There are 173 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Beezy33:
Can really see us letting VD go come his next contract if he wants big $$$$ and VM takes over that role.

Not that I want this to happen but VM will probably be MUCH cheaper than VD after the 2015 season.

VM isn't the freak of nature that VD is, but we've found a gem for sure.

VD would be 32 or 33 years old by the end of his contract.. which looks to have about 2 million of guaranteed "dead" money in each year of it.

He will probably just retire then and do what he does with his art and painting endeavors.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Can really see us letting VD go come his next contract if he wants big $$$$ and VM takes over that role.

Not that I want this to happen but VM will probably be MUCH cheaper than VD after the 2015 season.

VD would be 32 or 33 years old by the end of his contract.. which looks to have about 2 million of guaranteed "dead" money in each year of it.

He will probably just retire then and do what he does with his art and painting endeavors.
Or if he decides to keep playing, he's not going to get a massive contract. Not at that age.
Originally posted by theduke85:
Or if he decides to keep playing, he's not going to get a massive contract. Not at that age.

Yeah, true. He may even decide on a change of scenery and play for peanuts with his old buddy in KC.
Yeah, true. He may even decide on a change of scenery and play for peanuts with his old buddy in KC.

The thing I LOVE about McDonald already is his 'tude and physicality. He gets jammed in a game and plays straight through it ripping a LB's helmet right off. Then he leaps over one guy and plows over another. This aggressiveness is going to rub off on VD...like Boone/Davis together; just "controlled nasty." They are going to command so much attention, the other guys should have field days. I've been watching VD closely this pre season. NOBODY can stay with that guy. He was wide open for an easy TD against both S's last game but CK missed him. He is just an instant mismatch and with us moving him "everywhere" this is going to be fun to watch. Who needs a #5 or #6 WR? They were saying last game that when they interviewed VD, he said he was lining up out wide as a WR, in the slot, even in the backfield. He said it's been hard b/c he's had to learn so many different positions. Think about that for a second...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
please don't call him Big Mac. k, thx bye.
This dude might have the potential to be as close to Bret Jones of this offense in a long time. Lower the shoulder on Sherman, Big Mac
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
This dude might have the potential to be as close to Bret Jones of this offense in a long time. Lower the shoulder on Sherman, Big Mac

More powerful than Brent.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Joecool:

by far. Poor brent was a punching bag. Dude was always taking huge hits. lol. Bowlegged ass.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

able to leap tall buildings in a single bound

LOL VD to retire at 32? the guy takes amazing care of his body in the hopes he can follow in Tony G's footsteps and play a long long time. I dont think it would be that hard to resign VD. TE's at the moment dont make top money, and when his contract is up VD seems like the type that if you give him top 5 money he will be happy, dont think he will try to negotiate to be the highest paid TE ever. He seems to acknowledge that being on a good team is better than individual accomplishments.... Him and Brooks are the only things Singletary got right.
[ Edited by 5280High on Aug 27, 2013 at 9:41 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

He has already done in two games what Vernon hasn't done his entire career:

1. Catching and turn straight upfield
  2. Lower his shoulder
  3. Make DB's fear tackling him.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

He has already done in two games what Vernon hasn't done his entire career:

1. Catching and turn straight upfield
  2. Lower his shoulder
  3. Make DB's fear tackling him.

I do like that he crushes the second db...
Originally posted by 5280High:
LOL VD to retire at 32?

Pffffhh... we don't know. Vernon has a life outside of football, and he MIGHT just wish to pursue that while still young, healthy, and before declining.

Maybe, maybe not... but you shouldn't laugh at the possibility.
Share 49ersWebzone