LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 347 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Vance McDonald is the upgrade of Delanie walker(Swiss army knife)
looks like he's signed. nice.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
i have high hopes for the 2nd half of DOUBLE V.
Originally posted by Garcia:

For some reason this sounds highly erotic to me.
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:

This, but he's actually more of a TE than Walker was. He's got a critical size advantage that will help make him a weapon in the red-zone, he's also going to be tough as hell to bring down in the open due to his combination of size and great body control, do you want to be a 200 pound safety and see that 270 pound monster running right at you with a full head of steam? I think not.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This, but he's actually more of a TE than Walker was. He's got a critical size advantage that will help make him a weapon in the red-zone, he's also going to be tough as hell to bring down in the open due to his combination of size and great body control, do you want to be a 200 pound safety and see that 270 pound monster running right at you with a full head of steam? I think not.

Add in the fact he was actally very good as a slot WR. Meaning he can run routes... think about it, technically he is faster than Boldin yet weighs 260-270 and runs great routes. After the Crabtree loss, I gotta feeling our offense is gonna look just like the one from harbaughs last year at stanford. 3 TE sets, with BOTH VD and Vance able to split out wide. If the defense brings in run personnel, we throw, if they bring in light personnel we run.

Wow, the "Double V." Vernon and Vance. That has a real nice ring to it. Sounds like something they might like to repeat incessantly on Sports Center.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Add in the fact he was actally very good as a slot WR. Meaning he can run routes... think about it, technically he is faster than Boldin yet weighs 260-270 and runs great routes. After the Crabtree loss, I gotta feeling our offense is gonna look just like the one from harbaughs last year at stanford. 3 TE sets, with BOTH VD and Vance able to split out wide. If the defense brings in run personnel, we throw, if they bring in light personnel we run.

3 TE. I know some are high on celek but Marquis Gray looks like a very instinctive WR with TE size and soft hands. The versatility of this guy and even putting TEs in the pistol. Wow. With us not becoming crabtree centric we might unleash a dizzying array of playmakers. Roman calls a good game and we are going to be murderous
[ Edited by Pillbusta on May 23, 2013 at 7:58 PM ]
Starting to like this pick now
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

3 TE. I know some are high on celek but Marquis Gray looks like a very instinctive WR with TE size and soft hands. The versatility of this guy and even putting TEs in the pistol. Wow. With us not becoming crabtree centric we might unleash a dizzying array of playmakers. Roman calls a good game and we are going to be murderous

I like Celek a lot, but Gray does not look bad at all... any chance we keep all 4?

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Wow, the "Double V." Vernon and Vance. That has a real nice ring to it. Sounds like something they might like to repeat incessantly on Sports Center.

getrdone
Originally posted by LVJay:
I like Celek a lot, but Gray does not look bad at all... any chance we keep all 4?

Maybe initially with crabtree on the mend then release one when he returns

I've been waiting to see this offense unleashed on the NFL. Not only his it hard to stop, but it's easier to pay top TEs than it is top receivers. I'm hoping Gray makes the team so we can continue creating these difficult match ups.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Agree with all of you and he is a very smart guy! Great pick and a great need, particularly with Crabtree out. Hope they can get him ready.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

A 4 TE set, now that would be interesting to see.
Share 49ersWebzone