LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Vance McAlligatorarms

I agree. He did hear the footsteps, but it was the only bad play he had. Everything else was pretty darn good.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

Bwahahahaha
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Vance McAlligatorarms

I agree. He did hear the footsteps, but it was the only bad play he had. Everything else was pretty darn good.

I chalk that up to 'rookie' bumps, first NFL hits he's ever had at that position, he'll get used to it and become fearless as Crabtree did at WR.
Vance McAlligatorarms
Vance Alligator TRex Arms = Val-TRex
[ Edited by DatNyjerSireez on Aug 8, 2013 at 10:02 PM ]
If he can develop his hands to at least "Vernon's level" we will have a great RZ weapon.
Originally posted by robniner:
So there were posts in the SF-Denver preseason thread about a nickname for him.

How about The Texas Beast. That guy is a tall target and when he gets the ball he runs like a physical beast. Also being from Texas (Rice), it fits his stature.

The Texas beast?

I'm totally not trying to be rude here, but that nick name deserves a zero out of zero on the nickname scale.

I'm pretty sure people will just get lazy and start calling him V-Mac.

And speaking of Vance, how nice is it to have a #2 TE who is 6'5 w/ long arms who looks natural catching the ball? Walker was a huge part of the offense for all the snaps he took, but Vance is huge, fast & doesn't drop everything like Walker did. Now all the Niners need is some faith healer to get to work on Crabtree and the offense is set to dominate!
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Aug 8, 2013 at 10:05 PM ]
Vance did good. I like what I saw for the rookie
Originally posted by jreff22:
If he can develop his hands to at least "Vernon's level" we will have a great RZ weapon.

That won't be especially difficult because Vernon's best assets are not his hands.

Imagine when this big guy learns how to block! 2 TE sets are gonne KILL some defenses!
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:

That won't be especially difficult because Vernon's best assets are not his hands.

Imagine when this big guy learns how to block! 2 TE sets are gonne KILL some defenses!

The whole 2 TE runs and jumbo sets always backfire because we broadcast what we are doing. If this kid can find a whole in the D and sit, Kap will have (and the team will have) what we have missed for a LONG time.

i see him developing nicely, just gotta have some patience with him. i think he'll be a stud

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

i see him developing nicely, just gotta have some patience with him. i think he'll be a stud

All we really need him to do is run 12 yards and turn around. I think he has a good shot at being in the top 5 for TD's (for us) this year.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
he dropped one pass but he's a big target.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
i think he gonna be an upgrade over Walker.
  • thl408
Overall pleased by his play despite the two drops. He reached high up for two catches as well. I think his bread and butter route will be drive into the defender within the 5 yard range where contact is allowed, then create space by pushing off. Easy 7-8 yard reception.
A faster Eric Johnson.
Share 49ersWebzone