LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 313 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Afrikan:
yall act like he drops every pass... Are yall ignoring those stats I listed in the previous page? Expecting more from a second round pick is totally understandable, but don't at like we haven't seen this before.

I saw those. But VD made some wow plays even though he dropped passes. Like that TD against GB where he burned everyone. McDonald is dropping passes and is just a blocker, which are dime-a-dozen in this league. He hasn't shown anything special except the trucking of the royal highness of Seattle, Sherman.

Its too early, but so far, so meh.
yall act like he drops every pass... Are yall ignoring those stats I listed in the previous page? Expecting more from a second round pick is totally understandable, but don't at like we haven't seen this before.

Davis was very inconsistent in his rookie year, but there were a few plays that you knew he was going to be good down the road. Obviously we didn't expect him to become one of the best TEs ever, but there was a lot of potential. He had a long TD against GB that kept me going. I just don't see the necessary athleticism. He's big and he's fast, but he's missing something.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Davis was very inconsistent in his rookie year, but there were a few plays that you knew he was going to be good down the road. Obviously we didn't expect him to become one of the best TEs ever, but there was a lot of potential. He had a long TD against GB that kept me going. I just don't see the necessary athleticism. He's big and he's fast, but he's missing something.

SWAG?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Could have just drafted Zach Ertz but baalke always trying to out smart everyone.

No wonder Harbaugh is gonna get rid of him.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

SWAG?

more like more passes.. check out those stats from the previous page folks. they are putting up about the same type of numbers.e

edit- two pages ago actually.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 26, 2013 at 5:19 PM ]
ah hell here...

forget Delanie for a second...besides he never had dropping issues before last year. BUT

Vernon was the 6th overall pick and was dropping many passes.

here are some interesting stats.

in Vernon's rookie year he caught

20/42 passes so alittle less than half.......for 265 yards

in Vance's rookie year so far he has caught

8/19 passes so again alittle less than half...for 119 yards (which is alittle less yards than half of Vernon's total yards, in less than half the targets)

so basically.... Vance is playing like Vernon did in his rookie season....stat wise. Both are averaged about the same yards per catch (Vernon 13.3, Vance 14.9)

now yes Vernon only played in 10 games...but again I think Target to catch ratio is what matters here.
Again, there was optimism (plus a lot of $$ for a high draft pick) for Vernon. I'm not optimistic about him. I was more optimistic before the season than I am now.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Hr is disappointing but I haven't written him off yet. If he gets his hands together he'll be an excellent TE cuz hes already a good blocker.
we need him to be a blocker first, so i think he has been great in that area....its gonna take another season before we write him off as a pass catcher,
These threads about rookies declaring them busts before their careers have even gotten rolling need to stop.

Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
These threads about rookies declaring them busts before their careers have even gotten rolling need to stop.

But he was comically bad on Monday.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

This is the general Vance McDonald thread.
We started him over some one who was here for 2 yrs as a rookie(Celek) wwe dont do that... He'll be as solid as they come
McDonald needs to have a better game than that.
I wasn't a fan of McDonald in the Packers game, saw him get blown up while blocking on multiple occasions. Especially while motioning into the backfield and leading to the outside. He's got great measureables, hope he continues to grow into them in the offseason.
Share 49ersWebzone