There are 158 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Vernon should be doing that. He has too much power not to be running over guys...a dancer he is not.

i love vernon but the dude thinks he's barry sanders out in open space lol

Harbs needs to sit him down and have him watch the 90's x-men cartoon. When the juggernaut runs through walls Jim needs to pause and rewind and say this is what you do from now on.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Hurdle followed up by a truck

Vernon should be doing that. He has too much power not to be running over guys...a dancer he is not.

he might start too, as much as its expected that Vernon will teach Vance how to play the position... I wouldn't be surprised if Vernon gets motivated to change alittle of the things he does himself, thanks to watching Vance.

if you look at that clip, Vernon is on the lower right and right away he is going crazy and is pumped up.

now if we can have Vance running with passes and not jumping off the ground, maybe Vernon will do the same. Right now it seems like Vernon has company with that jumping s**t (Jon Baldwin)...so hopefully he switches up.

i love vernon but the dude thinks he's barry sanders out in open space lol

Harbs needs to sit him down and have him watch the 90's x-men cartoon. When the juggernaut runs through walls Jim needs to pause and rewind and say this is what you do from now on.

lol remember the Giants game in '11 (reg season ) where he tried to jump straight up at the goal line and fell on top of that guy?
Originally posted by nc49erfan:
^beast

.........with hands.
Get over it you guys. They don't have to play the exact same way. Vernon is speed. Vance is power. If they both do their thing why on earth are you worried how they do it?.... It's better to have a change up of different ways anyway. It makes your team stronger.

Vance btw looks like a beast. I think he is going to be an awesome #2. I think we hit big on that draft pick. He's big and powerful with good hands. He loves to play physical. He blocks well. What's not to like?
i could not be more excited about the '13 draft class. it looks epic.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Get over it you guys. They don't have to play the exact same way. Vernon is speed. Vance is power. If they both do their thing why on earth are you worried how they do it?.... It's better to have a change up of different ways anyway. It makes your team stronger.

Vance btw looks like a beast. I think he is going to be an awesome #2. I think we hit big on that draft pick. He's big and powerful with good hands. He loves to play physical. He blocks well. What's not to like?

Vernon is speed in a single direction, not stop and start quick. If he dropped his shoulder and ran through guys he could gain more yards. He doesn't need to try to juke a DB, he is perfectly capable of running over them.

Look at Dixon for example...when he learned to stop dancing he became better and gets more yards.

Vernon is speed in a single direction, not stop and start quick. If he dropped his shoulder and ran through guys he could gain more yards. He doesn't need to try to juke a DB, he is perfectly capable of running over them.

Look at Dixon for example...when he learned to stop dancing he became better and gets more yards.

He does not have to play like some other player who is a rookie with big upside no doubt. Each player should and will play to their own strengths. Don't put a round peg in a square hole. And vice versa don't put a square peg in a round hole. I've seen Vernon run around people and past people plenty of times in his career. Vernon is also 250 lbs. Vance is 267 lbs. Almost 270. They will play different and they are built different.

Vernon has made the Pro Bowl. He had two 900 + yard years. One of which that had 13 TD's. He's fine thank you. This despite subpar QBing at least at the time. Now he has an excellent QB for the first time. And the Crabtree security blanket is injured. So Kaep absolutely has to look elsewhere.

2 players can do things 2 different ways and that is fine. That's not bad or wrong.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Aug 26, 2013 at 3:00 AM ]

his running power reminds me of a young jeremy shockey
i could not be more excited about the '13 draft class. it looks epic.

And we won't see what could be 2 of the best picks until next year. Looks great so far.

So does Vance have a nickname yet?
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Alligator arms
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Big MAC

Originally posted by spizzy:

He does that sometimes in the NFL but speed is his real advantage at this level.
Share 49ersWebzone