There are 197 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Vance was a WR at Rice?
Which is worse that our TE misses A pass or watching some people go from calling him better than Walker to sucking and they want him gone. In ONE PASS.

I'm going with option 2.
the defender made a heck of a play.

he probably would seem better if they didn't just design 1 play to him a game.
and if they actually used him in the red zone when we get there.

but we don't

just 1 deep pass a game for vance and the rest of the time he blocks
coaches just waste potential waste talent baalke has to see this he has to ask jim to change

how many td's do you think macdonald would have if he played for the patriots right now?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
this offense missed Delaine Walker bad...

so true....that guy is harder to replace than I thought...Mcdonald is just not making the differecne I thought he would....He has to make that catch with the game on the line...
f**k vance mcdonald. he needs to work on his hands big time.
I'm sick of the whiners here.

McDonald has made some really great grabs this rookie season.

Someone please post a vid of that play to McDonald.

Lets see if it was indeed that he is so terrible as claimed by some here, or if indeed the defender made strong play.

Lets see THE TRUTH PLEASE.
Defender made a great play on that pass. Give him 50% blame.
Originally posted by 49erWay:
I'm sick of the whiners here.

McDonald has made some really great grabs this rookie season.

Someone please post a vid of that play to McDonald.

Lets see if it was indeed that he is so terrible as claimed by some here, or if indeed the defender made strong play.

Lets see THE TRUTH PLEASE.

LOL. He has made how many "great" grabs? Two? I was worried about his lack of athleticism at this level. With that said, he could be "Witten type" (not saying he will be that good, but same possession type guy) because his hands are supposed to be good. The kid cannot drop the ball. Point blank. He f**ked up big time yesterday and his rookie season has not been impressive. He needs to step up. And step up NOW
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
this offense missed Delaine Walker bad...

Agreed. You always want guys with different skillsets and we probably should of went after someone like Jordan Reed.
Originally posted by jreff22:

f**k that. He is an NFL tight end. Perfect pass and he had it in his hands. Have to hold on. You don't give Kap any passes, don't give him one. In that situation, you gotta make that play

Originally posted by sacniner:
LOL. He has made how many "great" grabs? Two? I was worried about his lack of athleticism at this level. With that said, he could be "Witten type" (not saying he will be that good, but same possession type guy) because his hands are supposed to be good. The kid cannot drop the ball. Point blank. He f**ked up big time yesterday and his rookie season has not been impressive. He needs to step up. And step up NOW

they design 1 play a game to go to him. hard for anyone to produce when they're blocking 85% of the time they're in the game.

let him loose. the coaches are scared more and more its looking like they're actually holding the players back. let's not forget they're in their 3rd year of coaching too
I'm not really all that worried about Vance McDonald at this point. He is a rookie, and the coaching staff is utilizing him mostly for blocking. Yes he should have made that catch down the seam, but the defender did also pull his arms, which helped dislodge the ball from his grasp. He still should have made the catch, but being that he is a rookie and that mistakes like that are expected, I don't want to really dwell on it. Also, he needs more reps to get into a rhythm. We use him almost purely for blocking, and we don't target him on most of the plays where he's running a route, and then we expect him to make a great catch the one time he is targeted. Not very reasonable.

f**k that. He is an NFL tight end. Perfect pass and he had it in his hands. Have to hold on. You don't give Kap any passes, don't give him one. In that situation, you gotta make that play

The LB started ripping his arm down once the ball made contact. Its a strength vs strength scenario. It it was a DB I think he holds on, against whoever it was its a toss up. That guy had great coverage, Panthers have a player in that guy.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

they design 1 play a game to go to him. hard for anyone to produce when they're blocking 85% of the time they're in the game.

let him loose. the coaches are scared more and more its looking like they're actually holding the players back. let's not forget they're in their 3rd year of coaching too

He will have plenty of opportunities this week and several plays where he'll be the first read. Lets see how he does. At this point, the coaches don't know what they have with him. When he gets a chance, he NEEDS to make a play. Maybe if he made that grab, we would have won the game and the coaches would have more confidence in him. That drop was inexcusable in that situation.

The LB started ripping his arm down once the ball made contact. Its a strength vs strength scenario. It it was a DB I think he holds on, against whoever it was its a toss up. That guy had great coverage, Panthers have a player in that guy.

Yes, that LB ripped his arms down. Guess what? That happens a lot in the NFL and everyone is strong. Even DBs. Have to make that play. That's how you win games and get the coaches to give you more plays. You seem to give Kap no passes and you're giving this kid one in the biggest drop of the game. That was huge. Hold on to the ball. He needs to step up in NO. No excuses.
Share 49ersWebzone