LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Hopefully he's learned how to properly box out defenders.. Tonight we shall see!
  • thl408
His jump in level of competition will be huge. Can't dominate small school DBs anymore. Time to hit, and be hit, with the big boys.

He's the rookie I am most eager to see in action.
Can't catch any worse than Walker.
Originally posted by socalniner:
Can't catch any worse than Walker.

i heard mcdonald needs to work on his hands....
He looked really good.. Still needs to shield defenders away properly.. Does he not know how big he is?
I like this dude. Seeing a receiver go up and snag a ball out of the air in a 49ers uniform was a nice sight!
This guy looks like a beast. 6'4" 270 lbs. and he runs in the 4.6 range. His hands look pretty good too. He will be a very good #2 TE. Good blocker too. Very physical. I'm very impressed with him.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Vance McAlligatorarms
Originally posted by McAlligatorarms
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Vance McAlligatorarms

Alligators have short arms..?

Vance will only get better but he is already serviceable and he saw more action than Celek or Gray

he dropped one pass but he's a big target.
So there were posts in the SF-Denver preseason thread about a nickname for him.

How about The Texas Beast. That guy is a tall target and when he gets the ball he runs like a physical beast. Also being from Texas (Rice), it fits his stature.
Originally posted by robniner:

How about The Texas Beast. That guy is a tall target and when he gets the ball he runs like a physical beast. Also being from Texas (Rice), it fits his stature.

No wait I got it guys, pass this on because this should be his new name and you saw it first right here from the bdub.. Wait for it.. BIG MAC ... Thank you very much and your welcome :-)
[ Edited by bdub2588 on Aug 8, 2013 at 9:58 PM ]
Originally posted by bdub2588:
Originally posted by robniner:

No wait I got it guys, pass this on because this should be his new name and you saw your it first right here from the bdub.. Wait for it.. BIG MAC ... Thank you very much and your welcome :-)

My favorite part was the forearm shiver knocking off a helmet before his leaping grab.

Hope he keeps playing with that high level of physicality
Share 49ersWebzone