There are 237 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Obvious bust. LOL.

You should be the next Scot M. so we don't have to waste our time in here. I'll be seeking you out soon on your bust indicator on our current draft class.

Fortunately though he's gone and still dropping passes. Now, if only Kittle, Paulsen and Celek could add ANYTHING in the passing game, we'd all feel better.
NC, is this a troll post?

Careful or he'll block you.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Obvious bust. LOL.

You should be the next Scot M. so we don't have to waste our time in here. I'll be seeking you out soon on your bust indicator on our current draft class.

Fortunately though he's gone and still dropping passes. Now, if only Kittle, Paulsen and Celek could add ANYTHING in the passing game, we'd all feel better.
NC, is this a troll post?

Careful or he'll block you.
No, he likes and respects my football knowledge. He knows what's up.
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
If hes dropping Big Ben balls, he better just give it up and become a FT blocking TE. You can play forever in that role.

i thought you said this guy was an explosive playmaker. what went wrong there lmao

He is...WHEN he catches the ball. Now we can laugh at our other TE's like Kittle and Paulsen who can't catch either. Yay, it's fun ripping our own players. Show me the way. It makes me feel like I'm a Seattle fan trolling!

No, there's some players that have been obvious busts from their first two or three years, but you've constantly used the give them time or the system isn't a good fit for them arguments. Just because some people see that some players are bad doesn't make you a trolling seahawk fan.

Some people pulled a Jed and caught Baalke syndrome. Literally thought getting rid of Kap would make Baalkes trash look better. Remember how we would see "real quarterbacking" this year lmao? Now everybody realizes Kilgore and the rest of them are garbage lol. Be happy we don't have Marcus Martin "anchoring" the middle anymore, along with garbage lining up next him.
If hes dropping Big Ben balls, he better just give it up and become a FT blocking TE. You can play forever in that role.

i thought you said this guy was an explosive playmaker. what went wrong there lmao

He is...WHEN he catches the ball. Now we can laugh at our other TE's like Kittle and Paulsen who can't catch either. Yay, it's fun ripping our own players. Show me the way. It makes me feel like I'm a Seattle fan trolling!

No, there's some players that have been obvious busts from their first two or three years, but you've constantly used the give them time or the system isn't a good fit for them arguments. Just because some people see that some players are bad doesn't make you a trolling seahawk fan.

Obvious bust. LOL.

So, McDonald isn't a bust? Just trying to figure out what you are saying here.

And who cares about Paulsen and Celek lol, both are 3rd string TEs at best, who expected them to be any good? Kittle is a 3rd round rookie while also having Hoyer throwing him the ball. Either way, it's not like I expect him to be all pro TE, but he's already looked better through 4 games than Vance did throughout his first 2 years. At least he doesn't get stupid penalties and completely forgets his assignments.
Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:

Can't speak for NC but Vance is a good blocker and he does have explosive play ability in the passing game. He just drops too many passes. If he had good hands he's be a viable weapon because he gets open and can take one to the house as we've seen him do.

At this point I'm not sure if his drops can be fixed. The Steelers probably thought they could fix it. If I were Vance I'd spend hours each week catching bullet passes with a defender in my face. Do the same in the offseason. It's such a glaring weakness there's no excuse to not work on it non-stop till it's fixed.

If he has already been doing this then he's screwed.

It wasn't just the drops, he would also have some really dumb penalties against him, and looked lost a lot of the time, especially on audibles and motions, where he would commit said penalties. Also, there's plenty of times where he missed his assignments while blocking. On top of the dropped passes (which I think coaches could've lived with) it was too much to over come how dumb of a football player this guy was. Classic definition of a meat head here. And he's not the first NFL player with athletic talent that is a complete bust because of dumb they are. Look at Taylor Mays...

I'm not really on "team Vance" here. In fact, I thought Baalke was an idiot for giving him that contract.
2 targets for 0 receptions.

One drop was intercepted
  • jcs
  • Veteran
I guess getting rid of this scrub was justified.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

One drop was intercepted

at least he saved that TD last game!!!
Originally posted by jcs:

Drafting him that high over multiple superior tight ends never was.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Oct 9, 2017 at 2:25 PM ]
Originally posted by jcs:

For sure.

Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

Some people pulled a Jed and caught Baalke syndrome. Literally thought getting rid of Kap would make Baalkes trash look better. Remember how we would see "real quarterbacking" this year lmao? Now everybody realizes Kilgore and the rest of them are garbage lol. Be happy we don't have Marcus Martin "anchoring" the middle anymore, along with garbage lining up next him.

Who said that? Who is this "everybody"?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

One drop was intercepted

no it wasn't
The Niners traded McDonald and a 2018 5th round pick to the Steelers for a 2018 4th round pick. If that isn't highway robbery I don't know what is.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The Niners traded McDonald and a 2018 5th round pick to the Steelers for a 2018 4th round pick. If that isn't highway robbery I don't know what is.

For who? I find it kinda embarrassing we had to trade a pick with a former 2nd rounder just to get a 4th rounder. Hes not even an upcoming ufa.
So, McDonald isn't a bust? Just trying to figure out what you are saying here.

Hell yes he's a bust! Mike Ditka 2.0 my ass!

The second he couldn't catch soft balls from Hoyer, he proved he wasn't a WCO TE. Done. And now he can't catch from Ben too? LOL...so sad.

No, when I posted that about Celek, Paulsen and Kittle, I was just annoyed as all 3 were VM-ing it up the same way by not catching anything.

Kittle certainly took some positive strides last game after an early dropped TD. I just hope he can grow consistency there. WCO TE's have to be able to catch. Period.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 10, 2017 at 11:59 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone