destroy the league as the best TE duo in the game this year!!!!!!!!!!

Vance Coman McDonaldVerified account‏@VMcDonald89

@UNC_SF49ers That's will be an accurate statement this season

(sorry guys I can't figure out how to embed the tweet so it shows up like it does on twitter)
[ Edited by matt49er on Jun 13, 2014 at 1:53 PM ]

^^ I like his confidence!
Over under on receptions this year for Vance... 25.

Personally I am going over. I think he will have a solid year.
BUST!
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Over under on receptions this year for Vance... 25.

Personally I am going over. I think he will have a solid year.

if we pass more like they've been saying then I agree that 25 is a good number.
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
BUST!

Nah, too early to call him a bust. His role last year was vastly different than what he was doing in college. Technically he was still a TE, but he might as well have been learning a completely new position.

That's on the coaches for trying to force him to be Delanie Walker 2.0. He's not Delanie. He should be lined up in the slot as a big, receiving TE. That's his strength. I'd like to see use him more in that role when we go 2 TE.
Share 49ersWebzone